My "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL (& PARADE)COASTAL CALIFORNIA TRIP REPRT" DEC'13

On July 24th 2013, I really didn't know what to do but what I did know was that I could walk and have Ladybug go out with me.

We had some ground rules to establish:

1) NO TREE SNIFFIN'.
2) NO TELEPHONE POLE SNIFFIN'.
3) NO TALKING TO YOUR FRIENDS - WE ARE HERE TO WORKOUT.
(part of the area that we walk has homes w/backyards - 3 of which have Dogs)

and most importantly,
4) YOU CAN CHASE AFTER OTHER CRITTERS OF THE WOODS BUT U R NOT ALLOWED TO CATCH THEM.

Now of course Ladybug :rolleyes:
goes out of her way and still goes out of her way to break every single above mentioned 'rules' but oh well, that just adds to the excitement cuz we don't just walk:

*** WE FAST WALK ***popcorn::
-(yes, we do make a stop for that "P" word every now and then as I always have with me my little green plastic bag and three paper towels) -;)

This fast walking is in addition to me doing what I consider to be average to intermediate Cardio (Monday through Friday) for anywhere from 4-6 hours daily. I say that wide time range because it varies daily depending upon my mood that day but nonetheless, YES - it's between 4 to 6 hours daily 5 DAYS A WEEK now.:woohoo:

But anyway, we fast walk....

(we both do stretching excercises for approx. 10-15 minutes before we go a flying out that door with me helping her as well 'stretch' - which usually consists of me throwing her chew toy around the house and up the staircase with her running after it, etc )

.... for 1 hour and 15 minutes with me switching back and forth between how fast walkers walk versus just walking as fast as I can with me thrusting out my legs as far as I can. I have an "attitude adjustment pole' I have in one hand (just in case we have to use it for any reason) and her retracto-leash in the other. We do this on weekends only.:goodvibes

Yes, she is on approx. 8 foot teather which just gave me fits when we first began all this (in relation to her trying to tree raccoons, squirrels, possums, foxes, stray dogs, stray cats and THANK GOSH we only have spotted one skunk!) but I am getting better in reacting to her as while all of this is going on, I am also trying to move my arms constantly while I am fast walking and she is for better lack of words, jogging.
- (she thinks she can fly and catch those things called "Birds" - TOO FUNNY TO WATCH) -

The terrain (course) I picked out has all kinds of surfaces; from level, un-even, downhill, uphill - no name it & it has it.
We stop half way through to hydrate (and to rest for about 2-3 minutes) and then we hydrate again at the end.:goodvibes

I have recently begun to massage her hands, feet, head and back at the end of the day that we do this (which is twice on Saturdays & Sundays) w/then a LEISURELY walk to & from the post office & its local surroundings close by in the am on both days as well & she just loves it - she gets what she wants & I get what I want.:thumbsup2
- (we still head out to the Post Office Monday through Friday (when I get home from work) but its not leisurely .....it's a REAL QUICK "up & back" to the Post office only as I am just wanting to get her some excercise at the same time I am doing my 'best' to decompress from work) - :upsidedow

Speaking of Ladybug, here is her favorite tv show:
www.companionsforlife.net/

and his program is basically centered around. ... The Bond · Dogs & Kids · Learning from Dog & Cat Training with Joel Silverman · Personalities.:goodvibes

ANYWHO -

This went on for the first two weeks of my journey until I began to 'see' another one of Ali's pearls of wisdom from her show and I began to implement it during my week three & WOWZERS!! - did my body ever hurt!! but I am now to the point of increasing just a wee bit (in about another week or so) of what I am doing & I don't hurt as much...as its now a good hurt - hope that makes sense.

Now what additional wrinkle have I added??:confused3
(I think it would be termed a "core" workout /excercise)

STAY TUNED - popcorn::

UP NEXT: Getting Disneyland underway

T.T.F.N.:goodvibes

Here is a little blip from the files of yours truly to getcha back in the Disney mood that I feel will hold cha over until next Monday -
(meant for a giggle)

ENJOY -:goodvibes

January 2009 -

#1) I was just beginning to get immersed in All things Disney when I entered the middle elevator Deck 3 of the Disney Wonder.

My TR from the adventure:
"MY VERY 1ST TRIP 2 WDW / DISNEY WONDER" 01-07-09 to 01-15-09 (w/pics & video)
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2062857
MY ADVENTURES by Disney "Spirit of America" Sept 2009 trip report ...
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201584 - Cached

ANYWHO -

and I see two people in the elevator w/one being a young man in a white turban w/ short cropped black hair wearing what looked liked white 80's parachute jump pants.

To me,
he just had that look like he was some Prince from overseas.popcorn::

WAIT!!

It gets better......
So,
me ...........:rolleyes1

wanting to continue to be in the Disney frame of mind -
and friendly too........

NOT REALIZNG WHO HE IS.....................

proceeds to strike up a conversation using what Arabic I knew.:headache:

HE meanwhile,
throw up his hands frantically & says,

"ENGLISH, ENGLISH!!"

So, dummy me switches languages (back to Engish) with he and I having the most 'funnest' 2 minute elevator conversation I have had in years (couldn't figure out WHY the other person in the elevator was trying sooooooo hard to surpress from laughing).:scratchin

FLASH FORWARD 6 month later -

......and I FINALLY watch 'that' Disney movie!!

......and slowly realize..........

WEll........

I will let you fill in the blanks!!:lmao:

MAN..................did I ever feel silly!!:headache:

BUT WAIT!! THERE IS MORE!!

#2: March 2010 ABD vacation out to Anaheim
(Disney related)

I asked Goofy one evening how big are his feet (implying what size shoe does he wear).
He threw back his hands with each out as far as he could, as if to say he caught a fish "this big."

I asked him again, he repeated.

FLASH FORWARD
later on that night at an ABD going away dinner

I asked the cartoonist (who was drawing him for me - my fav Disney character), the same ? since I thought Goofy was telling me "a fish story".....or two.:goodvibes

The Animator................
literally looked over her glasses and said to me ...........

(in a P.C. way of course as she said the essense of):

"DUDE.....HE IS A DOG........ THINK ABOUT IT."

***************** DOH !! *********************

ok......thanks 4 allowing me to confess -;)

Until next Monday -
T.T.F.N.:wave2:

I need to catch up on your posts! Been busy with real life.

I did wander into one of your old TRs....you should warn me if cruise ships are involved. I get horribly seasick! :sick:

I need to catch up on your posts! Been busy with real life.

I did wander into one of your old TRs....you should warn me if cruise ships are involved. I get horribly seasick! :sick:

What is fun is to be jogging or walking on deck four of the ship extremely late at night and you hear thunder off in the distance but you can't see it as what's off on your right is just pitch black......

THEN you look back onto the deck of the ship.
Talk about testing one's sense of balance.popcorn::

ANYWHO -
my theme for the week of week 6 of my weight loss adventures is BELIEVE....

(video shot while out at DISneyland; March 2010)
** DOUBLE CLICK W/YOUR MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

** "EDITOR's NOTE:" ** Yes, I did visit DL in the spring of 2010 via a well known tour group, but the overall presentation of her was IMHO, very hurried, rude & downright unprofessional & extremely un-DISney like.:mad:
Therefore, I have really blocked that 1st timer visit literally outta my mind - thus u can c why I really am looking forward to this visit to see her next December 29th.....:santa:
feel free to follow along with that adventure of mine in the below listed TR u willl c in my signature.

ANYWHO -

....since it was during the later portion of my week 5, I received my very first unsolicited complment from someone about my weight loss, I also learned PROPERLY how to........ 'do something' in relation to my weight loss & I also was DOING SOMETHING that even surprised myself during that week as well- such that it really has helped me significantly improve my game as I feel it has really taken me to the next level in my quest to be a better me.:goodvibes

But again, that was during week five.

What caused me to see that I could do this
was during week three that I feel I began to just stop reacting to what occured to me (being in shock over the series of events that occured in my life mid July) and I thus began thinking how to go about it via Ali's tv program.

Moreover, through a stroke of luck, I now have for better lack of words - an "old school" universal weight machine...........

well before I get into that, let me break a wee bit and post my weight loss totals for the week ending week 5::upsidedow

My weight loss totals ending week 5 = 6 pounds:woohoo:
(almost had it at 7 but ended the week at 6)

Total weight lost = :wishthirty PLUS 4 = 34 POUNDS TOTAL!!:cheer2:

Total weight loss goal this week = 3 pounds
Now, about that universal weight machine........

So, that machine is now sitting in my garage now turned into a rec room and this is what I use for my (hope I am saying this right) 'Core workout' on weekends with Ladybug decompressing out in the backyard - (after we do our twice a day fast walks) - doing her thing as I began to work out on it beginning at the 25 pound weight level.

The only negative thing about what I was doing was .....
well...........
um..................

I was working out at 30 minutes, not pausing in between stations and only doing 3 sets of 6 reps!!:crazy2:

I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!
I deserved to have all of you slap me on the wrist -:upsidedow

But hey, through watching "Live Big with Ali Vincent" show last week, I have now realized the 'error of way ways' :blush:
and corrected all but the 30 minutes issue.:thumbsup2
(more info on this in about 1 to 2 weeks, I promise)

I have slowly cranked up the time I spend on them and am very proud to say that I am up to 45 minutes with a homework assignment if ya will to slowly get it up to one hour in lenght.
I bring with me my I-pod and watch, set my I-tunes on medium sound level and just have fun out there as after the 2nd workout, I began to see my mind my wandering around the room and fixing itself on a Hollywood picture called , "Hollywood Drive-in" which is a framed picture of dead Hollywood stars milling about in a drive-in move theatre.

I use that as a motivating device
(Dec 31st I will be in the Hollywood area) as before I know it, my mind moves back and forth between that and the music I am listenig to via 'Shuffle."
(I also use a lot of mental imagery thoughts and just have a blurred focus if you will on the object in front of me) - hey whatever works.:woohoo:

and of course, we can't forget I also keep a very watch full eye on Ladybug to make sure she isn't getting in the way of me working out.

I wish I could bring in a small towel but I can't (to wipe off the sweat) since L.B. has her eyes set on 'pouncing upon, killing & hauling off to nibble on' any towels that she sees (LOL).

So, it's just me and that sweat.
(no worries as I also make sure the handles on the machines stay dry)

Afterwards, she & I play for a while out in the backyard before I mosey (another 'word for the day' :rotfl:) on up to the shower and set the shower head on "rain-forest" and just have fun duplicating the rainforest room on the Disney Wonder cruise ship.

But it was during on my core workouts during week three
that the Josh Groban song, "Believe" came on from the I-pod shuffle (from the movie, "Polar Express") and that made me pause and think.

I have come from outta nowhere to somewhere in just three weeks -:yay:

All because of Ali's tv show - **** WOW ****:goodvibes

Thus, this song is now on all of my burned cd's I listen to (in my car to & from work) as I feel it was during week three I stopped guessing and began believing -

Not only in Ali's message

but -

also in me.:)

So, what a more beautiful way to end this posting than to post some of the words from that song:

"Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate
Believe in what you feel inside
And give your dreams the wings to fly
you have an inner beauty
If you just believe

if you just believe
Just believe
you'll have everything you need
if you just...
just believe."

Thank you Ali :littleangel:
Ali's Mom
YOU,

and of course, we can't forget -

Ms. Ladybug XXX11paw:
(yes, that is her legal name)

P.S.
Will keep you updated on my DISneyland plans (I may break in this week and quickly blog about it I dunno just yet), & just what in the world did I do during week 5 of my weight loss journey that surprised even myself??:confused3

HINT: To those of you watching Monday's tv episode that had the part about the Rose Bowl.......it has 'something to do with that.';)

DETAILS COMING UP - popcorn::

TTFN:wave2:

Just.Believe.

Congrats on the weight loss.

Great clip. I'm sitting here being teary by the Wishes music.

(pic of Goofy - my FAV)

Cuz something magical has happened!!:goodvibes

Read on and see.:smickey:

T.T.F.N.

Just.Believe.

Congrats on the weight loss.

Great clip. I'm sitting here being teary by the Wishes music.

All I know is that when I pass on from this great Earth, I am going to kindly ask for a rule to be implemented and that one is:

;)** ALL PLAIN M&M'S BE DECLARED 'FAT FREE' **;)
(I love those!!)

But about the theme of castles & music....

Seeing that evening for the very first time
the fireworks, the castle, EVERYTHING - I just stood there.......
mouth open...........
eyes wide....................
and crying.

It was so cool!!:cool2:

(can't wait to see the movie, "Saving Mr Banks") - some 'old friends' of mine out at DL; March 2010:goodvibes

This is the day I have been longing for quite a long time as it has always been a dream of mine to make a return adventure into the land that Walt and friends built & it has now arrived!!::yes::

**** IT NOW HAS FINALLY BEEN BOOKED ****

Pic shot while out at DL; April 2010

So to those of you who are wanting to know just about anything there is to know about Disneyland, DCA, Catalina island, tours of Disneyland & DCA, crowd levels at this time of year, Advanced dinner reservations (like Blue Bayou and some wine/food tastings, spa treatments at Disney's California hotel, Universal Studios backstage tour, celebrating a birthday, NYE at Downtown Disney, etc OR just wanna have fun following the antics of yours truly :upsidedow -

feel free to follow along in my below listed trip starting with "MY Adventures in Disneyland, Catalina Island...." in my signature area below.popcorn::

cuz I plan on a hittin' the ground a runnin' & enjoying all there is to see.:goodvibes

ANYWHO -

Have just added a little something new Monday through Friday while at work that involves adding a little more to my weigh loss quest. -

DETAILS COMING OUT MONDAYpopcorn::
along with end of week 6 weight loss totals.

Hmmm......I think Ladybug :tongue:
is also an avid watcher of the "Live Big With Ali Vincent" tv show cuz she sure is making sure I don't do that when we both are out and about.:thumbsup2

More on that in a moment.
But first, about that unsolicited compliment about my physical appearance from week 4 of my weight loss journey.:goodvibes

So, anywho - here I am at work answering some Hotel-related questions from a very nice female Guest of ours when suddenly in mid sentence she switches topics and blurts out, "Say....you look like you have been losing weight!":thumbsup2

MY INITIAL RESPONSE??

:blush:

But I quickly recovered and replied back to her a very heartfelt
:thanks: -

- as I relayed to her briefly what lead me to do this & who I owe it all to
(Ali Vincent's Tv show).

Hmmmmmm......note to self - when this occurs, I MUST BE onto something good!!::yes::

And so, that spurred me onto doing something completely different in my week 5 of my weight loss journey but before I get into that, here are my weight loss totals ending week 6::yay:

My weight loss totals ending week 6 = 6 pounds:woohoo:
(almost had it at 7 but something about me retaining a lot of water weight after a work out):confused3
- (YES, I remain WELL HYDRATED all throughout my workouts) -

Total weight lost = :wishforty:banana:
- (hey.....who knew that banannas can dance??) - :laughing:

Total weight loss goal this week = TWO to THREE pounds

** YES, I AM DISCOVERING THAT I AM LOSING WEIGHT TOO FAST SO I AM IN THE PROCESS OF INCREASING MY CALORIC INTAKE WHILE MAINTAINING MY 7-DAY WORKOUT ** HOPE TO HAVE MY WEEKLY LOSS TOTALS MORE IN LINE WITH 1-3 POUNDS A WEEK ** DETAILS TO FOLLOW BY NEXT WEEK'S INSTALLMENT **

ANYWHO -

So her compliment spurred me onto doing something different during week 5 as I was beginning to realize Ladybug is always walking just a little bit faster than my "fast walk" so............

.....why not begin jogging??:goodvibes

And jogging we began with me SLOW jogging (about 5 - 10% of a faster pace than our fast walk) during week 5 as it was also during this time that I also began to see another thing improve in my physical appearance:

90 to 95% LESS PUFFY EYES 'LOOK" & LESS 'DARK CIRCLES" LOOK UNDER MY EYES*:thumbsup2
- (okokokokokok.....I will admit it was the sodas getting CUT that has lead to my eyes looking soooooooooooo;) much better) -

Now THAT IMPROVEMENT really made my day!!:dance3:

BUT......here is where is gets a little 'unusual' about Ladybug & I jogging.
and it involves my ever wandering mental state of mind while I am working out.:confused:

DETAILS TO FOLLOW -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.:goofy:

Ok - so where did I last leave ya?:confused3

Oh yes - about my wandering mind while working out.

So here is was 2 weeks ago that L.B. paw:
& I began SLOW jogging while we were working out on our cardio part of our workouts when I decided (after receiving that compliment) to complete the whole 1 hr 15 min fast walk 'course' all while jogging!!:yay:

BUT - mind you part of the course entails jogging UPHILL for 30 minutes!!:scared1:

Hmmmm.......

Don't know why but with making sure L.B. & I didn't get tangled up with each other, watching out for evening critters from the woods, oncoming auto traffic, etc -

I found myself literally jogging flat footed on one section that has a particular steep incline IMO.

NOT GOOD:sad2:

When , suddently out of nowhere
popped (KID U NOT)

popped this circular floating head of.....
none other than Ali V :littleangel:
floating around in my mind.....
kinda like Madame Leota.:goodvibes

SERIOUSLY.

And she 'said' to me with her eyebrows down and frowning,
"STEP UP!":mad:

I immediately physically responded (and verbally)and I tell ya what -
that first weekend of me now doing squats (while weighlifting & working out) combined with jogging uphill for 30 minutes straight =

** WOWZERS!! **

Did that ever get my attention.

FYI - I think what "Ali" was trying to tell me what to step off with my toes rather than my heel while jogging. Whatever the case may be, it worked.

So, should you ever see me out jogging with Ladybug paw:and appear to be muttering to myself -
NOW YA KNOW:laughing:.

(hey - like I said earlier...whatever works)

But wait!! Now ladybug is getting in on the fun with what she has pulled during week 6 while we are out jogging our 1 hour and 15 minute course (I have added a little extra on it to still equal 1hr & 15 minutes).

More on that next week.popcorn::

UP NEXT:
Getting ready for a small road trip to Dublin, Texas (Saturday Oct. 5th)
pics & video where I can - I promise.:goodvibes

- Including some full shots of me so all of you so kind enuf to be readin' this blog can track my progress now visually -

and
my weight loss total for ending week #7
( :mic:I am trying to get it more in line with a 1-3 pound weight loss a week....who knew losing weight could be soooooooo confusin'?;) ) - I apolgize to all on this - hey I am new at losing weight and keeping it off.:o

P.S.
T-minus 118 more days & I am off to the ROSE BOWL!!:woohoo:

great weight loss.

My participation is going to be spotty over the couple of months. I'm about 10 days away from my vacay and I don't like checking in when I'm away. Afterall, I spend so much time on electronic stuff that when I'm on holiday, I really want to get away from it all.

I expect you'll have hit the 60 lb mark when I get back. :thumbsup2

great weight loss.

My participation is going to be spotty over the couple of months. I'm about 10 days away from my vacay and I don't like checking in when I'm away. Afterall, I spend so much time on electronic stuff that when I'm on holiday, I really want to get away from it all.

I expect you'll have hit the 60 lb mark when I get back. :thumbsup2

Got back from the Doctor's office this week and got SoME:rolleyes1 good news and then some even better news about what I am doing. Read on for for info and by the way - def have fun on your adventures as I am also having fun reading your TR.:goodvibes

Hmmmmmm......there is something just over the horizon for me & I wonder what it is

So, as Captain Jack would say -

"NOW BRING ME THAT HORIZON!"
NYCPICS-SEPT2012382.jpg

(check out who is in the center of this pic!!)

I am choosing to post an update today about my weight loss quest and other things as my quest to get rid of it and maintain a healthy balance got modified a wee bit this week as I checked in with my family doctor to see what's up and to track my progress.:upsidedow

I received some great news and then some better news - which was 1) that I was doing great and just fantastic in my weight loss and to keep up the great work as my overall weekly weight loss goal is to be anywhere between a 1 to no more than 3 to 3.5 pound a week weight loss.

2) Everything 'checked out' as normal.:thumbsup2
3) NOW, I just need to increase my caloric intake above my normal daily caloric intake to keep up with the demands of my 7-day a week now cardio & core workouts.

(WHAT??:confused3 And I thought I was doing a fairly good job of doing this!!::yes::)

So.......I have put out a "A.P.B." or sorts on Ali Vincent's 'Live Big With Ali Vincent" Facebook page on getting suggestions on what to ingest (liquid and or food) after a workout - and yes I welcome suggestions from all as I really am having fun doing this - popcorn:: -
and still have a strong extreme desire to not only lose weight but to KEEP IT OFF while maintaining a healthy body.:cool2:

And yes - I also welcome other ideas / suggestions (on healthy quick and easy meals 2 prepare, etc) as well cuz I tell ya what, when I roll on over into the San Fran , Pasadena, etc area in a few more weeks, I really wanna celebrate!!:yay:

BESIDES.....even Ladybug pluto:
is now getting in on the act as even her food is now being measured.;)
(just to make sure that she is continues to be on par where she needs to be) -

ANYWHO -

SO, all in all - a MUCH better week for me in losing weight (hey, it's a learning process :goodvibes ) as I am continuing to watch what I eat while now actually increasing my daily caloric intake but at the same time, NOT WANTING to be eating 'bad foods / liquids' so I can maintain my quest which yes - u r close - I do expect to drop 2 more pants sizes before I leave for SO CAL.:cheer2:

ANYWHO -

More weight loss update on Monday while I am now preparing for a small road trip into the Dublin, Texas area (October 5th) -

So be on the lookout for me to see:

1) Ben Hogan Museum (I love golf)

2) www.dublinbottlingworks.com/
(to see how soda pop is made & bottled):yay:
and this is also where Dr Pepper was made until early 2012 when the Snapple beverage Corporation bought it / took it over.
2a) see the history of Dr Pepper soda in their annex part of the building & a huge collection of Dr Pepper stuff.

3) 'Chigger Ranch Food house' (to catch me some lunch)

4) Veldhuizen cheese Family Farm
(to do some cheese tastings, see how the cheese is made & then bring home some cheese to go with my wine):drinking1

*and lastly, I am on the prowl to find some good road munchies to go with this *
(it's a 2.5 hr drive each way) **

Hey - who knew with my weight loss and all, that I would be "living life on the edge?" AKA - visiting a soda factory and a cheese farm.:)

- (and I love jalapeno cheese OR Pepperjack cheeses) -

STAY TUNED -popcorn::
weight loss total for the week ending week #7 coming up on Monday & how Ladybug & I are doing, upcoming Disneyland plans, etc.

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS:smickey:

(one of the many pictures I have in my rec room /close to my Universal Weight machine that I use as an motivational)

...it's off to Hollywood I go!!:goodvibes
Looking forward to it as this past week had many highs and lows - with the best part that YES
heading into Monday nights weight loss totals........

I AM AT A 3.2 pound weight loss = MUCH BETTER!!:thumbsup2
-(I feel much better as I have had to increase my overall caloric intake mainly on before & after workouts; will give details Monday) -

All this and much more coming up in Monday's update.popcorn::
(including what NOT to feed a dog when it comes to calories):confused:

P.S. - Ah.......to be on Pier 27 right now in San Francisco.:cloud9:
** GO TEAM USA!! **:woohoo:

Great job on the weight loss.

4 days for me.

It hasn't come easy but the journey is fun, very enlightening and downright rewarding as I am beginning to see just how much dang fun life can be.

Read on for more details....popcorn::
(p.s. have fun on your upcoming adventures)

ANYWHO -

So, Ladybug & I are out jogging very early (3am) this past Sunday am and while we were passing the neighborhood library, I needed to properly dispose of shall we just say, the now very full green plastic bag.

Now the Library is built with 4 brick jagedy-looking columns to either side of the entrance followed by a trash can on either side of the entrance as well.

So, as we are jogging by, I decided to have some fun with this and play a little basketball with Ladybug's 'gift' and attempt to shoot a basket with her....... um....... you know........

** STUFF;) **

From about 12 feet away.popcorn::

Well, the 'basketball' of stuff went in the basket.....wait -
I meant to say trashcan.....

and -

promptly bonked a fox on top of it's head!!:lmao:
(I think he/she was trying to find a late night snack)

Well,
this sent the fox madly scrambling out of the trash can and when it was doing this, out popped its friend in the other trashcan and both of them were madly scrambling also not only outta the trashcan but also out of range from Ladybug's teeth.paw:

Now, me? I was freaking out and yelling while Ladybug promptly went after both of them who were now scrambling and wilding were running back across the street and back into the woods nearby.

Approximately 2 seconds later, I hear a rather LOUD "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" ing sound followed by a rather loud hissing sound coming from our left and I was beginning to be pulled into the direction of the escaping foxes.

IT WAS A CAT who was watching the whole thing unfold.popcorn::

Me and now in mid sprint - changed directions and went back to my left as I watched the cat try to climb the nearest tree.......

It was one of those brick columns of the library!!

The cat made it about 5 feet up off the ground before it lost its grip on the brick and fell back to the ground.

NOW-------here we are -

bad visual -

the two foxes are now in the lead running across the street to escape the cat
who has NOW PASSED US
and is chasing after the two foxes
followed closely behind a rather ticked off Ladybug :hyper:
who is trying to catch all of them
followed closely behind a rather confused but content me
who is enjoying all of this.

-WE DIDN'T CATCH THEM -

FYI - Now the only thing that was missing from this screwball comedy were the local city police who normally hang out in the library parking lot (in their cars) to run radar overnight....:lmao:

ANYWHO -
Later on, as we were jogging, I turned towards Ladybug & replied,

"See, this is why I always carry an 'attitude adjustment' pole" (pointing to the steel pole I carry in my right hand):rotfl:

** WOWZERS !! **

WHAT A WEEK IT HAS BEEN!!:eek:
Experienced not one but SIX freakin' very stressfull situations (most at work), literally have bloodied my nose in the process of my weight loss journey, put Ladybug on a weight loss program, treating her for an ear infection -

AND

to top it all off.....

:mad:HAVE HAD TO CANCEL MY OCT 5th TRIP TO DUBLIN TEXAS!!:headache:

WHY U ASK??

Because someone where I work at mis-calculated on her EDD date and now has pushed up her date BIG TIME!!

SO, me trying to do the gentlemanly thing, chose to step forward and in a quest to keep the peace in the office, chose to cancel my short day-trip to the land of "cheese and soda."

I AM JUST GOING TO BE -:sick:.
(I ALSO chose to step forward and fill in for her while she is out on maternity leave which means for the next 60 days, I AM GOING TO BE VERY VERY VERY busy!!). ah well - this just means more incidental $ for me when I go to SO CAL in 110 more days!!
:woohoo:

ANYWHO -

THEN, I was hearing it from all sides about do's and don't on weight loss (even from reading from the internet about tv shows that promote this) and such -

even from former contestants (Biggest Loser, Extreme Weight Loss, etc).

And even from well meaning people coming up to me at work ("don't drink this, be drinking that", etc).
- (no I wasn't refering to people who work where I work at) -:goodvibes

I got
to the point that I just wanted to bloody scream & to tell EVERYONE to SHUT THE 'H" UP!!:furious:

That and a gallon of BLUE BELL cookies and cream ice cream
AND a bag of plain m&m's would have helped.......

But I knew to logically calm down and logically think all of this through and remain focused on my overall objective who is to lose weight & keep it off.

Even came back from "Chilis" restaurant for lunch today & surprised myself by eating grilled chicken, broccoli with a side order of a mini-salad.

LOVED IT!!

So, anywho -
I am back on track (did not stress eat ONCE these last 7-8 days) , love what I am doing and hope that this weekly journal of sorts is providing real feedback to those to are trying to lose weight.

Ladybug has lost a pound of fat this week as well - which is good.

Hey - speaking of that - here is what NOT to feed a dog when it comes to calories.

COMING UP NEXT -popcorn::
MY weight loss total for ending week#7.

T.T.F.N.

SO here
we are at Ladybug's appointment with her 'Gynocologist' and during everything, she is advised to take better care of her teeth.

This sends me into a tailspin (since I love dogs and animals) so while out and about last Saturday, I see at out local Walmart dog food section a small bag of dog looking bones (I don't feel its appropriate to say the brand name) that are good to help clean a dog's teeth.

The only thing I will say about the bag of 'dog looking bones' is on the lowest part of the front of the package it clearly says, "DENTAL."

SO, niave me buys them -
Now here is Ladybug already at a pound weight loss IN 5 DAYS!!
(I didn't know that previous to last Tuesday, I was over-feeding her)

I feed/give her two of these things over a two day period (subtracting them out of her overall allotment/measurement of food) and in one FREAKIN' DAY, SHE GAINED A POUND!!:faint:

OK -
so lets just say that Monday am of this week, those things were thrown away!!

She is doing much much better and will also let all of you know how she is doing with her weight as well.

Speakin' of which, here are my weight loss total for week ending #7.

I am seeing that I have had to increase my daily caloric/fiber/starches/protein and what not by approximately 20% but mainly before and after my workouts, I have had to increase my intake of food/liquids 80% to bring me more in line with reasonable weekly weight loss.

It's tricky to understand what works and what doesn't as I feel that I am literally running blind on this topic but what IS IMPORTANT is that I am getting through it and have a wonderful support group where I work at and am very grateful for Ali Vincent's overall message.

There may be weeks that I go over my weekly weight loss objective -
some weeks I may "blow it" -
but I feel that I now have what it takes to take this puppy to its proper conclusion.:thumbsup2

Lookin' forward to showing all of you my NYC video of me (shot in the NBC Studios September 2012) that IMHO, best represents the "Before" picture of me -

Also, looking forward to showing you some pictures of me just before I leave for SO CAL.

ANYWHO -
about my weight loss total for ending week #7

My weight loss totals ending week 7 = 3.8 pounds:woohoo:

Total overall weight lost = :wishforty:banana:
PLUS 3.8 = 43.8 pounds!!

Total weight loss goal this week = upwards to 3.5 pounds.

Having fun doing this but still feel totally bummed out from not being able to take a small time-out of sorts in 3 weeks and celebrate; from aggressively paying ahead on my home mortgage since November of last year to my weight loss.......

Wish me luck in trying to find something and somewhere to celebrate before my Rose Bowl adventures - I welcome feedback/suggestions about this cuz I feel like I am gonna bust.:blush:

UNTIL NEXT MONDAY -
(will also update then on my Disneyland plans)

P.S.
Just heard over the radio that Six Flags Over Texas Officials are FINALLY re-opening the "Texas Giant" roller coaster after almost 60 days of a safety review and have officially concluded that the fatality that occured on July 22nd 2013 was NOT due to mechanical issues....:scratchin

T.T.F.N.:goofy:

40 lbs! WOW!

I probably won't be checking in here again before I go. Will catch up when I return. Have fun!!!

Wow Kris!! What a great job you are doing with your weight loss!!

I'm so impressed!! You are lucky in that you are a man and because of that you'll lose more weight, and faster than women do, due to the muscle to fat ratio. :thumbsup2

I know you are probably getting this from all sides, but I will mention a couple of things I've learned through research, trainer, and experience.

When you have more to lose you'll lose it faster at the start. Even more than the typical 2-3 lbs., caloric intake is a toughy, you have to figure out what works for your body, exercise level, and what will help you maintain enough muscle that you aren't hurting yourself. Sounds like you have that down pretty good. :thumbsup2

Also, and this is in no way trying to get you to quit working out as hard as you are, but it is important to have a days rest in there somewhere. It helps with your over all workouts during the week, and it also helps for your body to recover from all that you are doing, in turn it also helps with your weight loss. A lot of people wind up hurting their body when they don't rest it enough. I've had to find this out the hard way. :rolleyes:

I found, for my body if I didn't rest when it told me to, I'd pay for it dearly in the end.

You are doing such a great job!! I'm so proud to have another fellow Texan doing it!! And you are doing it, Kris!!! :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3:

Keep up the great work!!

40 lbs! WOW!

I probably won't be checking in here again before I go. Will catch up when I return. Have fun!!!

Ah.....I am soooooo jealous of ya!!:goodvibes Take plenty of pics and can't wait to read about your adventures -popcorn::

Wow Kris!! What a great job you are doing with your weight loss!!

I'm so impressed!! You are lucky in that you are a man and because of that you'll lose more weight, and faster than women do, due to the muscle to fat ratio. :thumbsup2

I know you are probably getting this from all sides, but I will mention a couple of things I've learned through research, trainer, and experience.

When you have more to lose you'll lose it faster at the start. Even more than the typical 2-3 lbs., caloric intake is a toughy, you have to figure out what works for your body, exercise level, and what will help you maintain enough muscle that you aren't hurting yourself. Sounds like you have that down pretty good. :thumbsup2

Also, and this is in no way trying to get you to quit working out as hard as you are, but it is important to have a days rest in there somewhere. It helps with your over all workouts during the week, and it also helps for your body to recover from all that you are doing, in turn it also helps with your weight loss. A lot of people wind up hurting their body when they don't rest it enough. I've had to find this out the hard way. :rolleyes:

I found, for my body if I didn't rest when it told me to, I'd pay for it dearly in the end.

You are doing such a great job!! I'm so proud to have another fellow Texan doing it!! And you are doing it, Kris!!! :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3:

Keep up the great work!!

** ANOTHER PIC FROM MY PAST **
Having fun on the TRILOGY II catamaran
Picture047.jpg

(me at the helm in 28 knot winds at a 'slow' 8.5 knots w/1/4 of the main up)
Nov 2011 in Maui

** AND LOVIN IT **
(POST SCRIPT: OUCH!! LOOK AT THAT STOMACH AND THAT ROUND FACE)

Flash forward now to 2013 -
I tell ya, there is nothing more "funner" than getting cleaned up after a long workout, throwing down a few gulps of Vitamim Water and a slice of chicken breast followed by just chillin' out with Ladybug on the living room recliner while listening to relaxing music.:goodvibes

And by the way, a huge
Thanks for the compliment and words of encouragement!!

Though
What got me emotionally & logically upset these last 2 weeks or so was alllllll these things I have been doing for years (thinking that it was ok) then seeing that I need to change......

changing and then seeing that what I thought was ok (while changing) STILL needed to be modified (NOT GATOR-AID but enstead drink this drink called Vitamin Water for example as Gator-aid has sugars, etc) just drove me up the wall.

Then all of this also transcended onto poor ol Ladybug - ie - what I thought I was doing all these years in relation to animals was also incorrect.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!:mad:

So, it has been one incredible nutrition/liquid learning curve for me these last few weeks but I am very happy I have busted through it (no sense in me harboring hard feelings about this against my Mother & Dad....LET IT GO) and let it go I have and feel that I am very shortly away from dropping another pants size.

This journey that I am on is not only a lifestyle change but a transformation of a better me and it just feels so dang nice. To look a life now from a completely different point of view, to have that extra extra bounce in my step, etc just really brings all of this to the next level.

AND to think, pizza and cheese sticks used to be a part of my vocabulary.;)
Now, it's chicken salads and substitutions whenever I cook.:yay:

It has even brought me so much more enjoyment when I cook as well.
But yes, again thank you for your kind support and I do welcome your continued support & input.

oh and yes.....
I DO PLAN on also taking me a picture of how much seat/lap belt is LEFT OVER when I get strapped into my airline seat on December 29th.
Now THAT OUUGHTA be cheap entertainment for me......
watching people's reactions to me taking a picture of myself - LOL -
(thank you for the suggestion via your TR)

ANYWHO -

Losing my 'top' was easy.....
......but what about my 'muffin'??;)

From what I am finding out and seeing, losing that ever dreaded "Pooh-Sized":eek:
look to my waistline is harder than it looks but after 8 weeks, I am SLOWLY seeing that my 'muffin' look to my waist is slowly starting to be reduced.

WHICH IS FANTASTIC!!
and, thank gosh I have FINALLY broken than elusive 1 hour mark in lifting weights. I believe what helped was Ladybug NOT;) "finding" anything more to chew in the rec room and bring it to me as a present.
Now she mainly plays in the backyard with her every now and then checking on me to make sure I didn't turn into a statue or what not. - LOL -

But hey, what about my weight loss totals ending week 8?

Without further adieu, here they are

My weight loss totals ending week 8 = 4.1 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday September 16th)

Total overall weight lost = :wishforty:banana:
PLUS 7.9 = 47.9 pounds!!

Total weight loss goal this week = upwards to 3.5 pounds.

Biggest excitement from these last 7 days:
Nothing more fun than jogging at 3am Tuesday of this week and seeing a City Police Helicopter circling a 5 block radius followed by some cop cars sectioning off the streets - my best guess is they were trying to find someone.:3dglasses
Kept me and L.B. on our toes while we were out & about.

But hey, between escaping foxes from Library trashcans to humans on the run from Police, that just makes our workouts that much spicier.;)

Allrightee -

I am still on the lookout to see what I can pull together for a last minute whats-its if ya will before I head out to SO CAL in about 99 more days, will let ya know what comes of this.

L.B. got a bath today, mani-pedi, ears cleaned, flea sprayed
and a full body massage afterwards from yours truely. Anything for my jogging partner.:cool2:

UP NEXT:
Doing the double digit dance, weight loss totals for week #9 & hmmmmm.....could U of M make it to the Rose Bowl??:3dglasses

AND

AM I THE ONLY ONE 2 N-O-T YET SEE THE DISNEY MOVIE, "MONSTERS UNIVERSITY??"
(ok......I gotta see it)

****from DCL; Jan 2009 I call, "BE PATIENT KRIS! .....BE PATIENT KRIS!" ****

ANYWHO -

ok.......I have HAD IT!!:mad:

SO in regards to the wacky world of what to eat or drink & what NOT to consume -:mic:
I had a big learning curve on it yesterday when in the rhealm of chips and cookies.

Per se,
I love chips! I love to bring the whole bag to the kitchen table and SLOWLY nibble on them along with my meal. Been doing that ALL my life.:upsidedow

AND.......

About these last 18 months or so, I go to a local sandwich shoppe (once a week) and grab me a 6-inch sandwich and 4 choc chip cookies.

I eat 2 cookies after the meal and then the other 2 the next day.

AND HERE COMES THE WORD BUT......

But.......

I am noticing that I am STILL eating approx. TWO TO SOMETIMES THREE servings of chips DAILY when I eat a meal that involves chips as a sidel!!:sad:
(RRRRRR!!!! READ THE BACK OF THE LABEL...READ THE BACK OF EVERY FOOD ITEM!!!!)

No wait!!

There's more.:upsidedow

I THOUGHT I was doing better by only eating 2 cookies twice a week for an after meal snack / dessert........
and.........
I just saw yesterday that JUST ONE
of those buggers IS 220 FREAKIN' CALORIES!!!:furious:

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) So, after careful thought, I have decided to change course on this and start dare I say.......COUNTING OUT 10, yes 10 chips with each meal I eat that involves chips and if still need more, only count out 5 additional chips.:goodvibes
(max daily intake of chips now = no more than 200 calories)

2)and NO MORE visiting that sandwich shoppe once a week!:cool1:
Enstead, I will now make a (chicken) sandwich at home with 10-15 chips and something reasonalble to drink and NOT EAT a cookie or even two afterwards - I now will eat a 'little something' about 90 calories worth.........

So, this oughta shake up a wee bit not only to my lifestyle change but also my weekly weight ins.:)

I am also seeing that this is not the first time NOR the last that I will be experiencing this (this is a journey with highs and lows) but to acknowledge your feelings then move forward.:cool1:

And moving forward I am.::yes::
(just discovered the "Wish" sections of DISboards.com & love what I see):yay:

Allrightee all -

Thank you for allowing me to vent.:p

On a different note, in the wacky world of the Rose Bowl :cheer2:
is concerned - going to be fun to see who seperates themselves from the rest of the pack these next few weeks......

and
I kindly threw at ALI VINCENT'S Facebook page a challenge to see if she wants to post her weight on Facebook (she doesn't want everyone to know how much she currently weighs which IMHO, She lost 114 pounds on the 'Biggest Loser' competition 5 yrs ago (from 234 pounds to 120) and now she currently IMO, weighs approximately 140 to 145 pounds as I am taking also into account her marathon training these last 12 months or so....

(all you have to do is look at her pictures of her right after she won the 'Biggest Loser' competition to seeing her pictures now & take a fairly good educated guess)

All of this started on her most recent tv show where she wanted to zip line but didn't want the cameras (NOR YOU THE TV VIEWER) to see how much she weighed before hand........

So, IMO
she seems to have an issue with owning this; which is what in part of what she promotes inside her 30 minute tv shows...
IE: Being proud of who you are.

So, should there be enough support from others on her Facebook page
(and /OR even from this blog),
I have no issue posting my current weight, weight I was at at the height of alllllllllllllll my family unnessary melodrama, my waist size at my lowest pont in all this, how many inches I have now lost & if necessary, a week by week journal of my weight loss ever since I started this (which I was going to do all of this anyway in late December.....remember??)popcorn::

All of this is meant in good spirited fun and hopefully in the process, Ali will be a little more open about what she promotes as YES - I still support her.
:littleangel:

UP NEXT:

How Ladybug is even getting in on the game of weight loss.paw:
CYA WEDNESDAY -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter