My December / holiday trip wish list - I am missing anything?

They are only there a day or two prior to Christmas Day. It’s never posted in advance - it’s a Guest Enhancement at the Deluxe and DVC Resorts.[/QUOTEwe
They are only there a day or two prior to Christmas Day. It’s never posted in advance - it’s a Guest Enhancement at the Deluxe and DVC Resorts.
They were there taking photos during the second week in December on our last trip. Dec 7-14 is when we visited.

Bummer. I will be at DW the second week in December. I guess I'll have to start planning for a Christmas trip next. :-)
You may luck out as I’ve seen them there taking photos earlier in December. Agree with hero though about there not being a announced schedule.

Try to catch the Voices of Liberty in the rotunda at the American Adventure. All Christmas (and Hanukkah) songs and just beautiful!

And the gospel group Joyful is a lot of fun in Future World.

Your Epcot plans are a lot like ours when we went. I think our Candlelight Processional night was my favorite of the trip. We ate at Biergarten and really enjoyed the food and the show (Christmas themed). We were lucky enough to get Neil Patrick Harris as our narrator for CP and enjoyed it thoroughly. And we got a FastPass for IllumiNations and had a perfect view. The holiday tag on the end of the show is wonderful.

Are you doing the dessert party for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam? I highly recommend it! Great fun!

We ate at Biergarten and really enjoyed the food and the show (Christmas themed).

I was torn between doing breakfast or lunch for my CP Dining Package but you have convinced me to try for Biergarten!

And we got a FastPass for IllumiNations and had a perfect view. The holiday tag on the end of the show is wonderful.

Thank you for the FastPass reminder! This is an adults-only trip so we are not doing any rides at EPCOT. I will definitely use my FP for Illuminations this time!

Are you doing the dessert party for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam? I highly recommend it! Great fun!

I was thinking about doing the JBJB Dessert Party but I have 6:20 pm dinner reservations for Minnie's Holiday Dine. That is a LOT of food!

I am *only* doing WS on my EPCOT day and will skip the Frozen ride (BTDT). Will I not have enough time to do all the storytellers?

There are 11 Countries, each with a Storyteller (American pavilion has had 2 in the past) . The schedule of when they appear can be difficult to try to coordinate a smooth tour around WS.

I would say that UK, France, Italy and Norway would be the MUST do. Mexico, Germany and Canada as try to do.

Following! We are going 12/14-12/20, so I had some of these on our list but hadn't thought about the storytellers in Epcot or sleigh rides at FW. Thanks for the great ideas!

I found another event! - The Gingerbread Academy at the Boardwalk Inn. I have not seen any info for this year, yet, but according to several blogs it was $125 for up to four people.

Since you plan on going to the Grand Floridian for the gingerbread house, make sure you hear the orchestra playing Christmas tunes and the piano player playing sets in between.

Since you plan on going to the Grand Floridian for the gingerbread house, make sure you hear the orchestra playing Christmas tunes and the piano player playing sets in between.

I LOVE the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra! I wonder if they will play holiday music during December?

Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree – Chip and Dale are collecting ornaments for their Christmas tree. Similar to the Remy statuette scavenger hunt during Food & Wine, and the Easter Egg hunt for Flower & Garden, guests can purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations and travel the World Showcase looking for the famous chipmunks with their ornaments. Guests can return their completed maps for a festive surprise, courtesy of Chip and Dale. Maps are available for $5.99 plus tax.

I've not heard of this but it sounds fun. Anybody know what the surprise is at the end? You can PM me if you don't want to give it away.

I'm assuming you are focusing totally on Disney, but OMG to I love SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration and feel like they own Christmas out of the big three (Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld). Their park to me is on the one that is most festive and puts me and my family most in the Christmas spirit (The season is always crowded in Orlando, but their park also feels a little calmer and not quite as crazy crowd as Disney parks over the holiday). If you can manage and extra day you won't be disappointed. https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/christmas-celebration/

Depending on your itinerary and budget, I'd do an uber over to their park and back and go for a day. Don't get me wrong. You will have an absolutely wonderful time just focusing on Disney. Just mentioning this, as it looks like you are really looking for special Christmas related fun and having been to Orlando so many times over this time of year, this time and time again is our favorite.

I'm assuming you are focusing totally on Disney, but OMG to I love SeaWorld's Christmas Celebration and feel like they own Christmas out of the big three (Disney, Universal, and SeaWorld).

YUP! This is totally my December/bday Disney World bucket list. (My bday falls on a MVMCP day.) I lived in Florida for 13 years before we moved to Texas. We have a SeaWorld here in San Antonio (although the one in Orlando is bigger and nicer.) Someday we'll move back to the Sunshine State and I will go back to SeaWorld and Universal, but as long as I have to pay for a plane ticket I'm sticking to the Mouse!

Not sure if anyone has said this yet but fort wilderness has some really cool decoration

YUP! This is totally my December/bday Disney World bucket list. (My bday falls on a MVMCP day.) I lived in Florida for 13 years before we moved to Texas. We have a SeaWorld here in San Antonio (although the one in Orlando is bigger and nicer.) Someday we'll move back to the Sunshine State and I will go back to SeaWorld and Universal, but as long as I have to pay for a plane ticket I'm sticking to the Mouse!

Welcome I'm here in SA too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter