Menu Planning April 27-May 3- requested recipes within!

Katy Belle

DIS Veteran
Upadated in more recent posts!
-----------------------
If I post my menus I do so much better!
Anyone care to join me??

Our weekend here is Fri/Sat, so I don't always match up with what you would expect.

Sun - Sloppy Joes, baked fries, fresh peaches and bananas
Mon- Chicken Tacos, refried beans, rice
Tues - Fajita Burgers w/onions and peppers, tortilla chips, salad
Wed.- Spaghetti, bread, broccoli, corn
Thur- Order pizza- appetizer to share with neighbors HAPPY HOUR!
Fri- Lunch - Cheese Quesadillas, salad, fruit
Dinner - Out
Sat. Lunch - Sandwiches, chips, fruit (two at cast party)
Dinner - Roast beef, mashed potatoes, carrots, bread,

Little late for the March 9-15 but how about for this week? I was just sitting here looking for ideas.....

Thurs--hamburgers
Friday--not sure, sometimes we go out
Sat--beef enchiladas and making an extra pan for DD to take back to school
Sunday--HAM!!!!!

Monday thru Thurs in no particular order...
Italian sausage and rigatoni
leftover ham or maybe bean soup if DH gets ambitious
shrimp and parmesan pasta
grilled chicken salad

I'm back! I sort of disappeared!

Swimnoid, I like your idea of just planning the week and just figuring out the day of what to have! I will do better with that because I always switch it up anyway. I will do that from now on!!!

LoveDopey,
Here is the recipe. Its a Rachel Ray and we LOVE it. Can't hardly eat a regular burger anymore. My family eats them on buns, but I eat mine without, to save some carbs!

Beef Fajita Burgers
1 1/3 lbs ground sirloin
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T chili powder
1 1/2 t ground cumin
2 to 3 T fresh thyme leaves (I leave this out)
Several Drops Tabasco
1 T grill seasoning (she uses McCormick's Montreal STeak Seasoning -I use Lawry's)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Seared Peppers and Onions
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 red and/or green peppers, thinly sliced lengthwise
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
1 jalapeno seeded and chopped ( I often leave this out)
salsa

Heat a grill pan or large skillet over medium high heat.

In a large bowl combine ground meat, Worcestershire sauce,chili powder,
,ground cumin,thyme leaves,Several Drops Tabasco,grill seasoning. Divide into 4 portions and make 4 patties, 1" thick. Drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 4 min on each side for medium, or until desired doneness.

To make peppers and onions, heat a medium skillet over high heat. Add olive oil, peppers and onions. Stir fry to sear them at the edges. Add garlic and jalapenos. Toss and turn the mixture about 3 minutes, then add the salsa and toss for 1 min longer. Place burgers on bun and top with pepper and onion mixture and top bun.

Enjoy!

Katy

Menu for week of March 30-April 5

In no order!!!

Hamburger Hash
chicken lettuce wraps
fajita burgers (yes again;) )
Garlic Lime Chicken
spaghetti and meatballs

pizza for DS8's birthday party

Menu for week of March 30-April 5

In no order!!!

Hamburger Hash
chicken lettuce wraps
fajita burgers (yes again;) )
Garlic Lime Chicken
spaghetti and meatballs

pizza for DS8's birthday party

Garlic Lime Chicken sounds great. Do you mind sharing the recipe?

I usually cut the chicken into strips, instead of cooking whole breasts. This is sooo good! Enjoy! We will have it tomorrow night.
Katy
----------------------------------------------------------------
Garlic Lime Chicken
Serves 6

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
4 tablespoons lime juice
In a bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of chicken breasts.

In a skillet heat butter and olive oil together over medium high heat. Saute chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Turn down the heat, remove the chicken (keeping warm) and add the lime juice and chicken broth to the pan, whisking up the browned bits off the bottom of the skillet. Keep cooking until sauce has reduced slightly. Add chicken back to the pan to thoroughly coat and serve.

My meals for the week...in no order!

Chicken Parmesean with pasta and veg
Meat loaf, mashed tators, cooked carrots
chicken lettuce wraps and veg fried noodles
Burritos and Mexican rice

I've been away for awhile and havent been cooking much since I got back. Time to get back to business so I came looking for this thread again!

this week will be in some order:

Spaghetti and meatballs
Tacos
pot roast and mashed taters
Chicken fajitas

Going out with DD after her chorus concert on Tues.
I'm going to try fajita burgers next week I think.

Meal Plan for April 27-May 3

Not feeling very inspired! Must plan something...
My oldest son has a bad case of strep throat. I made a big batch of chicken noodle soup yesterday. He will survive on that for a few days.

Ok..in no particular order

Potato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches - broccoli
Fajita Burgers, baked fries, asparagus
Bar-b-que chicken(oven) mashed tators, corn
Taco Salad -
"More peas if you Please Penne" (if I can find ricotta cheese)
Shepherds pie

Well, my whole plan for last week totally fell apart so I can still use some of those menus. :rotfl:

So.......

Sunday--BBQ beef brisket
Mon-Thurs in some order--
tacos
chicken enchiladas
fajita burgers!!!
pizza

Friday & Sat--out of town

I have no idea yet and I'm impressed that you can do your whole week's menu at a time. I've tried that but I'm so fickle food-wise that I was always changing my mind. I usually plan our meals two or three at a time. Right now I'm avoiding making our next meal plan now by Dissing instead. :goodvibes

I have no idea yet and I'm impressed that you can do your whole week's menu at a time. I've tried that but I'm so fickle food-wise that I was always changing my mind. I usually plan our meals two or three at a time. Right now I'm avoiding making our next meal plan now by Dissing instead. :goodvibes

I really struggle with this, which is why I started posting. It holds me just a little more accountable. I started not planning for a particular day, just the meals for the week, on Swimnoid's suggestion. That has worked way better for me. Even then, I don't always make what's on the list! I really want to limit my trips to the supermarket, especially the expensive one that carries American products. Meal planning does help me with this.

Happy cooking!
Katy

What do you think about starting a new post every Sunday for the next week's menus? Maybe more people would post to it. :confused3 Either way, here's my menu for the week....

Tuesdays and Thursdays are late dinners for us due to dd's softball games. So those days will be easy, quick meals.

Today: Grilled sausages, homemade macaroni salad, pickles
Monday: grilled bacon wrapped pork medallions, grilled potatoes with onions, corn on the cob, salad
Tuesday: Fettuicine Alfredo with chicken and broccoli, salad (premade)
Wednesday: Baked chicken and rice, green beans, salad
Thursday: Sloppy Joes, french fries, baked beans?, salad
Friday: pizza ?
Saturday: Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread

It's Sunday again. We are just back from WDW and it's time to start planning meals again although summer is bad for planning for us.

This week will be pretty boring for us...

Sunday--hamburgers as requested by DH
Monday--pot roast for "Crock Pot Monday"
Tues--Taco night!
Wed--Pizza with italian sausage, pepperoni, green peppers and mushrooms
Thurs-no food for me...colonoscopy tomorrow :confused:
Fri--not sure yet--might not be in the mood to eat yet :goodvibes
Sat--chinese at swimmming banquet!

I was hoping to revive this thread. My job has changed and I dont get home until 8:30 weeknights now. I really have to plan ahead or I'll just eat ice cream every night :lmao: I also need to plan for packing lunches.

Went to the store today and stocked up on stuff, especially meat. Next week's menu (in no particular order):

Chicken scampi
grilled steak
ham BBQ sandwiches (DH's specialty and he has already made them)
tacos
lasagna
shrimp and parmesan pasta

also making vegetable soup and french toast casserole

ok. im with ya, lets try to keep this thread going.... My family and I used to be the kings of eating out....but we are trying to cut back to maybe 1 night a week now so here is my meal plan for this week:
Baked fish, rice, veg
chicken, pot, veg
sloppy joes, french fies
spagetti, salad, french bread
and probably some kind of steak ant potatoe dish.

Any new input or new recipes would be appreciated!!!

Hello! I started this thread many moons ago! Happy to see it going again.

I really need to PLAN. My family and I started Weight Watchers about a month ago. When I don't have a plan the results are not good ;) Too easy to do grilled cheese or something equally as BAD!

So... Here are a few ideas for my week.

*tonight is whole wheat banana pancakes and turkey bacon (DH has a dinner meeting and he hates breakfast for dinner, but the boys and I love these pancakes)

*Chicken with broccoli and garlic sauce, rice,kiwi
*Baked fish, rice, cabbage/carrots, (tortillas with refried beans for the two turkeys who won't eat fish:confused3 )
*Grilled steaks, baked french fries, salad

That will do it for me for the week. We have a dinner Thursday night and usually go out Friday night with the boys.

Oh and I will make a big pot of minestrone to go in lunch boxes!

Katy

Another week of planning. Last week went pretty well and I stuck to the plan pretty well except no grilled steak...tonight instead. So....in no particular order, the rest of the week:

Spaghetti and meat balls

hamburgers

grilled chicken salad

italian sausage in the crock pot

porkchops

How about you all? :goodvibes

I'm in. I've got to start cooking again, I slacked all summer. I can't sleep so I made up a menu.

Garlic Lime Chicken (never tried but looks good, and I have the ingredients)
Crockpot Kielbasa Stew (same as above)
Chicken Stovetop Skillet with salad
Crockpot Pork Chile Adovada or Chili Verde (will decide that day)
Grilled Pork Chops with grilled veggies

Thanks for the motivation. Meal planning really makes a huge difference for me on getting something made. And of course getting something made makes a big impact on getting my DH not to eat lunch out.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter