NBA Playoffs, what ya think who ya got (Thoughts)

Denver, you should be proud.

Here we go!

Miami might have woken up Boston. Uh oh. It is going to be in the eighties here tomorrow, probably the last time this year. So I might be a second half girl for game six. Bring it on.

Didn't happen. He's going to have to put me on iggy for at least a week. :)

HAHAHA Watch these so-called in the know pundits
I believe most of these guys predicted the Warriors to roll over the Raptors. It was such a fait accompli that when fivethirtyeight's analytics predicted the Raptors to win, they didn't believe it.

Point being - don't listen to these guys for predictions. Listen for the analysis and buddy-buddy humour.

Top 3 players that elevated there status after the playoffs (so far)

1. Tatum
2. Bam
3. James, it dont look like he lost nothing after 17 years, and it pains me to say this

I would agree with Bam but not the other two, they were already there. Jamal Murray should be on that list.

I would agree with Bam but not the other two, they were already there. Jamal Murray should be on that list.

you know i thought about Murry he definitely uped his vaule , but he didnt make my top 3 because some of the games, he wasnt a factor. But if you want to put him in isntead of James, im good with that, it killed me to put him on the list

Yeah, Tatum was already recognized. If anything the fact that he couldn't will his team to the finals still put's a question mark on him in terms of being the guy. Plus he got his shot blocked on a dunk attempt by Bam in the final second costing them a crucial game.

And Lebron is Lebron. already GOAT of this century.

Jamal Murray helped himself tremendously.

1. Bam
2. Jamal Murray
3. Tyler Herro

Lebron may be the GOAT of this century but he definitely needed help to get to the Finals as many times as he did. Only did it once by himself in 2007.

Top 3 players that elevated there status after the playoffs (so far)

1. Tatum
2. Bam
3. James, it dont look like he lost nothing after 17 years, and it pains me to say this

you know i thought about Murry he definitely uped his vaule , but he didnt make my top 3 because some of the games, he wasnt a factor. But if you want to put him in isntead of James, im good with that, it killed me to put him on the list

I thought low-key's point was about the constant chatter about whether LeBron could still bring it. Going on about age and drive. And of course adding the constant about how he is too unselfish and doesn't have that dagger feeling of Kobe and Jordan.

(And on the last point, he is definitely a different player than them. Brings a different game.)

Well that is what I thought low-key meant.

So if we are talking about players that stood out in the bubble LeBron deserves that tag. I believe the Finals, Lakers' success I mean, will be all about whether Davis' game is there. And if it wasn't for LeBron's play in their previous rounds I personally don't think Davis would be in the Finals to showcase whether he can bring it, or not.

Last edited:
Who ever did it on their own and didn't have help?

Jordan had Pippen and Grant/Rodman
Kobe and Shaq
Bird, McHale, Parrish
Kareem, Magic Worthy/Oscar Robertson

The first time Lebron made it to the finals, he had no supporting cast like he did with the Heat and then the 2nd stint with the Cavs afterwards. I'm referring to putting "super teams" together instead of doing it organically via the draft and stuff like that.

I'm referring to putting "super teams" together instead of doing it organically via the draft and stuff like that.

I get it.

And I honestly thought there was no turning back from super teams.

But there was no team with the super with the Clippers.

And Toronto, OKC, Miami and Denver's play in the bubble might bring a change. I am hoping.

The first time Lebron made it to the finals, he had no supporting cast like he did with the Heat and then the 2nd stint with the Cavs afterwards. I'm referring to putting "super teams" together instead of doing it organically via the draft and stuff like that.
I don't really see being organic through trades as any great accomplishment for the player because it's so GM and franchise dependent.

Bird was lucky he had Red Auerbach who was able to trade junk to get the pick for McHale and Robert Parrish.

Magic was lucky he landed on a team that had Kareem and had Jerry West who somehow was able to trade for the lottery pick for James Worthy.

Lebron was unfortunate that he ended up with the Cavs who have a pretty horrible organization and clueless but extremely lucky owner. The reason the team was trash was because the owner and GM had no idea what they were doing and are not in the league of Red Auerbach or Jerry West.

Kawhi in a walk year with a new coach? It's worked before, so...

Doubt it.

Toronto didn't give up much to get Kawhi compared to the Clips. Lebron had just left the East. There was a power vacuum and a legitimate shot to get to the finals. It was a move with a high probability of at least getting to the Finals.

The West was tough to get out of even without Lebron. And now the West with Lebron, and the Clips were still dumb enough to give 10 times what that the Raps gave up. They don't have a real draft pick till 2027.

I agree with all you said. Other great players did with thiere team, lebron had to team shop, some says its ok, other dont like him for it, I am in the latter. But one of the greatest players ever

As for Doc, I read the p;ayers on the team were mad at Doc for giving superstar stus of missing games to George, they understood about leonard but felt Georhe not that type of player to all his shots

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter