• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory Maker is now $169 for advance purchase however some people are willing to share the cost. If your inclined to save money you may want to look into it or start your own thread.;)
Is there a special memory maker for the party only i thought there was could be wrong we are only in town 2 nights and are only doing the party?? Thanks

Gonna reply in red, cause I've got questions! :hyper2:

3:00-3:15 Take the boat over to MK
4:00-5:20 Jack & Sally
----Tag Team: FP 3:30-4:30?
----Tag Team: Popcorn bucket and an official party pin!
5:25-5:45 FP SDMT 4:30-5:30
5:50-6:00 Get Pumpkin Spice Cupcake (If available this year?) it would be my luck that it won't be there this year.
6:00-7:15 Gaston & Village Belle
----Tag Team: FP 5:30-6:30?
----Tag Team: Trick or Treating at BONUS locations?
7:00-7:30 HM (Very popular ride not sure on timing 20 or 30 minutes?) *see below

7:30-8:15 MS Headless Horseman (at the front on Main Street?) or do you mean Ghost Driver? I mean the driver, although I'm hoping to nab as many magic shots as makes sense for our plans.

EDIT: You have a great window to see Gaston or Pooh & Gang, they'll be in their Halloween finest and you get all characters in one shot which do you think DD would prefer?

Oof, that's tough. I know Gaston meets during regular hours, but I liked that he's with Belle, so if he's not he's out and Pooh's in! Although we have CP reservations the evening before the party, and a Gaston is DD's "best boyfriend.":sad2:

It is perfectly acceptable for one adult to hold the spot in line. You will not be the only ones doing this! :thumbsup2

You will, however, want to arrive much earlier than 8 for the first parade, unless you don't mind being a few rows deep.

This. So I'm considering the second parade, and do stuff during the first. My only concern is DD. I know she can hang until late night and still be in good spirits, but I don't want to sleep in too late the next day... but then again I don't wanna miss good party stuffs cause I timed it poorly again. thoughts?

Gonna reply in red, cause I've got questions! :hyper2:

Oof, that's tough. I know Gaston meets during regular hours, but I liked that he's with Belle, so if he's not he's out and Pooh's in! Although we have CP reservations the evening before the party, and a Gaston is DD's "best boyfriend.":sad2:

This. So I'm considering the second parade, and do stuff during the first. My only concern is DD. I know she can hang until late night and still be in good spirits, but I don't want to sleep in too late the next day... but then again I don't wanna miss good party stuffs cause I timed it poorly again. thoughts?
We always catch the second parade to avoid some of the crowds. But then again, we always nap before the party (adults too!) and I plan the next morning very loosely. You're paying a lot of money for the party (and it's AWESOME!) so personally I'd stay out as long as she'll let you and sacrifice the next morning a bit if needed.

Talked to DH and changed everything...

New Plan, same post
You should still make 3 FPs and do them while someone remains at M&G location and take turns riding with DD. Not sure when your 60 day window opens but I'd plan these along with Meet & Greets keeping them close by if possible. Not sure why you omitted Gatson & Village Belle M&G?
3:30-4:30
4:30-5:30 HM
5:30-6:30

May I suggest:
8:30-8:45 Meet Tarzan & Jane
8:50-9:30 Captain Jack he'll come out at 9pm WONDERFUL interaction!
---Tag Team: Trick or Treat @ Tiki Room

This part concerns me:
9:40 PM - Grab a spot in the hub
10 PM - Once Upon a Time
10:15 PM - Hallowishes
10:40 PM - Hocus Pocus

From my understanding, the hub gets very congested early on. I have no experience whether 20 minutes to view all three is doable. Once Upon a Time projection show has changed and I'm not sure if the hub is really the best location to view it. @Cluelyss any advise?

Woohoo!!! My party tickets just arrived! Six total for 3 pp. I received: Mission:SPACE, Minnie, Hollywood Tower of Terror, Dumbo, Spaceship Earth and Star Wars AT-AT Walker. Minnie, ToT and SW are #myfavs!

FYI - Not counting today, 59 more days until the First MNSSHP!
Are YOU ready?!

You should still make 3 FPs and do them while someone remains at M&G location and take turns riding with DD. Not sure when your 60 day window opens but I'd plan these along with Meet & Greets keeping them close by if possible. Not sure why you omitted Gatson & Village Belle M&G?
3:30-4:30
4:30-5:30 HM
5:30-6:30

May I suggest:

This part concerns me:
10 PM - Once Upon a Time

From my understanding, the hub gets very congested early on. I have no experience whether 20 minutes to view all three is doable. Once Upon a Time projection show has changed and I'm not sure if the hub is really the best location to view it. @Cluelyss any advise?
I have not seen the new projection show, but it didn't run during MVMCP last year, so may not run at MNSSHP. If no projection show, OP could likely get a hub spot around 9:30 without issue.

:surfweb: Tale of Two Parties

Bloggers suggest (since conception of their article) the best day to attend MNSSHP is on a Sunday. Fellow DISer @OhioStateBuckeye did a comparison of the two parties they attended last year Sunday, Sept. 11 vs Sunday, Oct 2, 2016. Clearly one party was less crowded than the other enabling them to accomplish more.

Touring Plans ranks each party numerically and according to their "Least Busy Party" predictions for 2017 these days would now fall on Sunday, Sept 10 #6 and Sunday, Oct 1 #21 suggesting Sept. 10th is the day to party!

Resources: Official MNSSHP 2017, Page 317 - [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2016-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-trick-or-treat-fun.3484819/page-317#post-56567438"]Post 6329[/URL]
Touring Plans 2017 MNSSHP Predictions: http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/12/find-least-crowded-halloween-party-2017/

Regarding Projection Show: Once Upon a Time replaces Celebrate the Magic

Once Upon a Time lasts approximately 14 minutes. In years past Celebrate the Magic was shown at 10pm during MNSSHP unfortunately Disney has NOT released times for MNSSHP.

On February 6, 2017, Wandering In Disney (A theme parks blog) writer Andrew Long wrote an in depth article including photos and where to view (including the hub:-)). Here's the link:
https://wanderingindisney.com/2017/02/06/once-upon-a-time-castle-projection-show-review/

And another from "The Bucket List Narratives" (DECEMBER 22, 2016):
http://www.thebucketlistnarratives.com/walt-disney-worlds-upon-time-review-tips/

Also note this has been edited on the "Extra Thrills" page Post #6 in keeping with the correct verbiage. :flower3:

I have not seen the new projection show, but it didn't run during MVMCP last year, so may not run at MNSSHP. If no projection show, OP could likely get a hub spot around 9:30 without issue.

What if there is a show, what time do you think they should grab a spot? I typically stay out of this area so I really wouldn't know. Thank You!

:surfweb: Tale of Two Parties

Bloggers suggest (since conception of their article) the best day to attend MNSSHP is on a Sunday. Fellow DISer @OhioStateBuckeye did a comparison of the two parties they attended last year Sunday, Sept. 11 vs Sunday, Oct 2, 2016. Clearly one party was less crowded than the other enabling them to accomplish more.

Touring Plans ranks each party numerically and according to their "Least Busy Party" predictions for 2017 these days would now fall on Sunday, Sept 10 #6 and Sunday, Oct 1 #21 suggesting Sept. 10th is the day to party!

Resources: Official MNSSHP 2017, Page 317 - Post 6329
Touring Plans 2017 MNSSHP Predictions: http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/12/find-least-crowded-halloween-party-2017/

It's amazing the difference the crowds can make. But it's usually just a shot in the dark which parties are going to be crowded and which aren't.

Even if you do all the planning you can and don't go on a Friday or on a holiday or any number of things...you can still end up there on a crowded day.

You should still make 3 FPs and do them while someone remains at M&G location and take turns riding with DD. Not sure when your 60 day window opens but I'd plan these along with Meet & Greets keeping them close by if possible. Not sure why you omitted Gatson & Village Belle M&G? I figured we'd cover more stuff in the Adventureland area, rather than hearing back towards Fantasyland. Plus DH suggested we see just Gaston on a non-party day since we will we Belle a few times this trip.

May I suggest:

Ooo! I love that pirate! I wasn't sure we'd have time for more characters.

This part concerns me:
10 PM - Once Upon a Time

I will look over the additional info you recently posted, work out a game plan.

Guess I'll have to see what happens as others visit their parties before ours.

Thanks SO much!

So, I've just spent the last hour or so reading through this thread. Whew! LOTS of great info, and hopefully it will help me come up with something of a plan. We will be going to the party on Sept. 19 (my birthday, WOOT!! :woohoo:) just for the party, also visiting MK another day. Not sure what I'll plan on, I'm traveling with three guys (DH, DS23 and DS9) who are all kind of "meh" on Disney. I know...the horror. They are going along with the mama's birthday wishes. LOL. So, I know for sure we will do HM, and catch the parade and fireworks, and I'm sure they'll do their share of trick or treating. Since we are doing MK another day, I'm not planning to do many rides, maybe I'll send them off to ride while I do M&G's, which I'm sure they won't be dying to do, especially if they have to wait in line.

Anyone with an August or early September party date been able to make fast passes yet? It's not letting me do it for the party night and I'm within my 60-day window. I also have a 5 day ticket which I was able to set up FP for both before and after the party night, but we are not planning on going to another park on party day.

Anyone with an August or early September party date been able to make fast passes yet?

Yes...made them without a problem. Are your party tickets linked? What times did you try for? The last one needs to end by 6:30pm (try 3:30pm-4:30pm-5:30pm)...Hope this helps!

Yes...made them without a problem. Are your party tickets linked? What times did you try for? The last one needs to end by 6:30pm (try 3:30pm-4:30pm-5:30pm)...Hope this helps!
I was able to fix the problem and now we are good to go, YAY!

I had to remove my FPs for party day and make my other 5 days first, then it let me do it for the party night. So for anyone else having trouble be sure to book FPs for your other non-party days first, then do the party day last. I was able to get 320-420, 420-520, and 520-620 time slots.

I am loving this thread! I have a question that I am hoping someone with MNNSHP experience can help with. I have read a ton about character meets for the party, but still do not have a clear answer. If we decide to make the 7 Dwarfs our priority meet, what time should I be in line? I have read as early as 4:30 and as late as 6:00 with every time in between. Also, can anyone give me an example of their wait time for any of the villains? We are having to attend the September 1st party if that makes any difference. I know we can't do it all, just trying to plan as best I can!

I am loving this thread! I have a question that I am hoping someone with MNNSHP experience can help with. I have read a ton about character meets for the party, but still do not have a clear answer. If we decide to make the 7 Dwarfs our priority meet, what time should I be in line? I have read as early as 4:30 and as late as 6:00 with every time in between. Also, can anyone give me an example of their wait time for any of the villains? We are having to attend the September 1st party if that makes any difference. I know we can't do it all, just trying to plan as best I can!

If the dwarves don't meet early, line up at 5:30-5:45.

Villain's waits vary. You'll have a much better idea when the parties start this year.

Last year Gaston with Belle was usually an hour + because of their breaks. Lotso 15ish. Jafar 15. Cruella an hour.

If the dwarves don't meet early, line up at 5:30-5:45.

Villain's waits vary. You'll have a much better idea when the parties start this year.

Last year Gaston with Belle was usually an hour + because of their breaks. Lotso 15ish. Jafar 15. Cruella an hour.

Thank you so much! We are taking my 6-year-old, as well as my villain-loving, 26-year-old brother (who has special needs), so that is very helpful in helping us see how we need to divide our time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter