Minnie Marathon 2007 -- WISH Roster (see post 1 for WISH Meets Info!)

Katie - YES!!! Please join us at JRs!
I plan on being there sometime around 8-8:30.

Tiffany - I am so sorry you & Rick are going through any of this, let alone complications from the feeding tube. You are absolutely right though - there will be other races. And the Minnie will be there next year too. Take care you guys! pixiedust: :hug:

It's official. I wont be coming down for the Minnie. DH was admitted to the hospital today for complications with the feeding tube. We still dont know exactly what is going on. They did a CAT scan so the Dr. could check it out but because it was so late they arent doing anything tonight. DH is hooked up to IV pain meds & is VERY LOOPY & INCOHERENT:dance3: I just got home to a very lonely empty house. My best friend has my kids & is going to take them to school in the a.m.

I am so sorry I am going to miss seeing all you guys & getting that really cool Minnie medal but there is no way I can leave DH, even if he gets better at this point. There will be other races.

Have fun guys & drink a LI tea for me

MANY MANY PRAYERS ANDpixiedust: :grouphug: :grouphug: FOR YOU!!!

angie

KATIE Double YES, join us at JR!!

OK I am feeling much better other than the horrible thing on my lip. Have not run the last 3 days, but will go out for an easy one tonight, just to loosen up.

:woohoo: LAST FINAL EXAM TODAY!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

24 hours from now, I will be finishing up last minute packing and out the door to DISNEY WORLD.!!!!!!

Safe travels everyone
angie

ps -- finally found the perfect outfit to wear to graduation yesterday, nothing like waiting till the last minute. If I was just doing the cap and gown thing it would not be that big of a deal, but we also have this ring ceremony thing in the morning, where you get inducted into the Order of the Engineer, anyway - gotta have just the right outfit :rotfl:

Tiff--Many prayers your way!:hug: You'll be in our thoughts on Sunday! :hug:

Morning all. Super jealous of all of you that get to leave for WDW early. I won't be leaving until 5pm tomorrow--can't complain too much, I am getting to go to WDW!:banana:

Have running clinic tonight--but they know that I'm going to be taking it easy--those ladies will really push me if I'm not careful

ANgie--good luck on your last final!!!:yay:

Tiff, so so sorry about your DH :hug: We will miss you!

I am leaving for the airport in about 2 hours! I hope I remembered everything. But mostly I hope my 1 year old is good on the plane :rolleyes: I will look for all the lime green at the races. I am wearing my homemade WISH shirt to the 15k, but I think I am going to wear a hot pink mickey tank to the 5k.

Happy travels all!!

Becky

Hi friends! Sorry I have been MIA. I was in California with DH for a business meeting. I did run while there, but boy do I feel off! I'm in shock that I'm supposed to leave tomorrow early when I just got back last night!

I'm on my way to read and catch up. From the first page I gather Tiff is having troubles. :hug: I'm so sorry. I was really hoping you'd be able to make the race and have a short get away before the rough stuff. Please take care of your DH and know we'll pray for him (and you).

I'm so looking forward to meeting everyone and having a fun run.:thumbsup2 Safe travels to those who go today!

Tiffany -- We will miss you and I am keeping you and Rick in my prayers. Sending you a huge :hug: sweetie.

Hi all,

Sending this from DIA trying to kill a 2 1/2 hr layover. 6 more hrs and will be at MCO:cool1:

Look forward to seeing all of you at the 5K & 15K and of course JR:banana:

If anyone is staying at BWV and is doing the 5K, we would be glad to share a cab to the race. PM me if you can help:)

Have a safe travel day and see you soon!

Hi all,

Sending this from DIA trying to kill a 2 1/2 hr layover. 6 more hrs and will be at MCO:cool1:

Look forward to seeing all of you at the 5K & 15K and of course JR:banana:

If anyone is staying at BWV and is doing the 5K, we would be glad to share a cab to the race. PM me if you can help:)

Have a safe travel day and see you soon!

You're at DIA?! That's where I'm going in a few hours! WOW!

It's going to be a race to see who gets to MCO first!

My flight leaves here at 1:30 MST and gets to MCO at 6:58 EST via Ted. How about you?

Just got back from a 2 hour ride on the Gainesville-Hawthorne trail, an awesome place for a "quick" 34 miler if you're on the way down to Orlando! ;) Tree lined, some fun curves and little whoopdedoo hills, and most importantly no cars! Was pretty deserted on a Thurs afternoon...

Tomorrow I'll get in a swim and rest my legs (I brought the pool tether for the hotel pool, how much of a nerd am I?), then the 5k Sat along with potentially a 3 hour ride, then the 15k Sun! Might do the 3 hour ride after the 15k, or even on Monday I haven't decided...

See you all down there in bright green!

Hi everybody,

I don't know if any of you remember me. I started posting right after you all got back from WDW Marathon weekend back in Jan. I got all wrapped up in the excitement, and I wasn't even there. Anyway, I started wogging, and found all the support and encouragement from this group to be phenomenal. Then I went and got a job (at the happiest place on Earth) and while I love working there, it threw a wrench in my training plans. I was still trying to get as much walking/jogging in as possible, but I wasn't seeing nearly the improvement I was hoping to see. However, I decided to go ahead and sign up for the Minnie 5K anyway. Then last month, life happened. We were just super busy and everyone got sick, etc. I'm sure many (if not all of you) know what I'm talking about, but I went for almost 2 weeks without doing anything. :scared1: I am still quite slow and no where near the pace, and almost decided not to go. It is Disney though, and any excuse I have to go works for me. Anyway, we will be staying for only 1 night at Ft. Wilderness. Dh doesn't want to go into the parks, so I thought this would be a good option for him and the girls, and I will also miss all the meets. So, basically, this is just a long-winded way of saying that woman with the WISH shirt on that nobody knows (or has even heard of) is me. :wave2:

I have no idea how I'll do. I did a 5K last weekend, and it took just over 50 minutes. Well below the Minnie pace. It was over our causeway (twice), so big hills, and I know that slowed me down some. I don't think I can cut 5 minutes off though. I guess we'll find out. If I don't get swept, that is.

Good luck to all. I'm bummed I won't be able to stay and cheer on Sunday and also that I will miss all the meets that are planned. I really want to stick with this though, and do the 1/2 in Jan. Hopefully, with summer almost here, I'll have more time to get online nad get to know all of you, too.

Tiff, sending prayers your way. I am sorry about all that is happening. Do the best you can and try to take care of you somehow. :hug:

Eva, at least you are going to give it a try. Sorry that life got in the way for your training. Do what you can to continue onward.

Angie, glad you are in the ending phase now. Enjoy all that you can this weekend.

See everyone there this weekend! I'm packed, and ready to roll!
:dance3: :dance3:

Ugh--I'm going stir crazy here!!! I'missed my workout today--DH forgot to come home early to watch the kiddos. Oh well, gonna get a small workout tomorrow morning andthen head to the airport. Bags are packed and I"jm ready to go!!:cool1:

Good luck all of you! Have fun and say hi to minnie for me

Tiffany: sending prayers and hugs to you, your husband and family:grouphug:

HELLO

:cool1: I'M DONE!!!!!:cool1: (the last one was brutal, but it's over

Did an easy 3 miles tonight and will do a few early in the morning before we leave for Typhoon Lagoon. We might just go straight from there to the Expo, so if a you see a family walking around the expo in their bathingsuits, t-shirts and flip-flops that 's us!! :rotfl:

Happy Travels everyone.

Hi all,

We walked by JR's last night. I won't be able to meet you at JR's as they allow smoking inside(they call it a cigar bar to get to around the no smoking laws in FL) and it really bothers my asthma. Just an FYI for all others. The cover is $10 also.

I will try to make EOS instead.

Have fun all:)

Going to try to navigate out of smoky South Georgia-- on our way!!

Angie- if you see this, I sent you a PM- don't worry about respoding. 4:30 lobby Sunday- that's the plan, right?!

I probably won't be checking in again until after Sunday.

Good luck everyone!

Jen in GA

Tiff - I am so sorry that your dh is having such a hard time. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter