May 2019 Car Rental Thread

Question for those using Costco travel to book Alamo. We are currently Costxo members but membership expires 3/31 and we were not planning on renewing. Trip dates are 5/11-5/15 and today the rate dropped to $278 for a minivan, which is only $65 more than our currently booked Advantage rental. I was able to book the Costco rental and entered my membership number and all was fine. Will they check my membership at the airport or just show my card? Except in thought if you signed up for their Alamo rewards you could go straight to the car. Also how/when can you add the additional driver? Thanks so much for all your help!

Question for those using Costco travel to book Alamo. We are currently Costxo members but membership expires 3/31 and we were not planning on renewing. Trip dates are 5/11-5/15 and today the rate dropped to $278 for a minivan, which is only $65 more than our currently booked Advantage rental. I was able to book the Costco rental and entered my membership number and all was fine. Will they check my membership at the airport or just show my card? Except in thought if you signed up for their Alamo rewards you could go straight to the car. Also how/when can you add the additional driver? Thanks so much for all your help!

Do skip the counter and online check in so you can go straight to the garage. I've never EVER shown the gate attendant any proof of ANYTHING when checking out. I've used some very interesting codes in the past too. What happens inside at the counter I cannot speak of, but the people at the exit don't care one bit about codes or coupons.

That $65 is the best vacation money you will ever spend. Your time will be cut by an hour+ by using Alamo.

If you booked though costco travel, you may not be able to do online check in. I always use the costco code 7014627 through the alamo website and get the same rate. Then because its an alamo reservation you can manage it through the alamo site.

Rebooked my Alamo midsize rental from May 9th to May 18th just now. Got it down from $273 to $259 total.

Coupon Code - AD2824JAR ($25 off)
Contract ID - 860292 (WDW AP holder)

Ebates members right now are getting 4.5% cash back booking directly on Alamo's site -- another reason to skip Costco's site and just book directly using their codes! It all adds up :)

Do skip the counter and online check in so you can go straight to the garage. I've never EVER shown the gate attendant any proof of ANYTHING when checking out. I've used some very interesting codes in the past too. What happens inside at the counter I cannot speak of, but the people at the exit don't care one bit about codes or coupons.

That $65 is the best vacation money you will ever spend. Your time will be cut by an hour+ by using Alamo.

If you booked though costco travel, you may not be able to do online check in. I always use the costco code 7014627 through the alamo website and get the same rate. Then because its an alamo reservation you can manage it through the alamo site.

Ebates members right now are getting 4.5% cash back booking directly on Alamo's site -- another reason to skip Costco's site and just book directly using their codes! It all adds up :)

Thank you all for this advice! I checked yesterday on the Alamo site and the rates were the same using the Costco codes. I will check again now and hopefully book right with Alamo!

I totally forgot about Ebates for rental cars lol. I rebooked the same reservation I had and added it using Ebates to get the 4.5% cashback! Thank you!

I remember I tried using swagbucks before for Alamo and it wouldn't let me use it because I had the coupon codes added. For Ebates it let me book with my coupon codes intact.

I got a Fullsize Sat to Sat in October through Autoslash for $235. This was with Hertz. I've used them before, no issues. Great price and no extra work required.

Do you mind sharing the coupon code? The $30 code I have isn’t working.
I don't think all of these are working anymore, but the $30 still is.
AD3868JST carrentalsavers $25
AD1Z77AAl $25 Allstate
AD8913MJR $30 vacations USA
AD2823JAZ $25 ?

Rebooked my Alamo midsize rental from May 9th to May 18th just now. Got it down from $273 to $259 total.

Coupon Code - AD2824JAR ($25 off)
Contract ID - 860292 (WDW AP holder)

Just got it down this down to $234 this morning. Be sure to check those rentals today. Lowest I have seen them. Stoked to get a mid size for 9 days for this price.

Anyone know if there are both fullsize and standard aisles at MCO for alamo? I feel like I remember booking a standard before and getting to choose from fullsize aisle but I could be wrong.

Anyone know if there are both fullsize and standard aisles at MCO for alamo? I feel like I remember booking a standard before and getting to choose from fullsize aisle but I could be wrong.

standard/midsize/intermediate/fullsize classes are always considered the same size at least at Alamo anyways. Can't speak for the others companies.

If when you arrive, they have run out of cars in the category you booked, then they will let you choose from at least one category up.

Where on the Alamo website can the codes be entered? I looked but I don't see any place to enter them.

There is an "Add Discount Code" link in yellow on the left, right above "Alamo Insiders." Click on it.
Thanks, but I still don't see this. Is it visible from a computer, or just on a phone? Do you have to be logged into Alamo Insiders to see it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter