I was only planning on one Halloween Party this year and going to start my planning after my D23 trip. I wanted to spend the extra time in AK at night.

But now my husband is coming for the weekend and wants to do the Halloween Party too so now I will be doing 2 and saying goodbye to my extra evening in AK. :(

I thought about giving up my Tuesday Halloween Party but that's the one that I think I'll get more done at (character meet and greets, shopping, parade, trick or treat) so I'll keep it and add the Friday one for him so he can meet Jack and Sally, see the parade and fireworks and ride attractions which is what he wants to do.

This is awesome! Thanks for all the hard work!

I hope you'll be able to answer questions especially about the military. DH served 4 years in the Air Force and completed 4 years in AF R.O.T.C. but does not qualify. My father served over 20 years in the Marine Corps. and retired as a Master Sergeant he would qualify but is no longer with us.:sad: I think you know more about it than I do, is it okay if I refer anyone to you? Can they PM you?

wow, nice thread. I am going Christmas time. Hope someone makes something like this. Wow. Had a new thought today about trying to do a Halloween one at the 50th of wdw LOL It's just a dream but your post makes me want too try it.
I do like the way you spaced things out and it seems I could use some for the Christmas party as well.

Thank you so much! Yes the 50th Anniversary I can't wait to make plans! I think we'll be visiting twice during that time, I don't want to miss anything!:mickeyjum

I hope you'll be able to answer questions especially about the military. DH served 4 years in the Air Force and completed 4 years in AF R.O.T.C. but does not qualify. My father served over 20 years in the Marine Corps. and retired as a Master Sergeant he would qualify but is no longer with us.:sad: I think you know more about it than I do, is it okay if I refer anyone to you? Can they PM you?

Of course! I'm happy to hear any Tim time I can! My husband is a recently retired Marine so lots of experience here! Lol!

I was only planning on one Halloween Party this year and going to start my planning after my D23 trip. I wanted to spend the extra time in AK at night.

But now my husband is coming for the weekend and wants to do the Halloween Party too so now I will be doing 2 and saying goodbye to my extra evening in AK. :(

I thought about giving up my Tuesday Halloween Party but that's the one that I think I'll get more done at (character meet and greets, shopping, parade, trick or treat) so I'll keep it and add the Friday one for him so he can meet Jack and Sally, see the parade and fireworks and ride attractions which is what he wants to do.

First I'm glad you found this thread! Woot! Now giving up AK? Ugh! I'm with you, my DS has ADHD/Autism and ALLERGIES :crazy2: We took him to AK once many moons ago and he got so sick. I really want to do a weekend getaway just to focus on AK and stay at AK lodge, yep this is my dream!

Do you have your dates yet? Friday parties are pretty busy.

Hello FoxC63,

Thank you for sending us your link. The Mrs. and I will be traveling with our son, his wife and our three grand kids. I have been to the official thread but find it very busy, the information there is the same as it is here but this is for planning our day to day activities? Our daughter-in-law is planning their vacation but not ours. We just cannot keep up with their pace. We are in our late seventy's can you suggest any rides for us that are not fast please? Thank you and have a nice day.

Yes, this thread is for planning and is geared towards Early August and Early September Halloween Parties but all are welcome. :flower:

Here's a list of rides that I would suggest:
Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Haunted Mansion
It’s a Small World
Liberty Square River Boat
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Main Street Vehicles
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey’s PhilharMagic
Monsters, Inc. laugh Floor
Perter Pan’s Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Tomorrow Transit Authority PeopleMover
Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
Walt Disney’s Tiki Room
Walt Disney’s World Railroad
The Hall of Presidents
Price Charming Regal Carousel

Also here's the WDW Attractions link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/

Last edited:
Thank you for responding so quickly. The wife and I will look into these. I noticed you did not include Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, may I ask why? My daughter-in-law suggested this.

I read a review that was posted by an elderly lady who found it to be too fast and jerky? She also stated it was hard to hold onto with her hands due to arthritis.

Last edited:
The more I read this the more I must say I am going to use a little bit of your outline for our Christmas parties lol ty.

The more I read this the more I must say I am going to use a little bit of your outline for our Christmas parties lol ty.

I attended the Christmas party several years ago and had a great time, being (almost) a Halloween baby it's my number one preference.
Just a question, what aspect are you trying to incorporate into your planning?

I am hoping to attend the August 29 Halloween party. It seems really early to celebrate Halloween, but hoping that the Disney bloggers will be right and it will be super low crowds so that I can get a lot done. We went to Disney last year on the same week as hurricane Matthew, I wanted to schedule a Halloween party for us when I was planning that trip, but ended up being glad that I didn't, because The day I would have scheduled for our party would have been the Thursday that they canceled it. But I really want to try out the parties, so it works out well for me but they added the August parties. And we get to be there for the first day of food and wine! I'm really excited about this trip now!

I am hoping to attend the August 29 Halloween party. It seems really early to celebrate Halloween, but hoping that the Disney bloggers will be right and it will be super low crowds so that I can get a lot done. We went to Disney last year on the same week as hurricane Matthew, I wanted to schedule a Halloween party for us when I was planning that trip, but ended up being glad that I didn't, because The day I would have scheduled for our party would have been the Thursday that they canceled it. But I really want to try out the parties, so it works out well for me but they added the August parties. And we get to be there for the first day of food and wine! I'm really excited about this trip now!

Last years weather was unbelievable, I felt so sorry for those who attended. I don't remember Disney ever closing the parks. There are a lot of things to be excited about! What are your dates of travel, do you know what parks you're going to visit and have you started making any plans?

Do you have any insight on how the party schedules have changed from year to year? I'm going on the 9/1 date and I'm wondering how confidently I can plan by using 2016's schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter