Not doing a costume as much as a theme. First I was leaning towards Tiger Lily and I've decided to switch to the Three Caballeros. Mostly because of the uncertainty of the attraction since it's rumored that pavilion may see some changes so it's my tribute to one of my favorite EPCOT dark rides.

Ok, So we are doing the party in Sept and I was thinking of doing the memory maker for the party. Do I understand this correctly....we go to the party and have all our pictures taken. Then the next day I can take a look and select to purchase all the pictures from the party for the single day price? I was thinking I had to do it ahead when purchasing our tickets for the party....I just want to make sure I don't screw this up and not get the pictures from that night. DS is not one to have his picture taken....all depends on his mood so I am not going to worry about getting the MM for the entire trip but this is our first MNSSHP and I want whatever pictures I can get that night.
Thanks

What you're after is called One Day Memory Maker. You need to have at least one photo in your PhotoPass account, that's how the system knows to select and limit you to that one specific day. On the MDE app, tap on the three bars at the top left of the screen. Select "PhotoPass" (NOT Memory Maker) and then choose a photo. The next screen will give you three options: 1. Unlimited downloads of Your Vacation Photos for $169.00, 2. Unlimited downloads of Your Photos for This Day for $59.00 and 3. Unlimited downloads of This Photo for $14.95. Choose the second option and make sure the date you want is the one that is listed. Note, You can wait until your vacation is complete and then take your time deciding which day to purchase but I would certainly look at them to make sure the magic Shots are correct! Some have reported missing the Headless Horseman for example. Just call to have this fixed. :-)

I need costume help! My look is Ariel as a Newsie. I made a knee-length green skirt and I have a purple button down top and brown boots (and a newsboy cap, of course!). I want to do some argyle socks but I don't know if I should do green socks or purple! I attached the two options I'm looking at. Which do you think is more 'Ariel'??

Woof! That is a hard choice! I'd go with the purple! It will match the top and add a bit of POP to our awesome outfit! :thumbsup2

I need costume help! My look is Ariel as a Newsie. I made a knee-length green skirt and I have a purple button down top and brown boots (and a newsboy cap, of course!). I want to do some argyle socks but I don't know if I should do green socks or purple! I attached the two options I'm looking at. Which do you think is more 'Ariel'??

I would go with purple too. Although green matches her scales for the bottom half, it looks nicer as purple top, green skirt then purple socks.

It is perfectly acceptable for one adult to hold the spot in line. You will not be the only ones doing this!

You will, however, want to arrive much earlier than 8 for the first parade, unless you don't mind being a few rows deep.

We also like to watch the parade somewhere near Country Bears in Frontierland. Which way does the first parade run and does it reverse for the second parade? What are the recommended times to secure a front row spot for the 1st and 2nd parade in Frontierland? We are trying to fit as much as we can all in one night so I though about only doing the 2nd parade this year but we usually end up watching it twice :)

What you're after is called One Day Memory Maker. You need to have at least one photo in your PhotoPass account, that's how the system knows to select and limit you to that one specific day. On the MDE app, tap on the three bars at the top left of the screen. Select "PhotoPass" (NOT Memory Maker) and then choose a photo. The next screen will give you three options: 1. Unlimited downloads of Your Vacation Photos for $169.00, 2. Unlimited downloads of Your Photos for This Day for $59.00 and 3. Unlimited downloads of This Photo for $14.95. Choose the second option and make sure the date you want is the one that is listed. Note, You can wait until your vacation is complete and then take your time deciding which day to purchase but I would certainly look at them to make sure the magic Shots are correct! Some have reported missing the Headless Horseman for example. Just call to have this fixed. :-)
Thanks so much!! I can't wait....purchasing my party tickets today!

We also like to watch the parade somewhere near Country Bears in Frontierland. Which way does the first parade run and does it reverse for the second parade? What are the recommended times to secure a front row spot for the 1st and 2nd parade in Frontierland? We are trying to fit as much as we can all in one night so I though about only doing the 2nd parade this year but we usually end up watching it twice :)
Runs the same both times. Starts by Splash and ends in Town Square. Front row for the first parade I'd recommend at least 45 minutes (60 if sold out); 30 for the second.

I'm not sure if the bride and groom in our party will wear these to the MNSSHP where we're all dressed as vintage Mouseketeers, but here are the bride and groom mouse ears I made them for our Disney trip:

bride groom ears new.jpg

I know Fox63 has seen this on my Universal and MNSSHP pre-trip report thread, but thought you guys might like to see them!

(Edited to add the link to my Pre Trip Report, since Fox63 was kind enough to suggest it. It's a lot of crafty things in our planning for a Disney/Universal/MNSSHP trip in Sept!) https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...s-of-green-fall-2017-pre-trip-report.3604591/

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the bride and groom in our party will wear these to the MNSSHP where we're all dressed as vintage Mouseketeers, but here are the bride and groom mouse ears I made them for our Disney trip:

View attachment 253524

I know Fox63 has seen this on my Universal and MNSSHP pre-trip report thread, but thought you guys might like to see them!

Just beautiful! I really love your work. Please feel free to edit your post and include a link to your thread and keep including it as you post more as we always get newbies! :-)

I'm not sure "when" it happened but I gained quite a bit of weight since last year. My doc says I'm stress eating? Taking care of others while not taking care of myself has taken it's toll :worried: So I've been doing a lot of this :cool1: and this :banana:! :upsidedow

Don't sit still for a long period of time.

Bob and Betty are back! I can't wait to hear about how your first Disney trip goes, and I hope you have a wonderful Halloween party.

Thank you and same to you and your family. We've been busy with the grand kids, our son and DIL work so we have the kids for the summer. They keep us busy but we're able to walk further even with Bob's bad knee!

Reading through all these posts is getting me super excited! I've got my costume figured out, I just hope people will be able to tell who I am!

QUCTZds.jpg

My oh my, this is just a beautiful outfit you put together. You'll look so stunning! Have a wonderful time dear.

I purchased two of these in Extra Small: https://www.macys.com/shop/product/jm-collection-linen-blend-wide-leg-pants-only-at-macys?ID=4369372&CategoryID=50449&LinkType=&selectedSize=#fn=DEPARTMENT_TYPE=Pants&sp=1&spc=61&ruleId=9|BS|BA&slotId=16

Glad I got them when I did as the size is no longer available. I love the color Intrepid Blue! I turned them into a pair of shorts and a pair of Capri pants. With the left over fabric I made cargo pockets and attached them to the sides. These are very comfy. DH bought me a new phone Samsung Galaxy S8+ it's very long so the pockets are deep.

You must really enjoy sewing. How are your costumes coming along? Will you be posting pictures like Penguinempress?

I like the purple too. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter