Moonlight Magic AK

Wife and I have reservations for the last date (28th) for MM for this month. We have gone to many MM and Merry Mixer Christmas party which all members miss and loved every minute. Based on the fact there is no special Merch and the attached attractions (or lack of), snacks not food, etc, those that have gone would you still recommend us going? As we will be at BWV, we could go to the Extended hours at MK instead.

TIA

Attachments

• MMAK.jpg
    MMAK.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 12
Wife and I have reservations for the last date (28th) for MM for this month. We have gone to many MM and Merry Mixer Christmas party which all members miss and loved every minute. Based on the fact there is no special Merch and the attached attractions (or lack of), snacks not food, etc, those that have gone would you still recommend us going? As we will be at BWV, we could go to the Extended hours at MK instead.

TIA
My decision would depend on which attractions I most wanted to do. If I hadn't had my fill of FoP and EE that trip, I'd lean toward MM at AK, but if I wanted more rides on Seven Dwarfs and BTMRR, I'd choose DEEH at MK. MM will probably be less crowded than DEEH, and we'd have dinner beforehand so we could enjoy the free ice cream and other snacks.

TIA
We are in a similar boat, also staying at BWV.

We've been to the MM at DAK one time before. It was OK but nothing that I would have done again except my sister & friend will be there and really want to go, having never been to one.

TIA
I think it depends what you are into. If you are mainly going to ride attractions, then MK certainly has more and the lines will be short during both events. But for us, since we have DVC, we get to experience the parks every year, so the draw for us is the unique things and spirit of moonlight magic. The dance party may not seem like much, but we have a lot of fun at it (a bit of DVC spirit or something in the air). We also like seeing the characters that aren't out during regular operating hours. And memories of my husband coming back with "a pile of ice cream" when my kids and I were at the table awaiting his return with the free Mickey bars (we ate a lot of ice cream that night!) So we like the things that you can't experience at other times in the parks. That said, I wouldn't sacrifice rides at MK! I would also have time built in another day to get all of our MK experiences in, so if you don't have that, then I would choose AK. Also, that said, I prioritize fireworks above other nighttime experiences, so if you don't have other times built in for fireworks, I again would choose MK.

We are in a similar boat, also staying at BWV.

We've been to the MM at DAK one time before. It was OK but nothing that I would have done again except my sister & friend will be there and really want to go, having never been to one.
Once you bring them inside with you, you can leave & go elsewhere & they can stay

As we will be at BWV, we could go to the Extended hours at MK instead.
or do AK first, then swing on up to MK for EH. Something I’ve been mulling over if we get our ‘party’ fill early enough that evening.

we have APs & a Car rental. unless family is along, we can take or leave most of the other attractions other than safari, Nemo & Y&Y. Do tend to enjoy walking off dinner roaming about the park to see the animals.

Yay! I was able to get a later ADR for 6:45 at Yak & Yeti. So the plan is to book it to Safari, ride, and then book it to Y&Y. The wait has consistently been 5 minutes at 6:00 for the last week. Hoping that holds out until next week.

Also patiently waiting for our email!

Yay! I was able to get a later ADR for 6:45 at Yak & Yeti. So the plan is to book it to Safari, ride, and then book it to Y&Y. The wait has consistently been 5 minutes at 6:00 for the last week. Hoping that holds out until next week.

You'll make it! Enjoy! We will be at MM too. Excited - it's almost here!

Hooray! Glad to hear this. Have a magical time!

TIA
I'm in the same situation, also staying at BWV. Only thing is I don't have an AP so I would need to use regular park admission to go to MK that day. I planned to just use the MM access for AK rather than waste a day ticket. Kind of bummed I won't get to do EMH at MK this trip but I can do the Epcot one twice during this trip. I did manage to book MNSSHP for the next night before it sold out so hoping the ride access at MM will be good. Unfortunately the only night left for me to do later hours & regular fireworks at MK will be Saturday.

TIA

My plan is to do both because I'm a little crazy like that...

Event Date: September 28, 2022

Event Time: 8:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Disney Vacation Club Members and Special Guests may enter the Park as early as 6:00 p.m. to get a head start on the fun.

Check-In: Members can check-in at the following locations (Event Confirmation email, valid digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID are required)
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park Main Entrance: 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
  • In Park check-in at the Disney Vacation Club kiosk on the Pandora Bridge near Tiffins Restaurant: 4:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m.

Weather is not looking good for next Wednesday night. What do they do if they have to cancel a Moonlight Magic event?

The weather will change 3 times between now and Wednesday,🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 That the rain is not too heavy, but it looks like it’s the rainy season in the Orlando area.
I will be there even if it rains, but not if it’s an all out storm.🙏🙏

The weather will change 3 times between now and Wednesday,🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 That the rain is not too heavy, but it looks like it’s the rainy season in the Orlando area.
I will be there even if it rains, but not if it’s an all out storm.🙏🙏
I realize it's still too far out to predict, but it's looking likely that a hurricane will be hitting the area next week. The Weather Channel forecast has added in "thunderstorms," "steady rain," and "1 to 2 inches of rain expected."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter