• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving to Orlando next year

I thought the above was in Orlando

No. They are part of the Orlando metro area, but not Orlando. Orlando is in Orange county. Seminole County is to the northeast of Orlando, while Osceola County is south-southwest of Orlando. Maitland, Winter Park, and Kissimmee are all different cities in a different county than Orlando.

My price point is no more than $1400 a month. Thanks!

You can find apartments near WDW at that price point. However, as others have said, it all depends on where you work, and how long of a commute you want.

I think you have to have 10 posts first? I'll keep checking back. :)

Okay, I'm such a newb, but do reply posts count??? I feel like I am sure I've posted ten times by now. -------- Also, I'm planning on a Disney trip from August 28-Sept 1 (2017). Don't know if you have any free time then, but I would love to meet in person.

There are plenty of nice areas in Orlando. I'd far prefer to live in Orlando over Kissimmee, anyway.

OP, I would find out where you will be working first and then go from there. If you're working near downtown: downtown itself, Lake Eola Heights, Thornton Park, Delaney Park, College Park, Mills 50/Colonialtown, Ivanhoe Village and Winter Park are all good. With the exception of College Park, stay east of I-4.

If you're on the south/west side of town, there are a bunch of new apartment complexes in the Dr. Phillips/Williamsburg area, off of Palm Parkway and Central Florida Blvd. Windermere and Winter Garden (at least south of Colonial Dr.) are good areas as well.

Definitely figure out where you'll be working first or you could easily end up with an 1hr+ commute! If that doesn't bother you and you just want to live close to Disney the poster above mention some good places on west side of town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter