Menu Planning April 27-May 3- requested recipes within!

I'm trying not to go to the grocerry this week and use up stuff I already have.

Sun was tacos

Tonight is Shrimp and Parmesan Pasta

The rest of the week in some order:

Salmon pinwheels (stuffed with crab mix)

diablo chicken

frozen pizza

Then I'm out of town unless I can get out of it....;)

Sat - breakfast casserole
Sun - nut-crusted Mahi Mahi (yes, again :rotfl: DH is really into this right now)
Mon - tater tot casserole
Tues - stir fry
Weds - leftovers (DH has class)
Thurs - chimichangas
Fri - Almond Chicken with Lemon sauce

Thanks Katy Belle - I made the Garlic Lime Chicken a few weeks ago, and I liked it. I will have to keep that in mind.

Piratesmate- what is your recipe for pork chops and balsamic apples? That sounds good.

Sautéed Pork Chops with Balsamic Apples

4 boneless or bone-in pork chops, ¾” thick
5 Tbl margarine
2 Tbl packed brown sugar
¼ tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
2 tart apples, cored, peeled and sliced
2 Tbl balsamic vinegar

Season chops, if desired with salt and pepper and the thyme. In a 12” skillet melt 4 Tbl of margarine over med-high heat and brown chops. Remove from skillet and keep warm.

In the same skillet, add apples and 1 Tbl margarine, and cook over med-high heat, stirring occasionally 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in sugar and vinegar and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute or until bubbling. Return chops to skillet and cook until done.

I love menu planning too. here is our dinner menu for the week.

Thurs (yesterday) Chicken roll ups, rice and seasoned green beans
Friday - homemade marinara sauce, meatballs, pasta, garlic bread and salad
Saturday - eat out at my sisters house
Sunday - Pork roast, potatos, carrots, cresent rolls
Monday - lemon chicken, lemon and cilantro rice, broccoli
Tues - chili and beer bread
Wed - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots salad

Sat - breakfast casserole
Sun - nut-crusted Mahi Mahi (yes, again :rotfl: DH is really into this right now)
Mon - tater tot casserole
Tues - stir fry
Weds - leftovers (DH has class)
Thurs - chimichangas
Fri - Almond Chicken with Lemon sauce

Sautéed Pork Chops with Balsamic Apples

4 boneless or bone-in pork chops, ¾” thick
5 Tbl margarine
2 Tbl packed brown sugar
¼ tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
2 tart apples, cored, peeled and sliced
2 Tbl balsamic vinegar

Season chops, if desired with salt and pepper and the thyme. In a 12” skillet melt 4 Tbl of margarine over med-high heat and brown chops. Remove from skillet and keep warm.

In the same skillet, add apples and 1 Tbl margarine, and cook over med-high heat, stirring occasionally 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in sugar and vinegar and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute or until bubbling. Return chops to skillet and cook until done.

Oh boy, this sounds delish!!! I am definatley going to add this to my reciepes. thanks for sharing

Fran

I was hoping to revive this thread. My job has changed and I dont get home until 8:30 weeknights now. I really have to plan ahead or I'll just eat ice cream every night :lmao: I also need to plan for packing lunches.

Went to the store today and stocked up on stuff, especially meat. Next week's menu (in no particular order):

Chicken scampi
grilled steak
ham BBQ sandwiches (DH's specialty and he has already made them)
tacos
lasagna
shrimp and parmesan pasta

also making vegetable soup and french toast casserole

Could you please share your Chicken Scampi reciepe??
Thanks
Fran

I love menu planning too. here is our dinner menu for the week.

Thurs (yesterday) Chicken roll ups, rice and seasoned green beans
Friday - homemade marinara sauce, meatballs, pasta, garlic bread and salad
Saturday - eat out at my sisters house
Sunday - Pork roast, potatos, carrots, cresent rolls
Monday - lemon chicken, lemon and cilantro rice, broccoli
Tues - chili and beer bread
Wed - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots salad

Would you mind sharing your recipes for the chicken roll ups, the lemon chicken & your lemon and cilantro rice? They all sound good! :teeth:

Would you mind sharing your recipes for the chicken roll ups, the lemon chicken & your lemon and cilantro rice? They all sound good! :teeth:

Of couse, I would be happy to. THey are all so yummy!!
Lemon garlic Chicken
Ingredients
1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless chicken breast
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cloves garlic (more or less to taste)
2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
1 teaspoon minced parsley

Directions
rinse chicken and pat dry.
In a small bowl combine oregano, seasoned salt and pepper, rub mixture onto chicken using all of the mixture.
In a large skillet over medium heat brown chicken in the butter.
Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
To the skillet add the water, lemon juice, garlic and chicken bouillion.
Stirring over medium heat bring mixture to a boil, loosening browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
Pour over Chicken, cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 5 to 6 hours until chicken is almost tender.
Add parsley Cover and cook on high for 15-30 minutes more!

Or sometimes I make it in the oven. Just brown the chicken in the frying pan and transfer it to a baking dish, then To the skillet add the water, lemon juice, garlic and chicken bouillion.
Stirring over medium heat bring mixture to a boil, loosening browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. and then pour it over the chicken in the baking dish. Cook at 350 for about 30 minutes (depending how thick the chicken is)

Lemony cilantro rice
Ingredients
1 teaspoon vegetable oil, preferably canola oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
3 cups chicken stock (vegetable stock makes this vegetarian/vegan)
1 grated lemon, rind of
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
fresh ground pepper

Directions
In a heavy saucepan, heat oil over mediumheat and cook onion for 5 minutes, or until softened.
Stir in rice, then stock, and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and cover; let simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and cilantro; taste and add pepper if you wish.
Note: this reheats very well so don't fret if this makes too much for your family.

Chicken and Ham roll ups

4 chicken breasts
2 t Dijon mustard
1/8 t pepper
2 oz thin sliced fully cooked ham
2 T grated Parmesan cheese
non stick cooking spray
1 egg white
1 T skim milk
1/3 C fine dry bread crumbs
2 t reduced calorie margarine
1/2 t dried basil

Rinse chicken, pat dry. pound it to 1/4 inch thickness. Spread each breast with Dijon mustard and sprinkle with pepper. Place ham, cut to fit if necessary. sprinkle with parm cheese over entire chicken breast. Roll up from the short end and set aside, seam down

spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick spray. In a shallow bowl whist together egg white and milk. In another shallow bowl stir together bread crumbs, margarine and basil. Coat each chicken roll by dipping it in the egg white mixture. Place in prepared baking dish with seam side down.

Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or til lightly browned and chicken is tender and no longer pink. If desired, garnish with lemon wedges. Makes 4 servings.

For freezing, just cool and put in a freezer container.
Variation to this is remove the dijon mustard and parm cheese and replace it with mozzerella cheese. and that is very goodtoo.

ENJOY :dance3:

Could you please share your Chicken Scampi reciepe??
Thanks
Fran

I'll look for it. I'm out of town. I got it from Allrecipes.com. I doctored it a little. It did turn out really good too. I served it over angel hair pasta. Time to make that again.

Oh! here it is! I saved it in my favorites for once!

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 boneless chicken breast halves, sliced lengthwise into thirds

DIRECTIONS
In a skillet heat the butter or margarine and oil over medium high until the butter/margarine melts. Add the parsley, basil, oregano and garlic and salt and mix together in the skillet. Stir in lemon juice.
Then add the chicken and saute for about 3 minutes or until white. Lower the heat and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. More butter/margarine can be added if needed.

If I remember correctly I think I dredged the chicken lightly in flour and browned it first and then added the lemon juice. I doubt if I used that much oil and butter either. I probably used more garlic. And the flour thickened the sauce some. I also cut the chicken so it was pretty thin.

Hope that helps!

Well, we know what most of you are doing on Thurs! What about the rest of the week?

There was a decent sale on ground beef last week so I cooked some freezer stuff that will be pulled out this week.

So this week in some order...

Tonight--grilled steak with either twice baked potatoes or pierogies

Mon/Tues/Wed

Spaghetti and meatballs (big surprise)
honey BBQ meatloaf
crock pot pork chops

Thurs--Turkey!!!!!!! Just a breast for us

Friday--we usually do something Italian the day after T-giving

Everyone have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Monday - beercan chicken (this is my first time trying this) roasted potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts
Tuesday - cheeseburgers, garlic fries, corn on the cob
Wed - meatloaf, mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, corn
Thurs - Happy Thanksgiving - we're eating turkey and all the fixin's
Fri - order pizza, I cant cook after being out shopping all day
Sat - Asian pork tenderloin, fried rice and broccoli
Sun - pasta, chicken parm, salad

Mine is a modified recipe from allrecipes.com. See link to original. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chile-Verde/Detail.aspx

I use whatever is on hand. I typically leave out the jalapenos because it is spicy enough for us without it. I also use whatever pork I have. I do not brown it, I chop it all and throw it in the crockpot (so I also don't use the olive oil). I use less chile verde sauce than the original called for. With two cans/jars it is still very soupy. You can probably do it with just one.

I buy whatever chile verde I can find on sale. It can be pricy if not on sale (but still cheaper than eating out).

I serve it on flour tortillas and set out cheese and sour cream if I have it. My sister eats hers with tortilla chips like a soup.

It is very easy and tasty and I keep the stuff on hand. You could use homemade chile verde sauce if you wanted to take the time.

INGREDIENTS
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cubed
2 Large cans green salsa (Chile Verde)
1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers (optional)
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes

DIRECTIONS
Heat the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until fragrant. Add the cubed pork, and cook until browned on the outside. OPTIONALTransfer the pork, onions, and garlic to a slow cooker, and stir in the green salsa, jalapeno peppers, and tomatoes.
Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours. Reduce the setting to Low, and cook for 4 to 5 more hours. (This is from original recipe). I typically cook mine on low all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter