Music: What are you listening to??

And for non Christmas - this is the band I am mostly listening to - Amyl and the Sniffers - they are on the verge of taking off I think - seen them 3 times. They are opening for Foo Fighters this summer. The foo fighters saw them and are big fans. The lead singer is a total rock star.
The guitar player is really talented, but takes a backseat to Amy.
The pit at these shows is mostly very polite, but as always you get a few randoms that show up to see a girl in a hot outfit and cause mayhem.

Amazing performance on November 1st - you can see the audience ranges from 18 years olds to grandmothers.
Skip to about 1.15 and she jumps into the audience which is pretty amazing when the venue allows it.

And for non Christmas - this is the band I am mostly listening to - Amyl and the Sniffers - they are on the verge of taking off I think - seen them 3 times. They are opening for Foo Fighters this summer. The foo fighters saw them and are big fans. The lead singer is a total rock star.
The guitar player is really talented, but takes a backseat to Amy.
The pit at these shows is mostly very polite, but as always you get a few randoms that show up to see a girl in a hot outfit and cause mayhem.

Amazing performance on November 1st - you can see the audience ranges from 18 years olds to grandmothers.
Skip to about 1.15 and she jumps into the audience which is pretty amazing when the venue allows it.
She kind of gives me Wendy O. Williams vibes.

Sad that Shane MacGowan passed away a few days ago.
Damn.. living in the states you miss these things I guess.

Was just talking to family there yesterday and I cant believe this did not come up but with everything else going on in Dublin...

:(

Sad day, but he somehow survived this long which is pretty amazing.

If you can access the NYTIMES they did a full obit and several articles on his career and its effect on musical output.
There was a procession though Dublin today.
1000s showed up, its great to see him getting the respect he deservers.
There was a time (much like Sinead O'Conner who probably saved his life years ago) where he was sort of looked down upon, especially in trad music circles.

Here is one video that was not too bad - the crowd sings dirty old town at the end.

There is also video of the crowds singing Fairytail of New York

Sad times, but great to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter