Missouri Disneyfans lend me your EARS

We live in St Charles now - we have thought about Imperial, Arnold area but I am unsure about it- I guess because aside from college I have always lived here I know it isn't far (maybe 30 min) BUT we would be switching everything, schools, teams, dance studio.... I don't know what to do. I don't know much about the area schools and stuff either so if you do that might be helpful! Thanks

Mehlville school district would be the furthest south you could be and still be in St. Louis county. Arnold would be Fox school district. (I'd be comfortable with either.) Most of Imperial is Windsor...it's much smaller and if I had to choose- I'd go with Fox rather than Windsor. JMO.

As far as sports go, the CYC has cornered the market for the most part. Soccer, Volleyball, basketball, softball/baseball..... find the nearest Catholic church to your new home and register for sports there. St. Joseph is in Imperial....good athletic association, great kids play for them. There's an Immaculate Conception in Arnold and St. David in Arnold.

My girls don't dance, but if you move to the Arnold area, I'll be happy to ask around and get the names of friends' studios.

Hi all, we live in Columbia and are leaving for my 7th trip next week! It will my son's 5th trip and we are celebrating his 5th birthday. I would love to go to DL since we have never been. My son loves Indiana Jones and I hear they have a pretty cool ride.

Hi everyone! Is so cool to see so many MO Disers. :thumbsup2 I cant believe I have not stumbled upon this thread before. We live in the Springfield area and go to Disney every year. This September we are dragging some family members from KC with us. Future Disers in the making, perhaps :rotfl:

We live in St Charles now - we have thought about Imperial, Arnold area but I am unsure about it- I guess because aside from college I have always lived here I know it isn't far (maybe 30 min) BUT we would be switching everything, schools, teams, dance studio.... I don't know what to do. I don't know much about the area schools and stuff either so if you do that might be helpful! Thanks

I live in the Festus area (don't make fun:lmao:) but I worked in Farmington for over 11 years and have lots of friends down there! I just recently got a job in South County which is closer for me! Farmington is really growing! The people who live there seem to LOVE living there, and I hear great things about the Farmington school system and their sports! They have a Catholic and Lutheran elementary school, but no private HS. My husband worked in Festus and all of our extended family is there, so I never wanted to move to Farmington even though I drove there every day. Plus I just preferred to be closer to StL.

We're planning our next Disney trip for January and are planning on taking some Newbies with us!! I can't wait to see Space Mtn refurbed!!

Which dance studio does your child dance at in St.Charles? We live in Wentzville. My DD9 goes to Performing Arts Centre on Main street.:goodvibes

We go to Center Stage Dance Academy off of 94 and Wolfrum rd. it is a small studio I don't think as serious as PAC but the girls like it and it isn't too expensive, and the costumes are usually reasonable too (1 recital yr usually at Wentzville Holt HS)

We had our previous recitals at Holt too! This year they decided to change it to the new theatre at Lindenwood. It's a nice place, but the ticket prices were outrageous!!! PAC is a large school- I like everything they do is age appropriate. She is on their competition team and you would not believe some of the dances and outfits of other schools.:scared1::scared1:

Hi! I am moving out to KC next year for college with my grandparents, they live in clay county--staley farms...I've been to Disney World 5 times, and I will hopefully be going next year for my senior trip! I'm moving to FL to do the DCP in 3 years!

Never seen this thread...guess I'm not in this part of the DISboard much.

Live in Lee's Summit and have adored WDW and Disney in general my entire life. Good to see other folks from Missouri (particularily the Kansas City area) share my same passion.

Go Mickey Go.

Ohh another Lee's Summit Diser.. I thought I was the only one! Whenever I talk about the boards people act like I have two heads, just like most of our families do.

Can't believe I haven't seen this board till tonight. I live in St Louis, was born in SE MO (Kennett) but lived most of my life here. This will be my first ever Disney trip going to Disney World.:cool1:

How exciting!! Your first trip to WDW!! You'll have to let all of us missouri fans know how your trip goes. Hope you have a magical time!!pixiedust:

spider0215 says:
Can't believe I haven't seen this board till tonight. I live in St Louis, was born in SE MO (Kennett) but lived most of my life here. This will be my first ever Disney trip going to Disney World

Congratulations. When are you going, for how long, where are you staying, and how will you get there? Enough questions!

Our first trip was in 1992 and it was off-site. We had a ball.
Scan3244.jpg

Have a magical trip.

down to 106 days trying to think of a fun countdown calendar for the girls- we have done a chain before- maybe a sticker chart or something??? any ideas out there

spider0215 says:

Congratulations. When are you going, for how long, where are you staying, and how will you get there? Enough questions!

Our first trip was in 1992 and it was off-site. We had a ball.
Scan3244.jpg

Have a magical trip.

I love older pics of the parks! So cute. :thumbsup2

Did anybody visit the "Christmas Carol" train tour in Kansas City yesterday? The train itself looked gorgeous. The displays inside weren't earth-shattering, but they gave a great overview of the movie and the cases holding the Charles Dickens memorabilia were impressive. And the 3D previews that they showed inside the inflatable theater were amazing. You can see some photos I took of the tour here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brian_wdw74/sets/72157622144582602

This has me laughing! When I saw this thread I was so exicted to see it - Missouri Disney lovers! When I went to page 1, I saw that I was the first person to reply just almost exactly a year ago! lol I was new on here then and I never saw the thread again and totally forgot about it! Anyway, since that first post I made, we've been to DW twice. Dec of '08, we stayed at CR and May '09 we did a split BC/Poly stay. We are headed back in December for another split stay between BWI/GF Club level (great club level discount). This is our 5th trip since Sept of '07 and we are still finding new things to try out each time. I still haven't been to DTD so maybe this trip we'll make it over there :cheer2::santa: I am glad the summer is coming to an end although this wasn't our typical MO summer, thank goodness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter