Most famous person from your High School

I live in an itty-bitty town, and to date, there hasn't been a famous famous person to graduate from my high school. "Notables" would be: Nestor Chylak (MLB umpire), Tim Ruddy (Miami Dolphins), Paul Richards (Space Shuttle Discovery). Mr. Richards gave the commencement speech at my high school graduation.

There's at least one pro football player from the 90's. I graduated in '78 so I don't know him. For all you who live in The Villages or have seen him at Disney events, I graduated with Scooter the DJ. He was such a ham then too. Great guy and we're FB friends (personal page) now. We had several US Senator's kids go to our HS too because they lived in the upscale part of our school area which was a suburb of DC. Our school had quite a few high achievers and most everyone I know have been very successful. Someone I graduated with made a huge sum (multi millions) by selling a company he started with two partners. I knew him very well. I dated him for a while. My problem with him is that reading his bio was like reading a fantasy. Most of it was completely made up. He's since lost a lot of the money and is more infamous than famous now.

Archie Griffin, the only 2 time winner of the Heisman Trophy. He was there and gone before I got to HS though.

The most famous people that went to my high school, but they didn't go when I was there are:

Andy Kaufman
Francis Ford Coppola
Nikki Blonski actress in Hairspray she went her freshman year and then transferred to the Village School
Sarah Hughes Olympic Gold Medalist

Andy Kaufman performed at the school while I was attending.

I went to high school with an actor currently on General Hospital. He was a year ahead of me and we seem to have a lot of mutual Facebook friends but I never recall talking.
I watch GH. What's his name?

Mike Tomlin.. head coach of the steelers

Yes I think he graduated from DHS in 90 and I had all ready left a couple years before.

Most Infamous was a guy who I went to DHS with, Juan Edwards, he ended up killing a girl who either was about to testify again his brother or had and the guy from Yorktown who showed Juan his Mercedes, both girl and guy from Yorktown found dead on Crawford Road.

From one of the high schools we had Michael C Hall from Dexter and Randy Jones from Village People (the cowboy). From the other high school I attended we had Clay Aiken, who I actually attended classes with in middle and high school. Very laid back and nice

Besides me?

Nigel Dawes (hockey player)
Reid Carrithers (curler)
You must be from Canada! :rotfl2:

I was just coming here to say that my school was in a WHL town. Of COURSE I went to school with soon-to-be famous people. At least two of the players I went to school with went pro. Kelly Buchburger used to sit behind me in Grade 11 Algebra. He went on to play with the Oilers while 99 was still with the team and earned a Stanley Cup ring that year. (I think it was his first year??? I'm too lazy to fact-check it now.) Theoron Fleury was also on that team. He was a year behind me, but I used to see him when he was leaving chemistry class. He played with the Calgary Flames among others (like the NY Rangers and the Chicago Blackhawks). There could definitely have been other famous players, but those are the ones that I know of off of the top of my head. The guy who was principal at the time is now a current Member of Parliament. (Not sure if that is considered famous or not.)

It was a big (for our part of Canada) high school. I hope that lots of people went on to do great things!

My mom babysat Clark Gillies (New York Islanders) when he was young (obviously). We used to play Friday night pick-up softball at a hamlet (it was too small to be a town) near where we lived and one of the adults that used to come had played with the St. Louis Cardinals "back in the day."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter