Minnie Marathon 2007 -- WISH Roster (see post 1 for WISH Meets Info!)

Kimberly - Don't stress about not being prepared. The 5K at the Minnie last year was my first race ever. I started training in February, then had horrible shin splints for the entire month of April and only ran a couple of times. I still finished way ahead of what I expected - the adrenaline will do wonderful things!

Angie - Hope you get some rest. You have so much to be proud of!

Cam - Hang in there. I know how those anniversary times are, but you'll be with all your WISH friends in just a few hours!

Good luck everyone! I'll be there in spirit - I think I may do my LR on Sunday morning so I can pretend I'm running with you guys!

Jackie

Would you believe I was just sitting here minding my own business watching American Idol when I discovered I have a stomach virus (or reaction to the smoke in the air)? I'll spare you the details, but it's not pretty. I'm praying it will pass quickly and the rest of my family won't catch it. WTH!?

On the bright side, they cancelled school for DD for something like the 10th day out of the last 3 weeks so we don't have to get up early and she can doctor me. I really couldn't face a final now!! Good luck, Angie!

Oh, here's another bright thought- I'm not going to have any wait at all for the group WISH picture. Looks like I've gone from a goal of about 10:30 miles to just getting in before the sweepers! Y'all will be all lined up for your picture, and then see my neon green shirt on the horizon. :rotfl2: Going to be a memorable race in so many ways!

Jen in GA

Hey all! It won't be long now!

Angie, I know it is impossible, but do what you can to get some rest. You are almost there. You'll do fine. You've done it! Really!

I'm sorry I am asking this late. Have we picked anywhere to try to meet up pre-race? I know for marathon and half we did try.

I'm too excited to sleep!!:cool1: You'd think that I've never been to WDW before and never raced before--I'm so excited about the Minnie. So looking forward to meeting all ya'll this weekend--I feel like I know everyone, but have never really met!

Lily--I'm sure you'll find me pre-race in the potty line! Especially if I can find a way to get some coffee!;) Cam, are you reading????;)

Cam, Angie, and Jen--please take it easy and get well! We need all tosee your smiling faces this weekend!!

Jackie and Colleen--we'll miss you!

Anyone joining me in some taper madness??????:dance3: :dance3:

I'm too excited to sleep!!:cool1: You'd think that I've never been to WDW before and never raced before--I'm so excited about the Minnie. So looking forward to meeting all ya'll this weekend--I feel like I know everyone, but have never really met!

Anyone joining me in some taper madness?????? :dance3: :dance3:
Ooohh me, me! I'll take some!
:dance3: :dance3:

must get to sleep...

Angie - Anyway, Abreva works wonders with us, especially when we catch it early. :hug:

Angie...I second that...it is kinda expensive, but it works AWESOME!!!!! It is like $15.00 for a teeny tiny tube, but you just need a dab and I put it on like every half hour or so...it really works!!!! oh an no I don't work for abreva:rotfl2:

Thank you so much everyone for the advice (yes I'm still awake!!) I am sad :sad2: to say that I have actually tried abreva several times and it did not work for me - but - I did not put it on every 1/2 hour, I will have to try that. Of course at this point my lips feels like someone punched me in the mouth. So I may have to let this one work it's course and suck it up!!

So I just found out (cause I am not planning very well this trip) that FAntasmic does not even start Sunday night till 9 ( we are doing dinner package at Mama Melrose yum!!! :cool1: ) So someone out there please tell me you will still be at JR by the time we get there :confused3

Feeling a little better, laid on the couch like a vegetable tonight, ( dishes are piling up, DH is off putting out fires - can't help)

Jen speaking of fires - I am so sorry about what is going on up there I can not even imagine what it must be like, it has everyone at Bobby's station wanting to come up there and do SOMETHING to help, but they know there is nothing they can do :sad1:

OK, so about the packing thing, will be packing Thursday night - late to leave Friday morning, so I understand that dilemma, but I feel like Stephanie -- It's DISNEY WORLD There is nothing stressful about planning a trip to the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!! And the most fun to race at. :banana: :banana:

One last thing: LILY Better late than never HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! We have only been married 12 1/2 years and I have to say that you have my utmost respect and admiration, it's so inspiring to hear of success stories with all of the horrible statistics out there, and unfortunately a lot of our friends have become those statistics. So again, thanks for the inspiration!!:hug:

OK will try to rest now!!

angie

Hang in there Angie - my husband is in his finals week too so I totally understand your stress! Once you get past your last test I think you'll feel a million times better.

I had my last day of work yesterday, and am off to my conference at Coronado Springs! It's funny, because being a local means I miss out on all of the packing and going to the airport excitement, but we ARE staying at All Star Saturday night and I am trying so hard not to pack yet!

Have to go to Track Shack (our local running store) tomorrow on the way home from CS and get some GU I think. I took the sport beans with me yesterday on a short run and I didn't really like them. I didn't have water with me, which was my first mistake, so they made me really thirsty.....and I couldn't chew and breathe at the same time! :rotfl2: No wonder that guy and the dog were staring at me.....

Good luck with the last little bits of training everyone!

I WISHers!! I am still not sure if I am going to be able to come or not. DH had his feeding tube put in last Friday & recovery from that does not seem to be going well. He is in a ton on pain & doesnt seem to be improving. Hopefully he will turn the corner today. If he doesnt get a bunch better, I cant leave him here, even with my dad helping with the kids. Ugh, this was supposed to be the easy part of his stuff!!! And I have not 1 run done in the last 2 weeks. I'm going to try to get out this a.m. so I can at least try out my new shorts.

Angie-While I certainly dont envy you having to take a final, I know you can do it! Just think of it as the last mile of the marathon. You are almost done, you can just taste that medal (or diploma) there is no stopping now! I'm sure the fever blister was brought on by stress, I hope you get to feeling better:wizard:

Kimberly-I hope you are coming to the EoS meet so I can meet the other Huntsvillian in our group! Assuming I go, I fly out Friday a.m. on the 6:40 flight. What time is your flight? Maybe we'll be meeting at the airtport:coffee:
You will do fine on your race, they are right about race day excitement getting to your:thumbsup2

Cam-get better sweetie!!

Jen-Good luck getting better & hoping those fires are out soon. I would not sweat taking my 1st grader out of school for a day or 2. Even if they are doing testing, they will have makeup days for the tests because there is no way they will 100% attendance no matter when they have it.

Kristi-that looks like my schedule of things to do before I leave! Except I showed up at my hair appt yesterday a.m. & guess what, it wasnt until today:eek: luckily its near my house & was no big deal, just ran errand with my icky hair in a pony tail.

Assuming I'm still upright & dont pull a JUDY:lmao: I will be there at the end for the WISH photo:thumbsup2

Assuming I'm still upright & dont pull a JUDY:lmao: I will be there at the end for the WISH photo:thumbsup2
I am so happy to see you joking around during this tough time!
I hope you can make it this weekend, but we all understand if you can't.
More :hug: for you & Rick!

Tiff--many prayers and PD coming your way!:hug: Keep us updated

Today will be an easy 3 miler while DD is at gymnastics. Just trying to keep loose. then it's off to Target to buy my "safe for flight" liquids and trying to find some shorts to match my WISH shirt--it's all about the fashion right??? Okay, better get the troops moving this am. The kids were terrors yesterday, so I'm SO ready to leave on Friday. At least DD doesn't know we're goin' to visit the mouse, so she's excited to spend time with the grandparents. Happy Tapering all!!:banana:

Angie - I have been known to stay at JRs for hours. And the Cam/Judy/Carrie, etc. group is not arriving until after 10pm (I think). I still plan on arriving around 8pm - hopefully I won't be alone though!

Tiff - Extra prayers coming your way!!!! :grouphug:

Angie - Kristi's right. There are at leasy 9 of us not coming until 10-ish.

Stephanie - Black is your best bet with teh shirts. I think Lily's doing camo, though, and I'll be wearing my raacing stripes! :laughing:

Safe travels everyone!! I know I missed a couple already, but hoping al lmy Minnie friends get here safely! Special WISHes for Tiff to get there adn not have to worry about dh!:wizard:

Carrie--RAcing stripes??? As in Zebra butt?????:lmao: Yeah, I'm on the lookout for some black shorts--I do have some, but they are on the ultra-short side and not terribly comfortable--that's what I get for buying the super-clearanced ones. Seems there was a reason, they were so cheap:rolleyes:

Angie--we won't be heading over to JR until after Illuminations--so after 9 as well.

Good morning Wishers!! I cannot believe I leave tomorrow! I need to finish packing and get my house clean. :rolleyes:

To everyone who is not feeling well, I hope you get better soon! I have been taking airborne for the last week and a half because everyone around me seems to be sick :eek: I hope I can fend it off for a few more days.

Ok, I made my WISH shirt. What do you think???

wish001.jpg

Becky

Becky-Love the shirt! Great job.:thumbsup2

Angie- Good luck with your last 2 finals. You can do it! You are almost done. :banana: Sending :wizard: that you get well soon.

Tiff- I am so sorry to hear that Rick is having a rough time. We will understand if you can't make it, but we will miss you. :wizard: for you and your family during this tough time.

Kristi- Another GGD show?! :eek:

I'll join in the taper madness. :dance3:

Anyone joining me in some taper madness??????:dance3: :dance3:

If by taper madness, you mean:

checking the Events board every few minutes to see if anyone has said anything else about the Minnie (or anything else) just in case you might need to know it for your first race? :rotfl:

Or feeling every twinge and wondering if it's going to bother you for the Minnie?

Or packing & repacking your carry on to make sure you have every little thing you need for the race?

Or freaking out wondering if the heat & humidity is going to make you a DNF for your first event?

Yep, I got it too! :)

Have a safe trip everyone! I'll probably be too shy :blush: to introduce myself at the race, but I'll be wishing you all luck. If two brown-haired girls wearing sequined Minnie ears wave at you, that'll be me and my friend! :wave2:

Tiff - Sorry to hear about a rough start to dh's treatment. Hope he gets feeling better quickly. No, I won't be at the WISH events this time. This is the first time in 11 years that we have gone on an adults only trip, so dh and I are trying to make the most of the weekend. ;) Hope everyone understands.

Got the suitcases out. Gotta start packing. :cool1:

Stephanie - :rolleyes1

Jennifer - PLEASE introduce yourself! We all had to have a "first meeting". Heck, I met Christa, SUnny, Melissa, Steve and Helen on the course. I screamed at Cam while cheering on Main Street. I know you won't regret it if you come up to one of us. I'll keep an eye out for teh sparkly ears, though.

hoosJen - Martha and I are "trying" for 10:30s (if my leg holds out adn if the heat doesn't get us). We'll both be sporting WISH tanks. I'll have a 26.2 and still smiling white hat on.

Pre-Race Meet. I think we were just going to find each other at the start. I don't know what it'll look like, though. ANy specific ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter