Merged Irma impact on The Fort threads here

Well that is a lot of spaghetti....The bigger issue is the shear size of this thing. The storm is the size of Ohio. So I believe sadly it will be felt all over Florida, or where ever she decides to go. The we have Jose right on Irma's heels. Ugh.

Watching Weather Channel last night, looks like Jose will be making a track to the north, NC NYC somewhere in that area, from what I seen.

I hope people are backing up their unreplaceables and get the heck out when they are told.

My prayers go out to anyone and everyone that is impacted by this storm. Whatever you do, please do it safely and don't risk things you don't need to. I hope everyone at the Fort (evacuated or not) is safe.

Even though I am up here in NE PA, I am still keeping a close on eye on this storm as well. It looks like it could end up being right over top of us too (albeit it should be less of a hurricane by then).

Take care everyone and be safe.

My prayers go out to anyone and everyone that is impacted by this storm. Whatever you do, please do it safely and don't risk things you don't need to. I hope everyone at the Fort (evacuated or not) is safe.

Even though I am up here in NE PA, I am still keeping a close on eye on this storm as well. It looks like it could end up being right over top of us too (albeit it should be less of a hurricane by then).

Take care everyone and be safe.

Amen to the prayers to all PaHunter. Irma is quite the storm with the potential to do a lot of damage to the lower portion of the Florida peninsula.
And, unfortunately, your trip from PA is going to be a wet one :oops:

This mornings 5 day outlook from the National Hurricane Center and now they have given it that Northerly turn that we've been dreading. Maximum sustained winds are still at 185mph.
145453_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Last edited:
We have reservations starting Friday. If we are forced to evacuate the Fort where do we go if we have dogs?

Would they even let you into FW on Friday??? I do not know and I do not want to make any unnecessary stress but I hope you have plan B..C...D

Would they even let you into FW on Friday??? I do not know and I do not want to make any unnecessary stress but I hope you have plan B..C...D
Trying to find out but can't get through. I would think if they are not going to let you in that they would email or send some type of a notice.

Today is Wednesday.... they better get going on it then... My fear would be to get to Florida and then have them turn you away...Be safe... keep us posted on what happens to you...

Wed 11:00 am update has most models off to the east, we are just keeping our finger crossed that she keeps moving east. I live dead center of the state, so even if she skirts the state on the East we will still feel her presence because of her size. Keep on trucking east Irma!!!
models_storm1 (1).jpg
trackmap_storm1.jpg

Wed 11:00 am update has most models off to the east, we are just keeping our finger crossed that she keeps moving east. I live dead center of the state, so even if she skirts the state on the East we will still feel her presence because of her size. Keep on trucking east Irma!!!
View attachment 267612
View attachment 267613
My parents are above Clearwater, they are headed north today. Can't even fathom the traffic on 75 right now. Even with most models showing not going east, it's still likely to effect the whole state as wide as it is.
Stay safe Florida peeps

Yes. What would happen with them? I'm guessing they can't go in a room so I'm not leaving them and will have to make some plans
Just talked to guest services at the Fort. She said that if there was an evacuation Disney would make accomadations for you and your pets because they knew you were staying in a pet loop. That made me feel a lot better.

Just talked to guest services at the Fort. She said that if there was an evacuation Disney would make accomadations for you and your pets because they knew you were staying in a pet loop. That made me feel a lot better.
Great!! Thank you for that news!!

Atlanta Motor Speedway offers free camping, RV parking for hurricane evacuees
By Jerry BonkowskiSep 6, 2017, 12:16 PM EDT

Atlanta Motor Speedway announced Wednesday it will open its camping and RV facilities on Thursday for Hurricane Irma evacuees.

There will be no charge for evacuees, including those from Florida and along the Gulf Coast, seeking temporary refuge from the approaching hurricane.

The camping areas allow evacuees to park their vehicles or to pitch tents. Also, the Rinnai Shower Station camper bath house will allow evacuees free access to hot showers and restroom facilities.

Evacuees should enter the AMS property at Entrance “E” off Georgia Highway 19/41. The Unreserved Campgrounds will be on the left.

Those with campers and RVs should follow Lower Woolsey road to Entrance “H” by the Speedway Credential Building. Turn onto and stay on Richard Petty Boulevard and then turn left into Entrance “G.” The campgrounds are on the right hand side.

AMS is about 25 miles south of Atlanta on Georgia Highway 19/41 and about eight miles west of Interstate 75 off Georgia Highway 20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter