Do you have any insight on how the party schedules have changed from year to year? I'm going on the 9/1 date and I'm wondering how confidently I can plan by using 2016's schedule.

Disney just changed them in 2016 so I'm very confident you can create a plan based on last years information. Also while your there, I will update the information which is easy to access via phone.

Last years weather was unbelievable, I felt so sorry for those who attended. I don't remember Disney ever closing the parks. There are a lot of things to be excited about! What are your dates of travel, do you know what parks you're going to visit and have you started making any plans?
Our dates are August 28 through September 2. We don't have the dining plan this time, and so we are planning on quick service, and maybe having some groceries like breakfast and snacks delivered. Arriving in the afternoon on the 28th checking out on the second. Staying at Port Orléans Riverside. Arrival day – Disney springs dinner, walking around there. Tuesday, pool/relax until MNSSP, myself and one of my daughters going to the party, other daughter and son going with my husband back to Disney springs. Wednesday we have park hoppers, but probably will spend open to close at animal Kingdom, really want to see all of the new Pandora stuff. Thursday Epcot and food and wine festival , Friday Typhoon Lagoon, dinner at Disney springs Rainforest Cafe.
I saw in one of your posts and the other Halloween party thread that you are a scrapbooker- do you share your work online anywhere? I love to scrapbook, especially Disney World!

@margievis We stopped using the dining plan years ago it didn't hold value for my family of three. What source are you purchasing groceries from? Do you have costume ideas? I agree about AK. I wish I could go, perhaps a short mini trip but I'm so interested in all the changes Disney has made recently. LOVE scrapbooking but no I haven't posted any of my work, too self conscious:flower3: I'll share if you share!

Following along. We're booked for the 8/25 party, but will cancel our trip if it sells out. It's a pricey trip just for the party (arrive the day before, leave the day after) but totally worth it to say I fit to trick'or'treat in August

Following along. We're booked for the 8/25 party, but will cancel our trip if it sells out. It's a pricey trip just for the party (arrive the day before, leave the day after) but totally worth it to say I fit to trick'or'treat in August
Well if this is any indication of what you can expect this year hopefully you've planned your costumes!:ccat:
Touring Plans Crowd Calendar:
http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/05/12/find-least-crowded-halloween-party-2017/

Hope you post some pictures!

Last edited:
UPDATES to Page 1:

Post #2 - "Daily Itinerary" added: Travel Binder link

Post #3 - "List of Characters" added: Mentalfloss Behind the Magic link

Post #4 - “Magic Shots” added: Tangled Lantern Photo and Memory Maker link

Post #5 - "Things to Do between 4-7pm!" added: Photos and FB link

Post #6 - “Extra Thrills” added: Photos and WDW link

Post #7 – “Trick or Treat! added Photo of candy!

FoxC: I love the way you have the first part written out and timed it out. I think it is very efficient and optimizes your time you have from the beginning of the day to the party time. I also think that the HP and CP are close enough that I could use some of the lists you have just replacing some of the special Christmas things. I wonder if many Chrs out at the Halloween party are the same out at Christmas

FoxC: I love the way you have the first part written out and timed it out. I think it is very efficient and optimizes your time you have from the beginning of the day to the party time. I also think that the HP and CP are close enough that I could use some of the lists you have just replacing some of the special Christmas things. I wonder if many Chrs out at the Halloween party are the same out at Christmas

Very interesting, we attended our first and only Christmas party in 2013, I had to look at my pins to confirm the year, but I really cannot imagine why Disney wouldn't use the same locations for the characters.

@Raya "We are waffling. We have plane tickets, the hotel, and dining set up. But if the party sells out before August we'll cancel and go later in Sept. I did a sold out party in Sept 2014 and it was rough. 45 minute wait for Peter Pan, magic shots that looked terrible because of crowds behind us. Hoping to avoid doing that again."

Rephrase: It's the crowds behind that ruin a great photo. lol They don't appear when taken at night :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You've sparked me to think about my own party plan. We'll be at the last party on 11/1, which is our arrival day.

I will fly in at 1:20, but BFF doesn't arrive until 3pm. Normally I'd wait at MCO for her, but I am going to head straight to the resort. I should arrive to the resort by 2:30. Then I'll check in and store my luggage in the room and change (or reverse and leave with bell services depending...) . Then catch the bus to MK. I'm hoping I can make it there by 3:15 as you suggested in the regular Halloween party thread. So far I'm thinking:

3:15 - Arrive at MK (get in at 3:50-ish and walk through bypass for candy, bag & photo or two)

4:00-5:20pm - Jack & Sally (Hope to be towards the front of the line-ish. BFF will meet me in this line after she arrives.)

5:20pm-5:45pm: Peter Pan FastPass. (If we miss this due to Jack & Sally we can hopefully ride later in the night with little to no wait.)

5:45pm-6:30pm: SDMT FastPass (will hit this at the beginning of the window though likely.)

*Grab dinner at Columbia Harbor House to go or might just get in line while BFF grabs dinner or vice versa depending on the time.

6:30 – 7:30 M&G: Pooh & Gang (making their first set)

7:35 – 8:15: Minnie, Donald & Daisy M&G
*ToT at Pete's Silly Slideshow (either tag team or hit on way there or back.)
*Will check Goofy's line too now that he has a pirate costume????

8:20 - 8:30: Skeleton Magic Shot? (would probably only stop for this if there's little to no line. Might just hustle over to do HM MagicShot)
*ToT at Pinnochio's Village Haus & Philharmagic

8:40 - 8:50: Get pumpkin waffle from Sleepy Hollow
*ToT Liberty Square Riverboat

8:50 - 9:45: Stake out spot and watch 1st Boo to You Parade (Might stake out spot and have BFF hold spot while I pick up waffle.)

9:45 - 10:05: Ride Haunted Mansion & Haunted Mansion Magic Shots/Madam whomever (get done what we can after parade passes and then head towards hub for fireworks)

10:05 - 10:30: Fireworks

10:35 - 10:50: Lotso M&G
*ride Space Mountain if line is short
*ToT at Tomorrowland locations

10:50 - 11:05: Ride BTMR
*ToT at Dock to Tom Sawyer and Splash

11:05 - 11:15: ToT in Adventureland
*Might peak at character lines here or ride Pirates

11:20 - 11:40: Talking Vampire Mickey

11:40 - 11:50: Magic Shots on Main St.

11:50 - 12:15: Hocus Pocus Villian Spectacular

Hit Headless Horseman and any other MagicShots on the way out.

I'm very grateful to those going to earlier parties for sharing what they experience and learn. I've gone to the first Christmas party the last few years and know there are challenges with the early parties sometimes so I am excited to do things on the flip side for the Halloween party!

Last edited:
I wish you great weather for the party!! I live here and Matthew was my "first" hurricane, and I am no ashamed to say I was scared spit-less.

I love the parties. MVMCP is my favourite, I always make a personalized shirt at Zazzle and get many compliments on it.

I'm planning on going to MNSSHP this year. Big surprise, I'm going as Marie. White capris, t-shirt, Marie ears complete with jeweled tiara, fluffy fabric from a baby jacket to attach to my shirt for fluffy white fur, a long, white, bushy tail, pink ribbons (of course), and pink stage makeup for my nose. I also have my cattitude in place too!!:cat::cat::cat:

I enjoy the chocolate, but for both parties, the parades, the fireworks, the characters and people watching are the draw.
The CMs really enjoy it when the guests get into the spirit so I let my inner child come out and enjoy playing along!

Have fun!!!

@margievis We stopped using the dining plan years ago it didn't hold value for my family of three. What source are you purchasing groceries from? Do you have costume ideas? I agree about AK. I wish I could go, perhaps a short mini trip but I'm so interested in all the changes Disney has made recently. LOVE scrapbooking but no I haven't posted any of my work, too self conscious:flower3: I'll share if you share!
As far as groceries go… I'm not really sure, but I've heard that Garden Grocer is a good one. If I decide only to get dried/nonperishables, might do Amazon prime pantry instead. We did the dining plan last year, because we got free dining, and it was so so much food. I enjoyed it, but it really was more than we needed. And my family is A bunch of big eaters! As far as costumes go, I'm deciding between Belle, Lilo, and Mulan. Mainly because I saw some ears on etsy that I really like. Lol! As soon as I decide and get it together, I'll post a picture. I'll come back and share some of my scrapbook pages when I get a chance. This is graduation week for my oldest daughter, so super busy this week!

You've sparked me to think about my own party plan. And we'll be at the last party, which is our arrival day. We normally fly in around 1:20 so figure we don't get to the resort till 2:30ish. Then we'll check in and store our luggage in the room and change (or reverse and leave with bell services depending...) . Then catch the bus to MK. I'm hoping we can make it there by 3:15 as you suggested in the regular Halloween party thread. So far I'm thinking:

3:15 - Arrive at MK (I have heard of others getting in earlier than 4, but can't remember how early it was. Might go activate my military tickets while BFF is in line, or might wait till the next day to do that.)

4:00-5:15pm - Jack & Sally (will grab maps and trick or treat bags on our way to J&S. Or maybe take turns getting bags. Will get wristbands entering the park.) Hope to be towards the front of the line...

4:30-5:30pm - Big Thunder FastPass. (If we miss this due to Jack & Sally we can hopefully ride later in the night with little to no wait as it's our favorite so long as it's open.)

Ride Haunted Mansion between the two

5:30-6:30pm - SDMT FastPass

Dinner, probably Cosmic Rays.

Then I need to figure out what our priorities are besides the show, parade and fireworks. I'm thinking we'll do the second parade though. Characters I would like to meet:

Winnie the Pooh crew
Mickey (even though talking Mickey kind of creeps me out, I would like to see him in his Halloween attire)
Jafar
Minnie
Daisy & Donald
Lots o Huggin Bear
Tarzan, Jane and Terk (might try them at the end of the night based on reports from party goers if they meet together)
Gaston & Village Belle?

Besides that I'm thinking we'll stop at a few trick or treat stops, but it likely won't be a huge priority. I would like to get as many of the Halloween specific Magic Shots as possible.

I'm very grateful to those going to earlier parties for sharing what they experience and learn. I've gone to the first Christmas party the last few years and know there are challenges with the early parties sometimes so I am excited to do things on the flip side for the Halloween party!
I like your plan! It's pretty similar to what I want to do! Except I think we might eat at Pecos Bills instead, or just do snacks.

I like your plan! It's pretty similar to what I want to do! Except I think we might eat at Pecos Bills instead, or just do snacks.

I haven't eaten at Pecos Bill's in forever. The last time was before the menu change. I'll see what BFF wants and we'll go from there. Actually I just thought maybe I'll want to eat at Columbia Harbor House. We'll have to see what we're in the mood for!

I haven't eaten at Pecos Bill's in forever. The last time was before the menu change. I'll see what BFF wants and we'll go from there. Actually I just thought maybe I'll want to eat at Columbia Harbor House. We'll have to see what we're in the mood for!
with you there! I like the idea of Columbia Harbor House , And I wanted to try it for a while now, but I never feel like it when we're in the parks, probably because of the heat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter