Minnie Marathon 2007 -- WISH Roster (see post 1 for WISH Meets Info!)

Tiff - Oh no, prayer and :wizard: for your dad. And please, no "pulling a Judy". I too hope you can make it but certainly understand if you don't come.

Ha ha ha! Stephanie said "zebra butt"! :rotfl:

OK everyone, this is it for me. :wave: I'll see you all in a couple of days! Safe flights and drives!

Yay! I'm going to Disney World!

Lily--I'm sure you'll find me pre-race in the potty line! Especially if I can find a way to get some coffee!;) Cam, are you reading????;)

Cam, Angie, and Jen--please take it easy and get well! We need all tosee your smiling faces this weekend!!

Thanks for the good wishes, Stephanie! And my offer to bring coffee to the start in a takeout cup still stands. Just let me know soon! I'll be making hazelnut flavored coffee that morning! :goodvibes

So I just found out (cause I am not planning very well this trip) that FAntasmic does not even start Sunday night till 9 ( we are doing dinner package at Mama Melrose yum!!! :cool1: ) So someone out there please tell me you will still be at JR by the time we get there :confused3
Angie -- As everyone else has said, many of us will be arriving after 10. Hoping our WISH Minnie buddies are still standing (or sitting) by then! ;) Save us some Long Island Iced Teas, okay?

Tiffany - You and DH remain in my prayers. I hope that each passing hour sees him improving physically and spiritually. I know this is so difficult for your entire family. Sending :hug: and pixiedust: to all of you.
Becky -- AWESOME shirt!!! :thumbsup2

If by taper madness, you mean:

checking the Events board every few minutes to see if anyone has said anything else about the Minnie (or anything else) just in case you might need to know it for your first race? :rotfl:

Or feeling every twinge and wondering if it's going to bother you for the Minnie?

Or packing & repacking your carry on to make sure you have every little thing you need for the race?

Or freaking out wondering if the heat & humidity is going to make you a DNF for your first event?

Yep, I got it too! :)

OMG! You have it down pat!! Don't worry, though, you are not alone!

Have a safe trip everyone! I'll probably be too shy :blush: to introduce myself at the race, but I'll be wishing you all luck. If two brown-haired girls wearing sequined Minnie ears wave at you, that'll be me and my friend! :wave2:

Jennifer -- PLEASE come up to any of us in a WISH shirt and introduce yourself! We are not a scary bunch, I promise! And you will be surprised at how much being around WISHers adds to the whole experience! My happiest moments at these race events all revolve around WISHers! :grouphug:

Kristi -- DO NOT wear yourself out before this trip! You have been working too hard and sleeping too little. Have a great trip down and we'll see you on Saturday! :hug:

I am around through tomorrow, leaving for the airport at ~6:20 a.m. Friday.

So do you guys really wear your medals to the parks? Aren't you afraid that you will lose them? What do you do during the roller coasters?

Kimberly - rotfl! If the medals are close to teh same weight as teh Mickeys, you'll know if you lose it. I just put my medal under teh strap or harness on big rides. Some, I will hold it down. I rode with anothe rmarathoner on RnRC and we both just put them under teh harness. I wear tehm for the whole week after marathon.

Becky - Forgot to say how cool your shirt is!

So do you guys really wear your medals to the parks? Aren't you afraid that you will lose them? What do you do during the roller coasters?

Wearing my medal to the parks after the 1/2 marathon was one of the highlights! I had such a good time accepting (and offering) congratulations and talking to the cast members about the race. The medal was pretty hefty - I would have noticed if it fell off. Didn't have any problems on the rollercoasters. :sunny:

Okay ladies, I'm in the shopping mode of taper madness. Much to my surprise and delight, Target is now carrying running skirts!!:cool1: And I was looking for black bottoms to go with my WISH shirt, so I had to buy one. And then so DH didn't feel left out--I bought him some shorts as well. I also bought all my small liquid items, so now I gotta make sure I can fit all I need into the quart zipper bag! If not, DH might be carrying on some makeup in his as well!

Hey, does anyone out there use ClifShot Bloks and need any for Sunday?? I've switched to HammerGel and have an unopened package of strawberry flavored bloks left over from my marathon. Let me know if you want them, I'll bring them to EoS sat. night. Oh, just noticed I also have a vanilla CarBoom up for grabs as well!

OK, if anyone wants to see the hourly weather forecast:

Hourly Weather Forecast

It looks like 69 to 73 degrees from start to finish and 62% humidity. It should eb better than marathon weekend!

Heck, the week after the full unless I was in the shower or asleep that Mickey was around my neck!! It really was a lot of fun waving congratulations to other runners/walkers with their medals in the parks. My only concern with Minnie is that it seems like alot of folks are just coming in for a long weekend, but I will be (hopefully) proudly wearing Minnie all week long!

A little warmer than I would have liked but I will take it over the rain they were saying a few days ago!!

You live in FL. Just think how badly us northern folk are stressing! :rotfl:

Kimberly,

The lanyards for Marathon Weekend have velcro on the back of the neck so I added a safety pin to mine in January2007 so I didn't have to worry about it giving out otherwise I wore it all week. Susan did have a velcro issue in Jan2006 hence the safety pin. I'm not sure if hers would have fallen but she just left hers in the room, I still wore mine that entire week and no problems.

If your worried add a safety pin to at the back and WEAR it proudly!!!! Make sure to get character photos with it too afterwards.

Have fun and All the best!!!! :cheer2:

You live in FL. Just think how badly us northern folk are stressing! :rotfl:

Yes, but maybe you have all forgotten (or never experienced) how hot it is:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Since I have been training in it I totally know how awful the heat can be:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

If we could just get the humidity to drop a bit more it would be just about perfect (or as perfect as you could expect in May in Florida!!)

I'm packed! Now I have to unpack a bunch. Too much as I usually do the first round.

Safe travels. It will be such a great time to get to meet our WISH Team members. I can't wait.

Thanks, for the weather report. It will help as I unpack. princess:

OH, and I will see you at Jellyrolls too! I'll be celebrating with my bling making sure the team is having a happy time!

This is my last post....I will be leaving in the morning...why am I not in bed???? I am so excited but I have to get up at 4:00am to get to the airport by 5:30am...omg I cannot wait I hope everyone has a safe trip weather flying or driving, and in less than 5 days we will be running(or walking or in my case crawling:lmao: ) the Minnie!!! See everyone in 3 days!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Safe travels for everyone!:thumbsup2 48hrs from now I'll be on a plane to Sarasota!:cool1:

Hi,
May I join you at JR? That is, if I have enough energy and am able to stay up late w/ a 7am flight the next day.
Katie:)

Hi,
May I join you at JR? That is, if I have enough energy and am able to stay up late w/ a 7am flight the next day.
Katie:)

I won't be at JR as we are leaving that night, but I am sure they wouldn't mind having you join them...WISH is a fun bunch!!!

I just wanted to tell you that I love your avatar!!!!!;)

So how many entrants did they allow in the events(5K and 15K)? I know the 5K is full...just wondering how many bodies will be on the course.

Well I'm in Gainesville, so close, and yet so far! We're here for DW's sis graduation from UF tomorrow, and making the trek down to Orlando on Friday. See you all there!

It's official. I wont be coming down for the Minnie. DH was admitted to the hospital today for complications with the feeding tube. We still dont know exactly what is going on. They did a CAT scan so the Dr. could check it out but because it was so late they arent doing anything tonight. DH is hooked up to IV pain meds & is VERY LOOPY & INCOHERENT:dance3: I just got home to a very lonely empty house. My best friend has my kids & is going to take them to school in the a.m.

I am so sorry I am going to miss seeing all you guys & getting that really cool Minnie medal but there is no way I can leave DH, even if he gets better at this point. There will be other races.

Have fun guys & drink a LI tea for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter