More news & VMK closure thoughts

I contacted Mickeynews.com on Tuesday. They ran a story yesterday(Wednesday) quoting the VMK site about it closing. Then this morning I got an email from mickeynews that said they are checking into it to run another bit about our efforts to save it. :banana: woot!

But if we can't be passionate about the small things in life, the good things that give us pleasure, then what's the point? To a child, this is huge. Just as important as the Chinese human rights protests over the Olympic torch or who gets to sit in the White House. So your grownup "keep it in perspective" is meaningless to them. Those of us who are adult players of VMK, are speaking for the voiceless ones, the children, who have no advocate for them in the real world to speak to the things that matter to them.

Oh, there are many who are their advocates for the serious things like hunger and child abuse. What I mean are the things that can seem trivial to a grownup but will have a child cry him or herself to sleep. VMK closing is just as devasting to them as losing a job would be to one of us. While we can keep it in perspective, I'm not sure the little ones can without at least a sense that we tried for them to save what they love.

So, im a kid. and i played VMK. like i truly played it enough to never want to get off. it really hurts me knowing VMK is closing. and i really like what you said in your message. yes to you adults its not a big deal about VMK closing, But me to and other kids like me, its a huge deal and its very sad and yes i do admit i sometimes would (before VMK actually closed and bit after) cry myself to sleep knowing VMK was closing, or closed. i had a strong friendship on VMK with some of my friends in real that have moved away far away from me. and now, now i have nothing to contact them and just talk to them all the time. because VMK is closed and they dont want to play other games. and when i told my friends in real life about VMK they didnt think it was a waist of time, they thought it was kewl that you could have a whole new friendship with other people around the world. without people judging what you look like, what you do, or what friends you have. and truly i have to say this, but VMK did help me with my social skills in real life. i started being more friendly to people and not so shy as i always was. i came out of my shell and people liked it. and im not sure if its just me (which im sure its not) but VMK helped me with alot of my problems in life. if i was having a hard day at school, i knew i could come home and go to a happy web site where everyone was nice and everything was just awesome and i loved it. and i could escape from the place i didnt want to be and go into a whole new world and just talk with friends or play games or decorate rooms or just chillax with friends. i still think VMK should have told us that they would be closing it sometime later sometime in time when we first signed up for VMK. if i would have known VMK would have been closing, it most likely wouldnt be hard for me that it was closing. but, i still would have been sad for those who did love it very much more than me. but that is a "If" thing. and i do love VMK so much that i am very very sad that it is closed. and i almost dont really want to join another online game, because i dont want to be hurt again. but people should know that Yavn had no control over if VMK was closing or not. so no one should blame Yavn for it. Yavn is so nice to us, for making new things on VMK. we have no reason to be mad at him. and if you disagree with me that we shouldnt be mad at Yavn, thats okay. i respect that. at this moment i wish i could just make VMK real and just hug it forever. and never let it go. Us kids, we miss VMK a ton. and you adults, you probably miss it to some of you. i worked very hard on VMK to get the thing i wanted most, which was Gray Mansion pants,and black mansion pants but not only that, but a Virtaul (well real life somewherein the world) Best friend forever. and i got those things. i may have not gotten the whole gray mansion suit, but i did get the pants, and the full black mansion from my bff. which counts most to me in my heart. if VMK reopens, (i sure hope it does! i wouldnt be mad if it did! and i would take back all my anger about it closing!)i wouldnt even care if we had to start over with pins, furnish, clothing or friends, cause i know i would find all my friends on there sometime, and we could all start over, and just be new VMKers all over again. I LOVE (MISS) YOU VMK!!!

Ellewoodsmile, please don't bump old threads. This thread is 7 months old.

Ev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter