Moonlight Magic AK

they were able to make me a reservation for 6:30 that evening. Maybe a spot opened up that wasn't there when you called
Hmmph lol. JK nice score

they may have extended the hours with all the reports of new hires. Had been told that 6 pm was cutoff time for res Each time i called.

Hmmph lol. JK nice score

they may have extended the hours with all the reports of new hires. Had been told that 6 pm was cutoff time for res Each time i called.
I do know that at some point the closing time changed from 6:35 to 6:50 according to the Disney website. The woman on the phone stated that they closed at 7:00 that night.

I know the savory snacks are limited at AK, I wonder if they will allow this to be purchased with a snack voucher at the next AK event, looks like a good addition for Latin American Heritage Month!

Kusafiri Bakery (Available Sept. 15 through Oct. 15)

• Impossible Empanada: Flaky Latin dough filled with plant-based picadillo (ground beef) (New)

I am currently staying at All Star Music with a Moonlight Magic reservation tied to it. If I modify this reservation, switching it to a different resort (Confirmation # stays the same), would this cancel the Moonlight Magic reservation?

I am currently staying at All Star Music with a Moonlight Magic reservation tied to it. If I modify this reservation, switching it to a different resort (Confirmation # stays the same), would this cancel the Moonlight Magic reservation?
The MM event reservation will not be affected.

So after scoring a 6:30 Yak & Yeti reservation by calling the restaurant directly, I'm now seeing that the hours for the safari have been extended from 5:30 to 6:30. I am so torn! I want to do both, but there's no way to do them both. We probably won't be able to enter the park until 6:00. Safari closes at 6:30, and Yak & Yeti closes at 6:50 (even if I was late for my reservation and they accepted my Landry's card and seated us). Both of these are special to me, and since we won't be back for several years, I want to do both. I have another park day and can hop over to AK for the safari, but that seems like so much trouble just for one ride. What to do???!!!

ETA: Actually, when I called, the woman said that they close at 7:00 that night. Their website also says 7:00. The Disney website says 6:50. I still don't think it is possible to do both though.

Last edited:
So after scoring a 6:30 Yak & Yeti reservation by calling the restaurant directly, I'm now seeing that the hours for the safari have been extended from 5:30 to 6:30. I am so torn! I want to do both, but there's no way to do them both. We probably won't be able to enter the park until 6:00. Safari closes at 6:30, and Yak & Yeti closes at 6:50 (even if I was late for my reservation and they accepted my Landry's card and seated us). Both of these are special to me, and since we won't be back for several years, I want to do both. I have another park day and can hop over to AK for the safari, but that seems like so much trouble just for one ride. What to do???!!!

ETA: Actually, when I called, the woman said that they close at 7:00 that night. Their website also says 7:00. The Disney website says 6:50. I still don't think it is possible to do both though.
If you can get a Genie+LL for Safari for roughly 5:30 PM, that would let you pretty much walk on to Safari as soon as you can enter AK and walk back there. And if you could get to AK closer to 5:30, that would give you some buffer to ride and still get to Y&Y on time. Without the LL for Safari, the standby line would be too unpredictable.

If you can get a Genie+LL for Safari for roughly 5:30 PM, that would let you pretty much walk on to Safari as soon as you can enter AK and walk back there. And if you could get to AK closer to 5:30, that would give you some buffer to ride and still get to Y&Y on time. Without the LL for Safari, the standby line would be too unpredictable.
I plan on getting to AK around 5:30, but I still won’t be able to enter until 6:00. I don’t think I can buy G+ since we won’t be using a park ticket that day. We are just doing the MM event.

I plan on getting to AK around 5:30, but I still won’t be able to enter until 6:00. I don’t think I can buy G+ since we won’t be using a park ticket that day. We are just doing the MM event.
Oh, sorry, I forgot that. Hmm. Well, try to be first in line to enter at 6:00 (hope they’ll let you in a little early), hoof it back to Safari, and hopefully the standby line will be short - it usually is, that late in the day. Then hoof it to Y&Y!

And call Y&Y again and ask to move your reservation closer to 6:45?

Is it likely that we’ll be able to enter the park at 6:00 on 9/28? I see the park closes at 7. I am hoping to stop at Nomad Lounge before it closes at 7 but I’m guessing it’s likely to have a long wait?

Is it likely that we’ll be able to enter the park at 6:00 on 9/28? I see the park closes at 7. I am hoping to stop at Nomad Lounge before it closes at 7 but I’m guessing it’s likely to have a long wait?
DAK closed at 7 pm on 8/31 and early entry for the MM event that night started at 6 pm.
Also, is DAS available during Moonlight Magic?
DAS is not available outside of normal park operating hours.

Also, is DAS available during Moonlight Magic?
DAS is not available outside of normal park operating hours.
DAS is absolutely available during special events & extra evening hours. It just works differently. Even the 2 MM events we’ve been at (HS & AK) were each handled differently. You just need to speak with a guest services CM to find out how it’s being handled that night.

For AK’s MM, we were given return time cards at each individual attraction… whereas at HS, we were given one single return time card at a blue umbrella & had to go to each attraction to have them write a return time on it for us. That may seem similar, but in reality it was wildly different bc AK’s could have been obtained simultaneously.

Hi All--- just throwing this out there. I have 2 family members that decided to join us on our family vacation last minute. We are all going to MM on 9/28/2022-- If anyone has 2 people that cancel in their group--- I would love to have 2 of our group meet you to get in to the event. We can meet anytime for check in-- and it can be in the park or outside ( several of us our AP) Thanks for just reading--- and I am really looking forward to my first MM as a DVC member!

Hi All--- just throwing this out there. I have 2 family members that decided to join us on our family vacation last minute. We are all going to MM on 9/28/2022-- If anyone has 2 people that cancel in their group--- I would love to have 2 of our group meet you to get in to the event. We can meet anytime for check in-- and it can be in the park or outside ( several of us our AP) Thanks for just reading--- and I am really looking forward to my first MM as a DVC member!
I can probably help with this. Let me just double check with my group on numbers, but I think I have extra. Edit: Send me a message and we can work out where to meet up (inside the park, I have an AP too).

Last edited:
I can probably help with this. Let me just double check with my group on numbers, but I think I have extra. Edit: Send me a message and we can work out where to meet up (inside the park, I have an AP too).
I can't seem to send you a direct message. I'm not sure why, maybe are you a new DIS board member?

I can't seem to send you a direct message. I'm not sure why, maybe are you a new DIS board member?
Omg — I just signed in on my phone — i can’t figure out how to send a message 😂 i looked at my privacy and it says i can send messages with members. I actually joined in 2006– but usually just read never post!! Tomorrow morning i will be on my computer and try and fix this — otherwise i will just put my email here. And also — thank you so much- this is really awesome of you and happy my brother and SIL can join us!

Omg — I just signed in on my phone — i can’t figure out how to send a message 😂 i looked at my privacy and it says i can send messages with members. I actually joined in 2006– but usually just read never post!! Tomorrow morning i will be on my computer and try and fix this — otherwise i will just put my email here. And also — thank you so much- this is really awesome of you and happy my brother and SIL can join us!

>>***FAQ's***<< incl. AVATARS, SIGS, FINDING POSTS , CAN'T POST etc
"If you would like to send a message privately to another member you will need to start a Conversation. You must have at least 10 posts before you will be able to start or respond to a Conversation."

Here is a thread to up your post count:
Using this board to up your post count-----PLEASE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter