Merged Irma impact on The Fort threads here

Very disappointed in Disney's lack of communication with the only guests that would have to be evacuated. If the above post about the way they treated guests at the Fort during hurricaine Matthew is true then I am afraid to risk it. Will be cancelling reservation. Would have been willing to make a reservaion at a hotel but can't because of dogs.

Received notice a couple hours ago delivered by CM, "......We will continue to monitor as we determine whether Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground might close in preparation for the storm. If you have questions, please contact us by calling 407-824-2727 from an outside line. Sincerely, John Stafford"

There ya go.

Figured it was still just too uncertain as of yet to issue the evacuation but I got a good hunch it's gonna happen.

We are being put up in the Art of Animation but must go there tomorrow and park the RV there
Someone on here last year with hurricane Matthew had the same option. They went to one of the Values and stayed there. Camper was in the parking lot at the Value instead of at the Fort with all the trees. It worked out well.

j

Someone on here last year with hurricane Matthew had the same option. They went to one of the Values and stayed there. Camper was in the parking lot at the Value instead of at the Fort with all the trees. It worked out well.

j
Now we are waiting to see what we can do with the dogs!

Yep. It's the European model that was hinting at that slightly more westerly path. This is very bad news.215356_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

We are in Miami and are almost ready, as much as we can be, for the storm. I admit I'm scared. We've tied the popup down and are hoping for the best - I figure I can move in there after the storm if I can plug in the ac to someone's generator. The idea of no ac with the awful, humid temps we've been having is enough to trigger Hurricane Andrew ptsd. My kids are all gung ho - as I was as a carefree student when Andrew came through- and I hope it's not too traumatic. Ugh. I'm stressed.

Yep. It's the European model that was hinting at that slightly more westerly path. This is very bad news.

Yep tiggerdad, it is the European model that is showing the more westerly track ... if it goes even more westerly, I will have to go into "Hurricane Preparation" mode myself since I live in the Florida Panhandle near Ft. Walton Beach. Here's the European Model prediction:

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/cgi-bin/ecmw...90712&field=Sea+Level+Pressure&hour=Animation

Last edited:
I live in the Florida Panhandle near Ft. Walton Beach.

My parents live in Shalimar, about 1.5 mi. from the main entrance to Eglin AFB. Talked with them yesterday and they are staying put.

Everyone in Florida and in the path of Irma stay safe.

Heading home to Cape Haze Peninsula-Boca Grande area after Big Brother. Charley now Irma, oh well.

We are in Miami and are almost ready, as much as we can be, for the storm. I admit I'm scared. We've tied the popup down and are hoping for the best - I figure I can move in there after the storm if I can plug in the ac to someone's generator. The idea of no ac with the awful, humid temps we've been having is enough to trigger Hurricane Andrew ptsd. My kids are all gung ho - as I was as a carefree student when Andrew came through- and I hope it's not too traumatic. Ugh. I'm stressed.

Good luck Allie to you and your family. My family will say a special prayer for you.

Bama Ed

They are predicting Irma to be worse, possibly much worse than Andrew. Everyone I've seen on television and read have said this will "dwarf" Andrew. Be safe and keep us UTD on your situation and let us know you and your family are okay. Like Ed, you have my prayers as does everyone in this thing's path.

Up here in Minnesota we are watching and praying- please stay safe and update us as you can

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter