NBA Playoffs, what ya think who ya got (Thoughts)

Roller coaster? That's only because they routinely lose game one. Which resulted in a blip that made you briefly go "uh-oh", but realistically nothing to be concerned about.

Not concerned 😊

But.. up by 33 points.. then a Nets run in the third to narrow to a 6 point lead.. then a fourth quarter come back for a 24 point win... a roller coaster.

Nonsense.

They couldn't win with certain personalities no matter which way they decided to go into these playoffs.

It will be a tough load for any team without hometown crowds and the added bubble dynamics. I am excited to see. I truly feel that teams in these conditions that have left holes in their rosters and especially in team dynamics will be highlighted rather quickly with these distinct circumstances.

----------------

I just love first-round matchups. Just the best.
Last year was epic in the West.

Can't wait for Indiana and Miami;
Mavs and Clippers & Houston and OKC.

Boston and Philly would have been a good one but Simmons out has somewhat changed that for me. Hoping to be surprised.

the first round always has a couple surprises, I like it to

Not concerned 😊

But.. up by 33 points.. then a Nets run in the third to narrow to a 6 point lead.. then a fourth quarter come back for a 24 point win... a roller coaster.
Over and over on Orlando we've seen the Raptors let go of a 20 to 30 point lead...they're really prone to easing off the gas in the 3rd. It's a little nail-bitey but they always get it going again in the 4th. :cheer2: I loved today's game!

the first round always has a couple surprises, I like it to

Has not disappointed.

I do miss the crowds but not as much as I had imagined I would.

Some random thoughts -

Porzingis ejection - absolutely criminal! It drives me crazy that some players can push it day in and day out with the refs, with nothing done and then obscene calls like that are made.

Remember when Duncan made a facial expression? Laughing.

Oh man Boston's looking strong, especially after getting rid of Brooklyn's "prize". I could watch Walker, Tatum and Brown all day long. Blasphemous of me, I know. :drinking1

And speaking of Brooklyn's prize, Pop would get him in order. Well would try. Miracles do exist.

I wonder how Horford's feeling. No sarcasm. And not that it is any of my business but I would have said bye-bye to Brown last year.

Houston, watch out. Holy crap. And with Westbrook not in the mix.

Indiana and Miami did not disappoint. I really love watching the teams that no one is talking about.

Portland. Portland. Portland. Can not wait for game two. Lakers' bench needs to get it in order. I guess Lillard gave it to Skip.

Hey @bcla new video for Ujiri. Such a shame, some moments you can't get back. Robbed.

And there is nothing like seeing pure joy in action -

Crap! Taped Lowry's, Gasol's and Vanvleet's kids doing their intro but it won't load. What a lovely moment.

(But what an UGLY first half today.)

And finally -

Below is Jessie Reyez singing O Canada for game one. My suite in the picture. Can't quite see if I am home. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Has not disappointed.

I do miss the crowds but not as much as I had imagined I would.

Some random thoughts -

Porzingis ejection - absolutely criminal! It drives me crazy that some players can push it day in and day out with the refs, with nothing done and then obscene calls like that are made.

Remember when Duncan made a facial expression? Laughing.

Oh man Boston's looking strong, especially after getting rid of Brooklyn's "prize". I could watch Walker, Tatum and Brown all day long. Blasphemous of me, I know. :drinking1

And speaking of Brooklyn's prize, Pop would get him in order. Well would try. Miracles do exist.

I wonder how Horford's feeling. No sarcasm. And not that it is any of my business but I would have said bye-bye to Brown last year.

Houston, watch out. Holy crap. And with Westbrook not in the mix.

Indiana and Miami did not disappoint. I really love watching the teams that no one is talking about.

Portland. Portland. Portland. Can not wait for game two. Lakers' bench needs to get it in order. I guess Lillard gave it to Skip.

Hey @bcla new video for Ujiri. Such a shame, some moments you can't get back. Robbed.

And there is nothing like seeing pure joy in action -

Crap! Taped Lowry's, Gasol's and Vanvleet's kids doing their intro but it won't load. What a lovely moment.

(But what an UGLY first half today.)

And finally -

Below is Jessie Reyez singing O Canada for game one. My suite in the picture. Can't quite see if I am home. :rotfl2:

View attachment 519967
Edgewalk is on my "after I win the lottery" bucket list.

The intros were awesome, and hats off to the Suns staff for coming up with the idea.

Good bounceback game from Brooklyn. They never pulled ahead far enough to make me worried, but I hope it's a wake up call for the Raps..

Good bounceback game from Brooklyn. They never pulled ahead far enough to make me worried, but I hope it's a wake up call for the Raps..

Today's game shows what a gem Nurse really is and in tandem the gold we have in Ujiri to take that chance.

----------

I am so curious to see Brooklyn with Durant and Irving. Due to strong personalities it really is hard to tell. On paper absolute gold and optimism. But Boston and Philly have had all the ingredients on paper the last couple of years and didn't make it happen - so it is not all talent. I said that to a DISer two years ago when he was pre-spouting galore about Boston.

On paper and in action are not the same animal.

My Lord Brooklyn is scrappy.

Let's hope Kyrie can one day get over himself and not adversely affect his team. If not, so much talent wasted.

_______

Thanks OnceUponATime15. I am going to watch it again. Lowry's face is priceless. Those kids were bang on, so cute.

Last edited:

Maybe not his year, but Dallas team of the future

Tatum espically he has become top 10

Mavs beat Clipper, they should be up 2-0, is Doncic the biggest star in the league ?

Mavs beat Clipper, they should be up 2-0, is Doncic the biggest star in the league ?
He's definitely A star, but hardly the biggest, and not even the biggest Euro star in the NBA. But one thing I am certain of - when the time comes, he will Get Paid.

He's definitely A star, but hardly the biggest, and not even the biggest Euro star in the NBA. But one thing I am certain of - when the time comes, he will Get Paid.

Who's a bigger current Euro star in the NBA? I agree that Doncic is not the biggest star in the NBA yet, but he may be well on his way. He has the flair to keep people interested, and the skills to potentially end up winning games. All of his stats improved dramatically over his Rookie of the Year stats a year ago. I'm sure the Kings are kicking themselves daily for taking Bagley over him, almost like the Trail Blazers picking Sam Bowie one pick before Jordan back in the 80's.

I almost thought maybe the Sixers could beat the Celtics, but then Ben Simmons got hurt before the playoffs.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter