Awesome Info! Thanks so much!

I hope you were able to find what you're looking for. Be sure to scroll through the pages as I have posted additional links and news articles that may impact your trip! This is a small thread so grab a cup of coffee and enjoy!:flower1:

Would y'all mind critiquing my itinerary for MNSSHP? My date is 9/1 and I'm a total MNSSHP newbie so advice is appreciated! This party will just be two adults.

8:00am-2:00pm MK day
2:00-3:30 return to CBR to get dressed for party
3:15-3:30 Arrive @ MK (via resort bus)
4:15-4:35 Meet Ariel
4:30-6:00 any rides (whatever we can get FPs for)
6:00-7:30 Daisy/Donald (tag team for dinner while in line)
(check out Minnie's line after if it's not too long)
7:30-8:30 meet Belle & Gaston (Change from Eric/Ariel. We'll fit them in if time)
8:30-9:35 Get a pumpkin Mickey waffle (be still my heart) (we'll see if we need to tag team this while in line for Belle/Gaston. Line will ~hopefully~ not be terribly long)
9:45-10:30 Find a spot and watch HalloWishes (in front of Casey's if room)
10:30-11:30 Find a spot for and watch Boo to You (near Casey's as well)
Midnight: Hocus Pocus

**Added note: tag team when possible for photopass/trick or treat/etc

Last edited:
Would y'all mind critiquing my itinerary for MNSSHP? My date is 9/1 and I'm a total MNSSHP newbie so advice is appreciated! This party will just be two adults.

3:30 travel to MK (via resort bus)
4:00 arrive at MK, immediately visit Ariel (costume is Ariel related so this is a must and I'd prefer to get it before we get too hot and sweaty)
4:30-5:30 ride POTC and JC, standby
5:30-6:30 grab some food and be in line for Minnie & Daisy/Donald by 6:30
6:30-7:30 meet Minnie and Daisy/Donald
7:30-8:00 meet Goofy if line is reasonable
8:00-8:45 OPEN SPOT- thinking about riding some rides. Any characters I could fit in here or something else to catch that is party specific??
8:45-9:35 Find a spot for and watch Hocus Pocus
9:35-10:30 Find a spot for a watch Celebrate the Magic & HalloWishes
10:30-11:30 Find a spot for and watch Boo to You
11:30-end Last minute characters- thinking maybe Mickey? Who else has short lines near the end?

Okay so my main questions: Do I give myself enough time to find decent spots for the fireworks and shows? Having a prime spot is not my concern- just decent viewing and pictures.
Did I give myself enough time for the characters I specifically listed?
What do you recommend for filling in the blanks?
Do you think I have enough time to add anything else in?

Thanks BUNCHES!
Where are you planning on viewing the second parade? If the end of Main Street, you will have very little time for anything after the parade passes by that location, it will be nearly midnight by that time. Maybe you could sneak in meeting Mickey since you'd be right there.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the ducks and Minnie come out prior to seven? Unless you are saying you will get in line at 6:30 and be out by 7:30? That may be a stretch as well. I'd plan to be in line by six if you want to meet them at seven.

Where are you planning on viewing the second parade? If the end of Main Street, you will have very little time for anything after the parade passes by that location, it will be nearly midnight by that time. Maybe you could sneak in meeting Mickey since you'd be right there.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the ducks and Minnie come out prior to seven? Unless you are saying you will get in line at 6:30 and be out by 7:30? That may be a stretch as well. I'd plan to be in line by six if you want to meet them at seven.

@dolewhipdreams I would also suggest meeting Snow White in if your inclined @Cluelyss stated her wait was next to nothing and it was a great interaction.

Last edited:

4:00 arrive at MK, immediately visit Ariel (costume is Ariel related so this is a must and I'd prefer to get it before we get too hot and sweaty)
5:30-6:30 grab some food and be in line for Minnie & Daisy/Donald by 6:30
6:30-7:30 meet Minnie and Daisy/Donald
8:00-8:45 OPEN SPOT- thinking about riding some rides. Any characters I could fit in here or something else to catch that is party specific??
11:30-end Last minute characters- thinking maybe Mickey? Who else has short lines near the end?

Okay so my main questions: Do I give myself enough time to find decent spots for the fireworks and shows? Having a prime spot is not my concern- just decent viewing and pictures.

Thanks BUNCHES!
"Donald and Goofy met together, both Minnie and Daisy had their own line" - In 2016 it was Minnie first, Donald & Daisy met together and Goofy/Goofini met at the Barnstormer. It's on my Character List pdf.

At 5:30 I would split up. Have someone in your party get the food while you head to Minnie. Eat while waiting in line. That should change your timing which is good.
8:00-8:45 OPEN SPOT - Since you'll be by the Barnstormer you could meet up with Gaston & Village Belle or go shopping at the Big Top Souvenirs or get a magic shot like the Lantern.

While waiting in line for anything, I would send the rest of the party to BONUS Trick or Treat locations.

I don't have a specific spot in mind but probably somewhere on Main St. I should have enough time to at least get in one last line before they close things down, right?

As for the ducks and Minnie, yes my plan was to be in line at 6:30 to meet them at 7. Does their line get that popular that I need to be there an hour early?

@dolewhipdreams I would also suggest meeting Snow White in if your inclined @Cluelyss stated her wait was next to nothing and it was a great interaction.

Would you suggest her at the very very end or do you think her wait would be manageable during my 8pm open spot?

Great tips, guys. Thanks!

I don't have a specific spot in mind but probably somewhere on Main St. I should have enough time to at least get in one last line before they close things down, right?

As for the ducks and Minnie, yes my plan was to be in line at 6:30 to meet them at 7. Does their line get that popular that I need to be there an hour early?

Would you suggest her at the very very end or do you think her wait would be manageable during my 8pm open spot?

Great tips, guys. Thanks!

You'll be near the Barnstormer so you would have to book it to see her, no I would't do that. I would wait to meet her towards the end.
Please feel free to change your itinerary on the post you started like Bob & Betty. It makes it easier to manage and find. I'll keep looking at it too.

When it comes to Characters that start at 7pm you deffinately want to be in line at 6pm, not 6:30. If the party is sold out I highly recommend getting in line 5:30/5:45. You'll have to really watch the crowd level.

Last edited:
"Donald and Goofy met together, both Minnie and Daisy had their own line" - In 2016 it was Minnie first, Donald & Daisy met together and Goofy/Goofini met at the Barnstormer. It's on my Character List pdf.

At 5:30 I would split up. Have someone in your party get the food while you head to Minnie. Eat while waiting in line. That should change your timing which is good.
8:00-8:45 OPEN SPOT - Since you'll be by the Barnstormer you could meet up with Gaston & Village Belle or go shopping at the Big Top Souvenirs or get a magic shot like the Lantern.

While waiting in line for anything, I would send the rest of the party to BONUS Trick or Treat locations.

Oh I totally read that wrong about how that is split up. So Minnie has her own line, the ducks have their own line, and Goofy has his own line? Do you think I have time to see all four in that hour and a half window?

Okay I totally didn't realize how popular Minnie's line would be. My friend and I are paying separately so splitting up for food may be a headache unless there's enough time in line for us to tag team it. Is that frowned upon?

You'll be near the Barnstormer so you would have to book it to see her, no I would't do that. I would wait to meet her towards the end.

Do you think I have time to meet both her and Mickey after the 2nd Boo to You parade?

5:30-6:00 grab some food and be in line for Minnie & Daisy/Donald by 6:00
6:00-7:30 meet Minnie and Daisy/Donald

Thanks BUNCHES!

We went to MNSSHP 1st party 9/2/2016 and I will say everything is going to be crowded and take much longer than your time frames allow.
For instance if you arrive MK at 4:00 there will long lines to get into park at that time.
You should return to MK no later than 3:00 and then get in a short line inside the park to get your wrist band at 4.
If one line looks too long than just keep walking until you find a shorter line, no one will be able to tell you where the lines are you just have to find one.
Make sure to get a special MNNSHP map.
They won't hand you one but there right in the area of the wrist bands.
The special map is important it will have the parade and show schedules and places to meet the characters~ important since times and places for M&G are not always the same from year to year.
Same goes for a treat bag they don't' hand them out you just have to search the area for them. Even if you don't think you want candy it's fun to get some and the bags are gone quickly.
Also you will want to check on when to line up for Minnie Daisy and Donald, the year we were there people were line up well before those characters arrived.
We came across Lotso and the line was very short compared to the other lines and that took 1/2 hour to get through.
Most ride lines are not bad.
We picked up our wrists band outside Pirates of Caribbean and line was 15min so we hopped into that line.
Haunted Mansion for Halloween festivities is a lot of fun we had a 6-6:30 fast pass for that to ensure we wouldn't waste too much of our party time in line.
Afterward we took our photos with Madame Carlotta who was standing outside the exit as we left Haunted Mansion.
It was just me and my daughter and we found space easily 15 minutes before shows and 20 min before parades. We sat over near the stockade for the parade.
We did everything we wanted but I had a strict time line.
Be organized because the evening is a whirl and over before you get your bearings.
It all felt a bit overwhelming, especially the beginning of the event.
I was surprised how uninformed the CM were ~they kept saying its the first party and we weren't given any information either sorry we can't help you.
I "dressed-up" for the event, to my teen daughters chagrin.
I wore a Jack Skellington tuxedo t-shirt and Jack and Sally Mickey ears.
I was so upset I forgot my Jack long skinny finger gloves back at the hotel to my daughters delight:(
Many people were dressed in costume for the occasion.

It is so much fun ~you will enjoy yourselves.

Last edited:
Oh I totally read that wrong about how that is split up. So Minnie has her own line, the ducks have their own line, and Goofy has his own line? Do you think I have time to see all four in that hour and a half window?

Okay I totally didn't realize how popular Minnie's line would be. My friend and I are paying separately so splitting up for food may be a headache unless there's enough time in line for us to tag team it. Is that frowned upon?

No you read it correctly. @Cluelyss stated in 2014 "Donald and Goofy met together, both Minnie and Daisy had their own line" This all changed in 2016. The pdf is based off of 2016 and in it it states "One line forms to meet all THREE: Minnie, Donald with Daisy. Goofy is a separate meet all together and can be found at the Barnstormer. Stick with the PDF for now, if it does change I will post it here.

I fully intend to utilize tag team. Just be sure to let the people in front and in back of you know what you're intentions are. Families with small children often have to take a potty break so working together is perfectly fine.

"Do you think I have time to meet both her and Mickey after the 2nd Boo to You parade?" This really depends on crowd level. Others have posted meeting both during their not so crowded party. It's hard to plan every minute towards the end of the night because most families leave right after the fireworks but I feel it's doable. Just observe the crowds and you'll know.

EDIT: I will add you might have to leave the parade early to meet both.

Last edited:
We went to MNSSHP 1st party 9/2/2016 and I will say everything is going to be crowded and take much longer than your time frames allow.
For instance if you arrive MK at 4:00 there will long lines to get into park at that time.
You should return to MK no later than 3:00 and then get in a short line inside the park to get your wrist band at 4.
If one line looks too long than just keep walking until you find a shorter line, no one will be able to tell you where the lines are you just have to find one.
Make sure to get a special MNNSHP map.
They won't hand you one but there right in the area of the wrist bands.
The special map is important it will have the parade and show schedules and places to meet the characters~ important since times and places for M&G are not always the same from year to year.
Same goes for a treat bag they don't' hand them out you just have to search the area for them. Even if you don't think you want candy it's fun to get some and the bags are gone quickly.
Also you will want to check on when to line up for Minnie Daisy and Donald, the year we were there people were line up well before those characters arrived.
We came across Lotso and the line was very short compared to the other lines and that took 1/2 hour to get through.
Most ride lines are not bad.
We picked up our wrists band outside Pirates of Caribbean and line was 15min so we hopped into that line.
Haunted Mansion for Halloween festivities is a lot of fun we had a 6-6:30 fast pass for that to ensure we wouldn't waste too much of our party time in line.
Afterward we took our photos with Madame Carlotta who was standing outside the exit as we left Haunted Mansion.
It was just me and my daughter and we found space easily 15 minutes before shows and 20 min before parades. We sat over near the stockade for the parade.
We did everything we wanted but I had a strict time line.
Be organized because the evening is a whirl and over before you get your bearings.
It all felt a bit overwhelming, especially the beginning of the event.
I was surprised how uninformed the CM were ~they kept saying its the first party and we weren't given any information either sorry we can't help you.
I "dressed-up" for the event, to my teen daughters chagrin.
I wore a Jack Skellington tuxedo t-shirt and Jack and Sally Mickey ears.
I was so upset I forgot my Jack long skinny finger gloves back at the hotel to my daughters delight:(
Many people were dressed in costume for the occasion.

It is so much fun ~you will enjoy yourselves.

In 2016 Disney set up a specific MNSSHP Entrance and guests were ushered into it. It's where they also picked up a ziplock bag filled with goodies, Treat Bag and Wrist Band. I do agree all should get there between 3pm/3:30.

Unfortunately CM's are NOT given information until the First party. Some were given a Character Map that was posted on the Official MNSSHP 2016 thread. This map was hard to read. Should this happen again I will change the Character pdf immediately and it will be viable on you cell phone for quick reference while you're in the park. :D

I remember how upset you were about the fingers but I was happy to read it was a good event for you. :goodvibes

Last edited:

Minnie and Donald/Daisy share a line. You meet Minnie first and take pictures then the ducks. goofy has his own line but his costume is not unique. He wears the same costume he does at Pete's silly sideshow so I would not make him a party priority (unless you really want a pic with him in your costume).
As far as lining up goes last year (Sunday party in mid Pct) we started the line at about 6:45 (after finishing with the dwarves). There were no cast members out until about 7 so we, along with a few early families, simply started the line (once we figured out where it was supposed to start). By a few minutes after 7 the line had grown exponentially. So I don't think it would be necessary to line up at 6. Plus you need to figure out where the line forms or else you will be waiting all that time and wind up behind a lot of other people. As far as leaving the "line" goes many people did this last year before the dwarves came out. My husband went and bought our souvenirs at the Big Top shop and got us some food to eat while in line. We actually were in line with @Cluelyss I later found out. Her group and several others had people coming and going too until closer to 6:15 when the dwarves actually came out

No you read it correctly. @Cluelyss stated in 2014 "Donald and Goofy met together, both Minnie and Daisy had their own line" This all changed in 2016. The pdf is based off of 2016 and in it it states "One line forms to meet all THREE: Minnie, Donald with Daisy. Goofy is a separate meet all together and can be found at the Barnstormer. Stick with the PDF for now, if it does change I will post it here.

I fully intend to utilize tag team. Just be sure to let the people in front and in back of you know what you're intentions are. Families with small children often have to take a potty break so working together is perfectly fine.

"Do you think I have time to meet both her and Mickey after the 2nd Boo to You parade?" This really depends on crowd level. Others have posted meeting both during their not so crowded party. It's hard to plan every minute towards the end of the night because most families leave right after the fireworks but I feel it's doable. Just observe the crowds and you'll know.

EDIT: I will add you might have to leave the parade early to meet both.
@FoxC63, I edited that post after referring to your PDF from last year to eliminate any confusion.

- 3pm Gate
- 3:45 Bypass
- 4 to 5:30pm Jack and Sally Tag Team: shopping, Food, sorcerer card
- 5:40 to 7:40pm Moana Tag Team: shopping, sorcerer card, food, or rides
- 7:45 to 8:30pm haunted mansion
- 8:40 to 9:25 Minnie m&g, ToT
- 9:30 to 9:45pm tml dance party, ToT
- 9:50 to 10:30pm Casey’s corner for fireworks (10:15-10:30pm)
- 10:45pm 2nd parade main st/flagpole
- 12am Last castle show

So this is our new party plan. Our party is 10/31.

I’d like to try to squeeze in meeting Mickey but I’m not sure when. I was thinking maybe right after the fireworks if it’ll only be a 5-10 min wait. I do want to make sure we get a good spot for the parade on main st so if Mickey can’t happen we’ll survive. Also not sure if I gave enough time for haunted mansion and Minnie. Any input/advice/experiences are welcome!

Last edited:
I couldn't sleep last night so guess what I did instead? Work on my party plan of course! It has changed quite a bit since the last time we talked @FoxC63 haha. Input/opinions from anyone are more than welcome, please and thank you! Our party night is 10/31.

-3pm be at gate
-Head to Jack and Sally line first thing
-Go to Fantasyland-Elena m&g (maybe I can get a fp?), shopping, quick rides, Minnie and/or Alice m&g (not sure if I'll have time for both, but Minnie is priority)
-Head to Tomorrowland by 7:30pm Buzz and lotso m&g, quick stop at monsters inc dance party, ToT

*I've planned to skip the first parade and was hoping we could ride Haunted Mansion and maybe even 7dmnt during that time, not sure if both are reasonable so I'd love some advice/experiences here!*

-9pm get spot near HUB area for Castle lighting, fireworks, and villain show
-Mickey m&g, sorcerers card at fire station (might do these two after parade if time is an issue)
-2nd parade on main st
-7dmt, haunted mansion (if we didn't get to ride earlier) or any m&g we missed, or quick rides
-12am Last castle show

I'm trying to keep it loose since it will definitely be a sold out night, but it's hard when there's so much we'd like to do. Anxiously waiting for the parties to start so I can read everyone's reports!

:laughing: You are all over the place my friend! If you could go back to your post above and put it in an hourly [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587114"]Format[/URL] that would help considerably. It will also serve as your placeholder should you need/want to make adjustments. Glad to see you :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter