MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyMommyMichelle

A Maelstromer From Way Back...
We'll be in the WORLD for a bit in MAY!~!

12th-19th!!

Anyone else going at this time??

POP CENTURY FOR US!

we are going the same days you are, and are also staying at pop.
i cant wait.
the flights are booked,
the pop century rooms are booked,
our tickets have been purchased and advanced dining reservations have been made.
i am even in on a fridge swap..
i cant think of anything else i need to do except wait for 16 more agonizing weeks.

mothers day dinner reservation already made.

I haven't made any requests yet, any suggestions.
I'd like to be near the Main Hall/Food Court, as we have two small children and grandma travelling with us. It would be easier for catching buses and going for meals.

Im not sure of the set up of the buildings yet.

We'll be at POP from 5/13 - 22nd!!!!

We're so excited. We were in Orlando in July, off site, so not the same.. My DS5 kept saying mommy, I want to go to Pop Century!!!

We love Pop, can't wait for vacation!!!:cool1: :cool1

: :banana: :banana: :banana:

popmap1.jpg

Here is the map!!!

We HAD TO GO in MAy, we just went in October and our next is scheduled for Christmas!! :faint: :faint: it's just toooo far away, so DH said let's go for a 'minnie' trip in May and then it will tide us over until December!!!!! :woohoo: :cloud9:

We're thinking of calling back and switching to Preferred, we have always had EXCELLENT luck with rooms and then last year we were in the 80s section :faint: :faint: it was soooooo sooooooo far! and the 90s were even further! soo we don't want to chance that happening!

Hi all you May Mom's!

Two weekends ago, I was moaning ad groaning about wanting to go, dropping hints like crazy to Dh and he wouldn't bite. Soooo, we went to Dh's company party and one of his co-workers was talking and I was only sort- of listening until he said "...going to Orlando before the national meeting in May..." and my ears perked up. I looked at Dh and he said to the guy, "where is the meeting going to be?" and the guy leaned in close and said, "no one knows yet, but it's AT Disney World." Dh turned and looked at me like "uh-oh, I guess we'll be going for a vacation"!

Anyway, long story short, I have been scrambling!
We are staying May 9- 15th at POR. I've never been there but it's just us, no kids, so I wanted somewhere not quite so boisterous! We stayed at POP in October (in 90's...ugh...) with the kiddos.

Anyone been during Mother's Day weekend and know how crowded it is? I have to make dining ressies today...did you get everything you asked for?

Jodi:flower3:

Yep, I've booked all my ADR's for the week and got everything I wanted, including a ressie for 9 on mothers day. my sil and her family will be ther the same time. so we are all going out together that night.

Anyone been during Mother's Day weekend and know how crowded it is? I have to make dining ressies today...did you get everything you asked for?

Jodi

Never been during this time, but the Unofficial guide has it as a 4 out of 10.
We are not sure where we want to eat for Mother's day, i don't want anything special, I would actually just love the Garden Grill or Hollywood and Vine playhouse Disney! the kids love those places!!

I have booked through our vaction through a travel agent, but do you ever call disney directly yourself to put in room requests? ???

You have to call your travel agent and they will post requests on your ressie. THEn about 1 week before your vacay, when your ressie downloads into the resort system, you can begin to fax in your requests. they are ONLY requests and cannot always be honored! we were doing great on requests for about 3 or 4 visits and then last yr when the resort was sold-out we ended up in nowheresville at POP!

Disney Mommy Michelle

Thanks so much for the map and all in info.
It is really helpful. with this being our first visit to Pop, I am trying to get as much information as possible.
I have already told my travel agent that I want to be in the 1970's near the Goofy Splash Pad, and the main hall. So hopefully when we get closer to our ressie date, she'll help me the best she can.

Happy Planning....

By the way, I noticed you are from Rockford, my cousin just moved there.
It's a small world after all

hahah! wow it is a small world! :)

no problem on the help at all! we looove POP! so i can help with anything!!

70s is an awesome location! we were there once and it was sooo GREAT! the kids LOVE LOVE LOVE goofys splash jets! they are soo fun!!! (DH and i love them too!!)

I have officially just started my MAY binder today!!! :yay: !!!

I have a tab for:

dining (CS)
dining (TS)
resort info
park maps & info
transportation info
ticket info
:woohoo:

Hey!

Well, I got all of the dining reservations I wanted, just had to tweak the times a bit on some. We have never done the DDP so I'm new to this game. :)

It is good to know that the UG has that time listed as a "4"; it seems like a popular time to go (according to some threads here of dates people are going). When we went last year Oct 29-Nov4, it was very slow. I am spoiled now and really don't want a big crowd. Oh my.

Are either of you going to the Mother's Day brunch at Epcot? We aren't as of right now.

I guess I need to get me a folder going...
All of my papers are loose and all over the place!:scared1:

if all goes well with our jobs, we are going may6-9 at the hard rock resort (have always stayed at royal pacific, but are splurging to try this), then 4 nights at the carribean beach with dining plan(havenot been there since our first trip to disney backin 95 with 2 boys, now grown), then 6 nights at coronado springs. we are doing a split stay so we can enjoy the dining plan, but not have to have it for the whole trip. (too expensive for the whole time, and really too much food)
we are empty nesters, and have been twice with kids, and 6 times without.
(read hubby;s trip report - Guess who's coming to free dinner, by nebo, and completed trip report - If it's tues, this musht be epcot)
michelle, we live in carpenterville, our boys both live in belvidere!
ADRs, shutters at cbr, coral reef, big river grille, and maya grille at CS.

and there i was thinking i was a total freak, for having a binder started. so glad i'm part of a club, and not alone. ha ha
we are not doing any meals at epcot so far, but have booked quite a few charcter meals. since we are on the DDP, i want to take full advantage of it.

so far i have booked
chef mickeys / dinner
little einsteins / breakfast
crystal palace / dinner
and cinderella gala at 1900 park fare / dinner

but i have heard that these two may also be good meals may
whispering canyon at wilderness lodge,
garden grill

any other suggestions? or meals that you really loved.

The only two character meals we have had are the Princess Storybook breakfast in Norway and we always have dinner one night at the Liberty Tree Tavern.

We liked the Norway breakfast, but paid OOP and didn't feel like it was worth it for DD who didn't eat one bite. She's just a picky eater, so we never have paid for DDP before.

We like LTT in Magic Kingdom okay.

In Epcot, of course, everyone's favorite Le Cellier, which isn't a character meal, is not to be missed for us.

So far, we have ADR's for LTT, Coral Reef, Kona, California Grill (for Mother's Day supper and Wishes!) and Le Cellier. We are also going to Captain Jack's for Lunch on Saturday. That's our morning rest day.

And, for our last trip I used a whole ink cartridge printing out info, but I'm a TGM'er and the amount of info on his site is voluminous! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter