Moved from the Budget Board: Salad recipes?? - Graduation party

I did not read through all the replies, sorry if this is a duplicate.
i had a salad last week at a graduation, and it was very good.......so good i got the recipes ( It's super easy) I am making it for our party this weekend

( Sorry my SIL was very vague)
1lb spagetti noodles
1 Cucumber ( chopped, diced if you like it smaller)
1 Tomato ( same as above)
1 bottle Zesty Itailian dressing

cook the pasta, drain and rinse with cold water.
add the veggies, dressing, and toss.
i think adding another kind of veggies would be good too : )

Straberry Jello Pretzel Salad
This ones to die for!

Crust
2 cups crushed pretzel sticks
3/4 cup of melted butter
3 Tbs of sugar

Filling
8 oz pkg. cream chees
1 cup sugar
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 small container cool whip

Jello
1 lrg. pkg strawberry jello
2 cups boiling water
2 samll container frozen sliced stawberries in sugar

Mix crushed pretzels, butter and sugar and press into bottom of a 13 x 9 pyrex dish. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes . Let cool.
Cream sugar and cream cheese together, and the fold in the coolwhip and crushed pineapple. Spread over the pretzel crust.
Mix jello with hot water until disolved. Instead of using cold water to set stir in the sliced stawberries. Let this mixture stand for 5 - 10 minutes and then pour over whip cream layer. Place in refrigerater to set .:cloud9:

I made this at Thanksgiving last year, it was the first leftover to disappear! Seriously yummy. :)

I did not read through all the replies, sorry if this is a duplicate.
i had a salad last week at a graduation, and it was very good.......so good i got the recipes ( It's super easy) I am making it for our party this weekend

( Sorry my SIL was very vague)
1lb spagetti noodles
1 Cucumber ( chopped, diced if you like it smaller)
1 Tomato ( same as above)
1 bottle Zesty Itailian dressing

cook the pasta, drain and rinse with cold water.
add the veggies, dressing, and toss.
i think adding another kind of veggies would be good too : )

My MIL makes something like this, but puts sliced black olives and Feta cheese in it too. :)

My family loves this one.

Ranch Corn Salad

16oz. frozen corn, thawed
1 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
6-8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
3 green onions, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2-1 cup ranch dressing
1-2 jalepenos, seeded and chopped (optional)
1 4oz. can sliced black olives, drained (optional)

Mix everything together and then add the ranch dressing to your desired consistency. Super eaten right away, but even better if left refrigerated for several hours to let the flavors meld. Yummo!:thumbsup2

Here's an easy one that's always popular with my vegetarian nieces and nephews.

Lentil Salad

Cook lentils until they are tender. Mix with several cloves of minced garlic, fresh herbs of your choice, minced red onion, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. Chill.

Cook bowtie pasta
Mix half italian dressing with half mayonaise - to make a dressing.
broccoli florets
shredded carrots
parmesan cheese.
purple onion

Just mix it all together. You can also add any other vegetables that you like. It looks really nice also. I usually put extra parmesan on top.

I'm a dummy...how do you subscribe to a thread?:confused3

Easy! Just go to the 'Thread Tools' button at the top of this screen (not the full screen - just this little page) and click it. The choice "Subscribe To This Thread" will be listed. Choose it nad then you'll be asked from a drop box what type of notification you want.

I just came across this recipe in a magazine... haven't tried it yet but it sure sounds yummy!!

Pizza Pasta Salad

3 cups penne pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
4 tomatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs), chopped
12 slices Oscar Mayer hard salami, chopped
1 cup Kraft Natural Mozzarella Cheese Crumbles
1/2 cup sliced fresh basil
1/2 cup Kraft 100% grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan dressing

Toss all ingredients in large bowl; cover. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

I think I might try substituting pepperoni for the salami. And I don't see why shredded Mozzarella wouldn't work just as well as the crumbled kind.

:laughing:
I just came across this recipe in a magazine... haven't tried it yet but it sure sounds yummy!!

Pizza Pasta Salad

Toss all ingredients in large bowl; cover. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

I think I might try substituting pepperoni for the salami. And I don't see why shredded Mozzarella wouldn't work just as well as the crumbled kind.

I saw it yesterday (probably in the same magazine). I'm going to try this next weekend at the party too.

Easy! Just go to the 'Thread Tools' button at the top of this screen (not the full screen - just this little page) and click it. The choice "Subscribe To This Thread" will be listed. Choose it nad then you'll be asked from a drop box what type of notification you want.

Thanks :teacher: for helping me. Now is just need to learn how to quote more than one post at a time

Pizza Pasta Salad

I have made this and do use shredded mozzarella and pepperoni and it tastes good. The first time I made it I followed the recipe out of the Kraft Foods magazine but then after that I used subsitutes

Mandarin Orange Almond Salad

Romaine lettuce
Mandarin oranges
Slivered almonds
Poppyseed dressing

Easy and yummy!

Light Ramen® Salad
Ingredients:

1/2 cup toasted, sliced, or slivered almonds
4 cups shredded cabbage or lettuce for slaw, about 1/2 pound (packages are available in most supermarkets
1 carrot, shredded
3 green onions, white and part of the green, sliced on the diagonal
1 package chicken or beef flavor Top Ramen® (3 ounces)
Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup apple juice (any fruit juice or nectar can be used)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- Seasoning packet from the Top Ramen® package (see below).
Preparation:
1. Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or medium bowl. Pulse or whisk until well-blended.
2. Add the salad ingredients (including the dry Top Ramen® noodles, broken into bite-size pieces) to a salad serving bowl and toss.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss. Serve!

Yield:
5 servings

Wondering if anyone tried it recipe like that ?

Cottage Cheese Fruit salad

Mix one pint cottage cheese with one small can crushed pineapple and one small can mandarin oranges. Mix in one small box of Jell-o powder, any flavor. Our favorites are strawberry, orange, or lime. Throw in a couple of handfuls of colored mini marshmallows (optional). Stir well, then fold in one container of CoolWhip. Don't stir too hard, or you will deflate your coolwhip, just stir till all combined. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.

Just a hint, but sometimes I add extra fruits depending on what flavor Jell-o I am using. If I am using strawberry, I may chop up and add some fresh strawberries. One year I had some fantastic sweet dark cherries from a local orchard. I used black cherry Jell-o (not sure if they make it anymore) and chopped and added some of the fresh cherries.

This is always a hit with the kids!

Thanks :teacher: for helping me. Now is just need to learn how to quote more than one post at a time

As you are reading, at the bottom of every post that you want to respond to click the button in the bottom right corner that looks like quotes (") with a plus (+) sign underneath. When you have chosen all of the posts you want to respond to, click "post reply" and they will all show up.
HTH! :)

As you are reading, at the bottom of every post that you want to respond to click the button in the bottom right corner that looks like quotes (") with a plus (+) sign underneath. When you have chosen all of the posts you want to respond to, click "post reply" and they will all show up.
HTH! :)

Thanks for your help I'll have to give it a try...I'm such a dummy::yes::

Great ideas on this thread!

One of the salads I like to make in the summer:

--Grilled vegetables (tomatoes, zucchini, onions, asparagus, etc.-- your choice)
-- Grilled chicken
-- Mexican cheese mix
-- croutons

I spread this mix over a bed of fresh greens and serve with poppyseed dressing.

It's always a big hit!

I made the Mediterranean Salad today, it is very good, I'll be making this again.

Thanks OP for the posting of the thread- great summer timing:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter