Monorail Restaurant for a mid-day break

Has anyone done the terrace when they couldn't get into Trader Sam's? Does it have that "we couldn't get in" vibe or is it nice in its own right?

To me, they seem like two different places. One a relaxing outdoor terrace with live music. The other is a dark, themed lounge/bar with special effects. Just depends what you're in the mood for.

That said, when we have been to TRader Sams around opening time, there was hardly anyone there so no problem getting in. We actually stopped there last trip and just got some beer and some food for a light early dinner (about the same price as a CS meal in the parks). It was a different vibe than later at night.

To me, they seem like two different places. One a relaxing outdoor terrace with live music. The other is a dark, themed lounge/bar with special effects. Just depends what you're in the mood for.

That said, when we have been to TRader Sams around opening time, there was hardly anyone there so no problem getting in. We actually stopped there last trip and just got some beer and some food for a light early dinner (about the same price as a CS meal in the parks). It was a different vibe than later at night.

Cool. I got the impression that even early you might have to wait in line. I think either would be fine and dh won't know where we're going so shouldn't be disappointment either way, as long as it's not obvious that one is for the suckers who can't get in the other. I think I would like to try Trader Sam's if possible.

We really enjoy the outdoor patio at Trader Sam's. In fact the first time we went our buzzer to go in went off right after we'd ordered food and we decided we were so comfy we'd just stay there. Our plan in December is late lunch at Kona, bread pudding at Tambu and then a drink at Trader Sam's. :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter