Murphys are back home again! ~ Live from WDW & Universal 7/31-8/6 :)

67D86952-E85D-4C69-AEE1-DBD44668BABA_zpsuihq4szt.jpg

Me and the birthday boy :)

Oh forgot to mention. Try the grapefruit margarita ... Sooooo good!

ED0FCCE3-8BD5-43FE-B581-CD4841265183_zpsd8kakcri.jpg

Last night we could see fireworks from our room. Bad picture though sorry

1D25A783-C5F7-4B6F-8A75-070DE001E233_zps3xigo7ec.jpg

Nic picked Disney springs. For his day :)

We had lunch at deLuxe. His first time. He loved it. They sang HB and embarrassed him to death. Lol

He is obsessed with the new Coke store.

7BF7A551-8849-4D49-96CC-0AE1BB2227FB_zpssxf0qtf8.jpg

D76E3B70-7EE1-4D34-8CF4-6AC5B2F1261A_zpsrrfq6cnn.jpg

0BBDCE08-9BBE-468F-BB5A-519BAFD11AE8_zpscsavrram.jpg

Me and my boy :love:
Love seeing the shots of Sapphire Falls. We just decided to go to universal for three nights at the end of our two week WDW stay in January. I'm booked at SF in two rooms--one for the kids, one for dh and me. Wavering in hotel choice. I could get a parole suite at Portofino or I could do two rooms at Royal Pacific. I think you've stayed at Portofino. Should I stay put or upgrade for express pass and fancier digs?

Love seeing the shots of Sapphire Falls. We just decided to go to universal for three nights at the end of our two week WDW stay in January. I'm booked at SF in two rooms--one for the kids, one for dh and me. Wavering in hotel choice. I could get a parole suite at Portofino or I could do two rooms at Royal Pacific. I think you've stayed at Portofino. Should I stay put or upgrade for express pass and fancier digs?

If you're planning to ride the rides that offer express pass then I think it is definitely worth booking one of the top three hotels. It hasn't really bothered us to not have them because we use single rider lines and they are almost always faster. Also I wouldn't say the others are much fancier. Really only Portofino feels like a deluxe resort. Our room here at Sapphire Falls is pretty much the same as our past rooms at Royal Pacific. Except for club level of course. Actually I like this hotel better than RP. I'm glad we came here and tried it out.

If you're planning to ride the rides that offer express pass then I think it is definitely worth booking one of the top three hotels. It hasn't really bothered us to not have them because we use single rider lines and they are almost always faster. Also I wouldn't say the others are much fancier. Really only Portofino feels like a deluxe resort. Our room here at Sapphire Falls is pretty much the same as our past rooms at Royal Pacific. Except for club level of course. Actually I like this hotel better than RP. I'm glad we came here and tried it out.
Thank you for the lengthy reply Erica. Late last night I cancelled Sapohire Falls and booked a suite at the Hard Rock with Club level! I just think that with only three days there at the end of a trip it will be nice to have breakfasts and snacks looked after and all the beverages we need handled. No wondering how to get breakfast items and water to the room when we have no car. It will be our first club level experience. We usually have a DVC kitchen. First trip to UO.

He informed me that one year from now he will be an adult. I do not like this one bit. :sad:

Don't worry, that's just legal mumbo-jumbo;)

Nic picked Disney springs. For his day :)

We had lunch at deLuxe. His first time. He loved it. They sang HB and embarrassed him to death. Lol

He is obsessed with the new Coke store.

0BBDCE08-9BBE-468F-BB5A-519BAFD11AE8_zpscsavrram.jpg

Me and my boy :love:

Looks like it was a great birthday for you and your "almost adult."

Thank you for the lengthy reply Erica. Late last night I cancelled Sapohire Falls and booked a suite at the Hard Rock with Club level! I just think that with only three days there at the end of a trip it will be nice to have breakfasts and snacks looked after and all the beverages we need handled. No wondering how to get breakfast items and water to the room when we have no car. It will be our first club level experience. We usually have a DVC kitchen. First trip to UO.

Good choice! Club level and express passes are definitely perfect!!! :) Especially since this is your first time. We've been AP holders here at Universal for many years, so we just sort of hit the favorites and come and go in a very hit and miss way.

MK was so beautiful last night I'm still smiling!!!! :love:

We are headed to US/IOA again now. Still have quite a few rides over there we want to do.

Oh, also we just booked fastpasses and dining for tomorrow at Epcot. Got Soarin' and Teppan Edo!! How did that happen??? LOL :p WOOHOOO!!!!

Very nice review. I have been thinking about trying out SF...but I'm so hooked on FP and the time it saves that I'm afraid I'll regret it once I'm at the parks.

Very nice review. I have been thinking about trying out SF...but I'm so hooked on FP and the time it saves that I'm afraid I'll regret it once I'm at the parks.

Yes I agree. If you like express pass you'd definitely miss having it. We prefer single rider so it doesn't really impact us at all. I find single rider to be faster than express most of the time. But back when I was traveling with kids we couldn't utilize single rider so that makes a big difference.

Good choice! Club level and express passes are definitely perfect!!! :) Especially since this is your first time. We've been AP holders here at Universal for many years, so we just sort of hit the favorites and come and go in a very hit and miss way.

MK was so beautiful last night I'm still smiling!!!! :love:

We are headed to US/IOA again now. Still have quite a few rides over there we want to do.

Oh, also we just booked fastpasses and dining for tomorrow at Epcot. Got Soarin' and Teppan Edo!! How did that happen??? LOL :p WOOHOOO!!!!
Wish I were there. Won't pass through the Wdw park gates again until January 2018. Waiting for many of the additions before renewing our APs. Miss it.

Anothe funfilled day!! :goodvibes Just got back from US... wasn't too crowded. We did single rider for about 5 rides and had lunch at NBC grill.

Just having a rest now before heading to MK. I grabbed some last minute fastpasses for SDMT, BTMRR, and Pirates.

Fish tacos at NBC grill were awesome:

21D43973-05FF-4B91-9086-42982A915D93_zpsxavvymr4.jpg

Gringotts was a walk on for single riders. :)

B664B2A0-AA79-4C23-8792-5E61CF7CB050_zpskymt8fzw.jpg

I love the big windows around the elevators:

E9EFF7F7-CD4F-4A46-AA06-8CA10764CD80_zpssfyx3bjn.jpg

Really makes the hotel feel open and airy. :)

1B36979A-8925-4BFA-8FEF-052CCF95773F_zpscpv4jrnu.jpg

I always enjoy reading your trip reports. You were able to book some great last minute FP's. Single rider line is the way to go at US/IOA. Sapphire Falls looks really nice. Happy birthday to Nic. What a great mom you are to take your son to WDW and US for his birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter