Mickey says we CAN SHARE!!!!

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
Alright! I was confused by all the conflicting information out there, so I decided to ask for it in writing straight from the Mouse. (Well, not really Mickey...) So, here's what I wrote:

"I was wondering if sharing was allowed on the Disney Dining Plan. Is it possible to use 1 table service credit and split it between two people? Or use 2 table service credits at a signature restaurant and split the meal between two people?

If not, can one person use the table credit, and the other person just order one single entree and pay for it out of pocket?

Thank you for the clarification. We are interested in the Dining Plan, but an appetizer, entree and dessert for EACH person may be TOO much food!"

And, here's what I got back today:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

On your actual reservation you would need to have the dining plan for each person listed. When you go to the restaurant you can split a meal if you choose, or just order one single entree and pay for it out of pocket. It would be the same as if someone was joining you but they were not on the
dining plan.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

(Name Deleted)"

And there it is... I might frame it and bring it with me!! :rotfl:

wow - that sure ends a lot of debates!!

I would absolutely take a copy of it with you and if someone gives you a hard time- I would pull that out and show the server!!

Just remember that you can't share at buffets, meals that serve all you care to eat (all the character meals), dinner shows and dinner packages such as the FDP.

Thanks Wazzo, for checking!

Given the markup on alcohol, I can assure Disney that it is in their best interest for us to share the credits. Between our bar bill and the extra entree we'll order, Disney will gain in riches and I will gain in inches!

we never had any problems sharing, but it seems like sometimes when people have problems it's because the cm's don't know themselves! If I were you, I'd take that letter w/you just in case.

the DDP will still be translated differently by many servers and/or managers in the future. Will the response (printed & laminated, of course) be enough "proof" for the restaraunt management to accept and allow sharing?

You beat me to it Wazzo because I wrote in as well. I just have not heard back yet!

Here is to hoping that this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

WDWO

Wazzo said:
On your actual reservation you would need to have the dining plan for each person listed. When you go to the restaurant you can split a meal if you choose, or just order one single entree and pay for it out of pocket. It would be the same as if someone was joining you but they were not on the
dining plan.
So this tells me you cannot treat a none DDP person to a meal using your plan.

FYI, LTT used to charge an "entertainment fee" of $5, if anyone in the party wasn't eating @ the charactar dinner...wonder if they still do.

BTW, beware of ordering OOP when using any TS DP credits. The servers will automatically add on 18% to even an beer or ice cream float w/light cube...bit tip grabby IMO. Wound up paying between $7 - $10 extra for that option.

I sent an e-mail about my concerns with not being able to share and if I have 5 people and only 4 order will I be charged 5 TS credits? (It was longer than that but that is the jist of it.)

Here was my response:

Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Please know table service meal credits for non buffets and non character meals are based upon meals ordered.

We look forward to your next visit.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all
correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Name omitted

WDW Online Communications

I added the bolding and omitted the name but other than that this is what I got word for word.

WDWO

This makes me feel a lot better about letting our kids use appetizers as their entrees at some of the restaurants we have ADR's at. (They are on the dining plan as adults due to their ages, but don't like the entree selections at some of the more "exotic" locations.)

keishashadow said:
FYI, LTT used to charge an "entertainment fee" of $5, if anyone in the party wasn't eating @ the charactar dinner...wonder if they still do.

BTW, beware of ordering OOP when using any TS DP credits. The servers will automatically add on 18% to even an beer or ice cream float w/light cube...bit tip grabby IMO. Wound up paying between $7 - $10 extra for that option.

Not sure what you meant. They charged 18% for the additional items? If so, that sounds right to me. Extra service requires at least 18% in my book.

Thanks for sharing that wdwobsessed/Alycia!

I feel SO much better about it now, especially since we both got the same answer!

Yeah!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Thanks so much Wazzo and wdwobsessed. You've made me feel so much better about our October plans! BTW, what address did you send your questions too? I'd love to have my own response to bring with me.

Thanks again!

I went through the contact us link on the website.

I think it is guest.mail@wdw

WDWO

pplasky said:
Not sure what you meant. They charged 18% for the additional items? If so, that sounds right to me. Extra service requires at least 18% in my book.

Usually people tip around 20%....... what was unusual for the poster was that the tip was automatically added in. That is not standard at WDW unless the party size is large so it would have surprised me too that the OOP portion automatically included a tip. I'm fine with it but glad to know to look out for it.

as Disney doesn't usually use that term; it is "Advanced Dining Reservation."

I believe the reservation to which this refers is the resort reservation. I believe we can all agree that we know and understand that the dining plan must be purchased for all parties/people on a resort ressie...??? (This may be one of the only things to which we can all agree these days).

Originally Posted by Wazzo
dining plan.

Originally posted by mickeyfan2
So this tells me you cannot treat a none DDP person to a meal using your plan.

I am so glad that you folks got the clarification you were looking for. Have a great trip and the most pleasant dining experiences! :) :) :)

ReallyFunMom said:
Usually people tip around 20%....... what was unusual for the poster was that the tip was automatically added in. That is not standard at WDW unless the party size is large so it would have surprised me too that the OOP portion automatically included a tip. I'm fine with it but glad to know to look out for it.
Exactly! We usually add to the gratuity when on the DP, especially for good service but, when the "automatic" tip on the meal is 18%, the automatic tip on a glass of sangria is prohibitive. I'm not cheap...however, IMO $9 TOTAL is a mite steep for 1 wine glass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter