Meeting characters - World Bazaar

OldSchoolReasons

DIS Veteran
I am desperate to meet Robin Hood and pals as they're Tokyo Disney exclusive. Does anyone know where they are located or is it just a free for all with them walking up and down?

Also if I ask a cast member will they tell me or is it like Characterpalooza? My Japanese could stretch to ask that.

We saw Robin Hood when we were there in November. I can't remember the exact time, but it was before lunch. It seemed most characters were taking places against walls somewhere, but Robin was wondering around.
Comparing our June and November visits, we saw different sets of characters at the World Bazaar. But also they were at the different times of the day.

I think not all the CMs know when/who would be out there. I read it somewhere to ask those CM wearing purple vest or jacket. They should be able to tell you, but I also read that Tokyo Disney does not publish those greetings because they want to keep them as "magical" happenings.

I typically ask the cast members who stand near the "Wait Times" board about any particular characters that I want to see.

But, their English and knowledge of Disney characters can be a bit "hit or miss". For example, they knew "Donald Duck", but had no idea who "Scrooge McDuck" was. If you had a picture of Robin Hood and his pals on your phone to show them, that would probably make it easier.

They were happy to check some kind of printed spreadsheet that they had to confirm where Donald Duck would be appearing. So, I would try asking, but note that something could be mistranslated / misinterpreted.

The World Bazaar always did seem to have ... "old school" characters whenever we walked through there. But, it can also be a really popular place for guests to congregate, especially if it is raining, so it can be crowded and demand for the characters can be pretty high.

We have seen Robin hood and friends at the park entrance in the afternoon. Lots of characters just hang out at the entrance. Be prepared though that it isn't really organized and people don't queue up to see some of the characters, it's kind of a free for all. Having said that, we have never waited very long at all.

I'm pretty sure we also saw Robin Hood at the entrance in the afternoon. We entered on our first day and couldn't believe how many characters were there out the front. I'm guessing they go out there every afternoon, but yes, it was a free-for-all.

Eurgh the free-for-all method really goes against my English sensibilities, I'm just built for queuing. I'll have to toughen up!

Yes we saw Robin Hood's friends at the park entrance in the afternoon too! But not Robin Hood :sad:

We didn't have a crowd as I think most people didn't recognize them without Robin Hood

Eurgh the free-for-all method really goes against my English sensibilities

I've never had too much of an issue with this, especially for the lesser known characters (i.e. anyone other than Duffy and Marie). I be polite, but firm. I'll wait until it appears that everyone who was there before me has had an opportunity to take a photo of the character (or a photo with the character, although that is pretty rare) and then I'll just jump in for a photo.

It can be a little tricky, especially as most local visitors seem to just like photographing the character by themselves (which is odd to me, but standard for them). I just try to be really quick. Sometimes the characters seem to really appreciate someone actually directly interacting with them - they'll grab my hand / arm and encourage multiple poses / photos.

There are plenty of queuing opportunities for the "major" characters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter