Moonlight Magic AK

Thanks for the responses! I did see the earlier post and was looking for more specific info. Thanks to those who just went for sharing your experiences about the event this week that's what I was curious about. I guess we will just need to get our fill of Mickey heads!

Thanks all!

We are planning on these snacks at our MM event later this month. Can anyone confirm that these will be available with our snack vouchers?
  • pongu lumpia at Pongu Pongu
  • blueberry cream cheese mousse at Santu'li Canteen
  • Scar's Lair and Simba's Sunset at Tamu Tamu Refreshments
  • cinnamon glazed pecans at Drinkwallah
Thanks!

We are planning on these snacks at our MM event later this month. Can anyone confirm that these will be available with our snack vouchers?
Thanks!
I got the Scar's Lair and the cinnamon glazed pecans. Also saw that Simba's Sunset was available. Can't confirm the others since I didn't get them and can't remember for sure that I saw them on the list of offerings.

We are looking at getting the Dumplings, Cinnamon glazed pecans & Sour Apple Dole Whip

Disappointing to hear that the games still have really long lines

We are looking at getting the Dumplings, Cinnamon glazed pecans & Sour Apple Dole Whip

Disappointing to hear that the games still have really long lines
I wish I would have tried the dumplings but there was a kind of long line for them when we walked by. I ended up with a Mickey Pretzel with cheese dip, the Sour Apple Dole Whip (my favorite!) and the cinnamon glazed pecans which were also really good and I ended up having as a snack the following day.

Thanks!
The Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse was not available using the snack coupons.

The Blueberry Cream Cheese Mousse was not available using the snack coupons.
Good to know. I'll be thinking of a substitution. Thanks!

I just need to find out about the pongu lumpia. We are planning on eating at Yak & Yeti before the party, and if I can't get pongu lumpia, I will make sure to order the fried wontons.

Good to know. I'll be thinking of a substitution. Thanks!

I just need to find out about the pongu lumpia. We are planning on eating at Yak & Yeti before the party, and if I can't get pongu lumpia, I will make sure to order the fried wontons.
My friend used one of her snack vouchers on a pongu lumpia.

One more snack:
Did anyone use a snack voucher on a frozen banana from Thirsty River? A long time ago, my DH got a frozen banana at AK. I don't see the appeal, but he really liked it. We are making a list of possible items, and I'm wanting to give him several options to choose from.

I am a Landry's Club member. All you do is walk in with your card, and they seat you. No need for an ADR. I
in the past you could rely upon it. Last two trips there in early July (party of 3) & a month later in August (party of 7) for dinner around 5 pm, as my norm, called ahead for a ‘reservation time’.

Glad i did as while we were waiting for table saw multiple Landry’s card holders be told there were no tables available.

in the past you could rely upon it. Last two trips there in early July (party of 3) & a month later in August (party of 7) for dinner around 5 pm, as my norm, called ahead for a ‘reservation time’.

Glad i did as while we were waiting for table saw multiple Landry’s card holders be told there were no tables available.
Yes, last year I saw several reports of the same - Landry's card holders were either turned away or told their wait would be quite a long time, maybe not as long as others, but longer than a few minutes.

OTOH, DH and I showed up about 5 PM this past July 9, showed our card, and were seated immediately. So YMMV.

Yes, last year I saw several reports of the same - Landry's card holders were either turned away or told their wait would be quite a long time, maybe not as long as others, but longer than a few minutes.

OTOH, DH and I showed up about 5 PM this past July 9, showed our card, and were seated immediately. So YMMV.
This is all good to know. We’ve never had a problem even arriving close to closing. But we want to make sure we get to eat there. So to get a “reservation time” do you call the restaurant directly? Do you call the day of?

This is all good to know. We’ve never had a problem even arriving close to closing. But we want to make sure we get to eat there. So to get a “reservation time” do you call the restaurant directly? Do you call the day of?
You can use the phone number on your Landry's card to make a reservation directly as opposed to via Disney's ADR system. Certainly you could call in advance or wait until day-of, although if it's a very busy day in AK then calling day-of would be taking a chance that they're full.

You can use the phone number on your Landry's card to make a reservation directly as opposed to via Disney's ADR system. Certainly you could call in advance or wait until day-of, although if it's a very busy day in AK then calling day-of would be taking a chance that they're full.
Thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Certainly you could call in advance or wait until day-of, although if it's a very busy day in AK then calling day-of would be taking a chance that they're full.
landry’s no longer takes the calls, have to contact Y&Y directly.

we were given ‘the latest available” table open for 2 pp on the party day (5:45 pm).

Will mention, they were dreadfully under staffed still, as was all our visits this year. Last one a month ago, it took 57 minutes (yes, i timed it after prior longish waits) for the food to arrive. when we checked with server after 45 min, they blamed it on our party ordering 4 steaks. :scratchin

Was very good as usual though :thumbsup2 Hopefully, will straighten service out sooner vs later.

landry’s no longer takes the calls, have to contact Y&Y directly.

we were given ‘the latest available” table open for 2 pp on the party day (5:45 pm).

Will mention, they were dreadfully under staffed still, as was all our visits this year. Last one a month ago, it took 57 minutes (yes, i timed it after prior longish waits) for the food to arrive. when we checked with server after 45 min, they blamed it on our party ordering 4 steaks. :scratchin

Was very good as usual though :thumbsup2 Hopefully, will straighten service out sooner vs later.
Correct information, keishashadow! I called the restaurant directly, and they were able to make me a reservation for 6:30 that evening. Maybe a spot opened up that wasn't there when you called. I did explain that we couldn't enter the park until 6:00 and that we would speed-walk to their restaurant. She told me I could take my time.

ETA: We will probably still speed-walk there and see if we can get a table a little earlier. But it's nice to know we have a back-up. Thanks for all the information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter