My side of the Gay Day Story 2008

So now we're baby stealers? :confused:
What ta.... :eek:

I get this every year. Halloween we go big. I give out really good stuff (because I remember what is was like when I was a kid) and we go full blown on the decorating. We even have people who call their friends and tell them they just have to come look. Anyway, every year we get a handful of parents who force their children to keep walking past. They always say something within ear shot to the effect that "you can't trick or treat from them" "How can they be allowed to pass out candy" ect. :thumbsup2

So I hate to say what happened to you Don does not surprise me. Piss me off , yes but surprise no.

(one year we got even nastier remarks because we had the Chihuahua dressed in a festive party dress. He is a boy, I didn't see anything wrong with it)

I get this every year. Halloween we go big. I give out really good stuff (because I remember what is was like when I was a kid) and we go full blown on the decorating. We even have people who call their friends and tell them they just have to come look. Anyway, every year we get a handful of parents who force their children to keep walking past. They always say something within ear shot to the effect that "you can't trick or treat from them" "How can they be allowed to pass out candy" ect. :thumbsup2

So I hate to say what happened to you Don does not surprise me. Piss me off , yes but surprise no.

(one year we got even nastier remarks because we had the Chihuahua dressed in a festive party dress. He is a boy, I didn't see anything wrong with it)

Right - because we give out that "Turns You Gay Candy"-
Pixy stix right? Or was it pop rocks?

I really think the problem could be solved if Disney did let people know ahead of time. So the people who aren't comfortable being around gay people could go on a different day.

Why should Disney do such a thing?? Do people live in a bubble? There are all types of people in the world and if disney has to start announcing when there might be a group that another may be offended by then I guess they will be notifiying all day long every day.
I think the problem would be solved by people just minding their own business, and just be accepting of fellow human beings............enjoy their own life and kids or whatever and stop worrying so much about things that don't even affect them.

what an awful experience. When I hear about things like that, I just remember these 2 things.
1. The money she paid for her park tickets goes to support the same sex bennefits Disney ofers
2. Had she had the balls to complain to a CM, she would have been told to deal with it or leave anyway. Disney will back you up 100%, not her

I have heard little things here or there at the parks, but nothing like that. Quite frankly, anyone who would make a statement like that obviously just simply has no clue about the LGBT community Disney as a company fosters.

Go back to the buyous, hold your shotgun close, and read the old testament. You don't belong at Disney. Sadly, the kids were the real victims here

Why should Disney do such a thing?? Do people live in a bubble? There are all types of people in the world and if disney has to start announcing when there might be a group that another may be offended by then I guess they will be notifiying all day long every day.
I think the problem would be solved by people just minding their own business, and just be accepting of fellow human beings............enjoy their own life and kids or whatever and stop worrying so much about things that don't even affect them.

Here, here.

If you go to Disney looking for something to ruin your vacation, you will find it. "Fat people on ECVs that don't need them", "kids in strollers who should be walking", "kids walking who should be in strollers", "cheerleaders", "Brazilian Tour Groups", Japanese Tour Groups", "Red Hat Ladies", etc etc etc.

Honestly, I have no idea if people are anything other than tourists, like me. I don't want to see people playing tonsil hockey, or smacking their kids, or causing any type of scene, but I really don't notice a whole lot when I am there. I see people on scooters, in wheel chairs, pushing strollers, holding hands, etc. I see it when I see it, but I can't tell you right now what I saw in the last hour.

I do think some people really go out of their way to find the "bad" stuff and then make it into such a big deal. I feel badly for them, they are missing out on so much joy and happiness.

Right - because we give out that "Turns You Gay Candy"-
Pixy stix right? Or was it pop rocks?

Nope Skittles.....taste the rainbow....... :rotfl:

Maybe I should give out 3 musketeers.....

(actually we do organic juice boxes, jones soda, real size candy bars)

You have to be taught to hate and she's giving her kids an education that they'll suffer with forever. It's amazing that we can happily live our lives and then something happens to remind us that hate will always be there.

Wow
I'm coming to your house!

I be the ghost in the 800 count, 100% egyptian cotton, aubergine sheets.

Where do you live? I want to bring my kids to trick or treat at your house. Very few houses in the area fully decorate. And we just love it. I think inflatable things in ones yard is just tackey. Well, last year, I bought an inflatable haunted house. People can walk through it. I couldn't resist. It was one of my many "deployment gifts (things I wouldn't normally spend the money on, but since hubby was deployed, I felt entitled). I absolutely love it. I'd love to see pics of your house decorated. Sorry about those uneducated people. Glad you don't let it ruin your holidays.

:scared1: Did you report this? At my work location, this man would be on the unemployment line pronto!

As it happened the owner of the store was standing nearby when I loudly told him I didn't want to hear anything like that ever again. He didn't hear what was said to provoke my ire and said, "shhhhh...." because I *was* pretty loud. I didn't realize he was nearby in the first place, but when he said that I said he needed to tell this other individual to keep his racist mouth shut. Which he promptly did -- I overheard him saying that he could be SUED. Which, sadly, is the only reason he was reprimanded in the first place. I'm afraid the owner of the store has similar sentiments, he's just better able to keep his mouth under control.

I have to listen to Disney music on my ipod just to block out the hate. :3dglasses :3dglasses (fyi -- I put up with it because i'm in a place of opportunity where I can learn from a jewelry master .... this situation won't last forever, believe me. I'm on to bigger and better, baby!!)

Where do you live? I want to bring my kids to trick or treat at your house. Very few houses in the area fully decorate. And we just love it. I think inflatable things in ones yard is just tackey. Well, last year, I bought an inflatable haunted house. People can walk through it. I couldn't resist. It was one of my many "deployment gifts (things I wouldn't normally spend the money on, but since hubby was deployed, I felt entitled). I absolutely love it. I'd love to see pics of your house decorated. Sorry about those uneducated people. Glad you don't let it ruin your holidays.

Well I do have one of these http://www.buycostumes.com/7-Animat...e-with-Rising-Zombie/29353/ProductDetail.aspx

My girlfriend had to have it! It takes up a good bit of the driveway. It really is not the focal point just more to look at I guess. Tonight i have to finish up the soundtrack for the ipod. I have out door speakers to play it on. We are almost done getting ready but w e do not put anything out until the day before.

You should come and see! It is a very busy night!!! I live about 30 mins north of PGH. Let me know and i will pm you!

Hi Everyone

I enjoyed my trip to WDW Gay Days a few years ago, Me and my friend just felt "alone" in our solo red shirts at the DVC Beach Club Villas bus stop, when compared to all the red shirts in the parks. Where do all the gays stay?

Personally I would like the WDW Gay Days to be held in early May, when it is a little less hot and less crowded. Maybe Early November ? But that isn't going to happen. I will have to try the Disneyland California Gay Days next.

The best part of my WDW Gay Day Weekend Experience was leaving Hollywood Studios (then MGM Studios) to go back by boat to the Boardwalk Area:

Two Young Adult Gay Teachers wearing Red Shirts, had become very friendly with a large Brownie Troop waiting in line for the boat ride. On the boat ride the two guys and the Brownie Troop sang all their favorite songs, and many others on the boat joined in as well. At one point the boat picked up a different captain, who was very surprised to see smiling, singing, happy, people at 11 PM. The entire boat laughed at the captain's reaction. It was at that moment I was very proud of these two guys, I wanted them to be the poster boys for Disney Gay Days.

Phil

Well I do have one of these http://www.buycostumes.com/7-Animat...e-with-Rising-Zombie/29353/ProductDetail.aspx

My girlfriend had to have it! It takes up a good bit of the driveway. It really is not the focal point just more to look at I guess. Tonight i have to finish up the soundtrack for the ipod. I have out door speakers to play it on. We are almost done getting ready but w e do not put anything out until the day before.

You should come and see! It is a very busy night!!! I live about 30 mins north of PGH. Let me know and i will pm you!

I really like that one. It reminds me of the haunted mansion.

I am SO Trick-or-treating in your neighborhood. YUM -- Jones Soda!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter