• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New AbD promotion

wdwsos

DIS Veteran
Book Select Adventures by Disney Vacations Now
And Get a 3-Night Disney Cruise FREE*!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOOKINGS OPEN MONDAY, OCTOBER 26.

Offer Details:
Receive a FREE* Disney Cruise Line® 3-Night Bahamian cruise with the purchase of select Adventures by Disney departures between Oct. 26, 2009, and Jan. 15, 2010.

Travel Window:
This offer is valid for select Adventures by Disney land packages at the non-discounted regular rate departing before Oct. 2, 2010. Visit www.adventuresbydisney.com/freecruise for a complete listing of eligible departures.

Booking Window:
Oct. 26, 2009 – Jan. 15, 2010

~~~

I'm wishing I could rebook all of my clients who already have 2010 trips!

Dotti

Seriously!!!!

I assume this isn't going to do us any good for our trip?

Sayhello

I'm checking right now, but they normally won't let us combine promotions and our departure date isn't listed. Since I already have a rate lower than the brochure rate, and our extra perks, I doubt it. It's frustrating though -- I'd like the cruise myself!

Dotti

OK, that is just not right in my humble opinion. First, they take away EBD, then they say the best prices are first come first serve, then they make a free cruise offer 2 months later??. I also think putting a discount in Travel and Leisure equal to returning guest discount, isn't the best way to treat your loyal customers. We have not booked for 2010, and could take advantage of the promo, but it just doesn't seem the way to be treating people. I know that the Spirit of America dates are the ones with the lowest bookings so far, because we have checked on it. I also realize Disney is in it to make a profit, and has every right to do what they want. However, it just doesn't seem like they are treating people in a manner that makes them feel like their patronage is appreciated, and make them want to book early. Just my 2 cents.

Personally I do not like this promotion. Going on a 3nt cruise isn't really going to save me money with tips that have to be paid, the extras you end up doing on the ship and airfare to Florida it will end up costing me more than just taking the ABD.

I would have preferred a straight out discount on ABD itself but then Disney wouldn't be making more money by getting you on the ship

Joan1,
You make excellent points. This is a way for Disney to keep on making the $, and keep us spending. However, I think the fact they are giving a promotion, after indicating the best deals came for the people who booked firts, it not well done on their part.:cloud9:

The date for my trip is not listed so the deal wouldn't help me, beside the fact I am already going on a 3nt DCL cruise that I recieved as an incentive when i added points with DVC.

Book Select Adventures by Disney Vacations Now
And Get a 3-Night Disney Cruise FREE*!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOOKINGS OPEN MONDAY, OCTOBER 26.

Offer Details:
Receive a FREE* Disney Cruise Line® 3-Night Bahamian cruise with the purchase of select Adventures by Disney departures between Oct. 26, 2009, and Jan. 15, 2010.

Travel Window:
This offer is valid for select Adventures by Disney land packages at the non-discounted regular rate departing before Oct. 2, 2010. Visit www.adventuresbydisney.com/freecruise for a complete listing of eligible departures.

Booking Window:
Oct. 26, 2009 – Jan. 15, 2010

~~~

I'm wishing I could rebook all of my clients who already have 2010 trips!

Dotti

Well, I guess raising the price helped them fill up the tours. :sad2: I hope this works for them.

We are booked on the first Alaska cruise in 2011. We are also trying(fingers crossed) to get on the MV of the Dream. We love to cruise DCL. However this ABD thing is super cool too!

We knew that backing both those cruises we would be limited for 2010. The thought of not cruising until 2011 is too much and I REALLY would like to do the BSM Adults only trip....

Well enter this new offer....not bad however I will not recieve my returning guest discount and there are no Adults only BSM going before the Oct 2nd 2010 travel requirement. Not sure what we are going to do and I REALLY want to take advantage of this!

We shall see...

We are already booked for the July 1 Spirit of America trip. This is our first ABD trip. Is there anyway that we can still get in on the free cruise or at least get some of the incentives?

We are already booked for the July 1 Spirit of America trip. This is our first ABD trip. Is there anyway that we can still get in on the free cruise or at least get some of the incentives?
Well, it never hurts to call ABD and ask, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. My guess would be that the only way you could get it would be to cancel your reservation & re-book. But then you lose your deposits (unless you booked less than 14 days ago). But, again, it never hurts to ask. You just never know...

Sayhello

I wonder if ABD is going to wait and post this offer on the ABD website on Tuesday as it starts on Monday so that would make sense :confused3

I searched the site and can't find this offer any way but through the link that Dotti posted. Anyone able to find it on the ABD website.

Anyone know if this is limited by number per ABD date? Like only the first 5 per date can get it? We've been considering ABD and I just wonder if we need to have our TA move on this right away.

Im am still one of those people that is on the edge of taking my first ABD im hoping for Aug 15, 2010 to Italy...im looking for the best deal...I even subscribed to Travel and Leisuire magazine just to get the $100 credit, but I still havent jumped over and booked...im not sure how this new offer would persuade me however, I think it's something to look at!

just my look the VIVA ITALY trip for 8.1509 is not one that is included!!!
(side note)...why is always giving away a cruise????

Viva Italia is just too popular - I'm guessing they don't need to offer anything extra to fill it up. But it is a great trip!

Viva Italia is just too popular - I'm guessing they don't need to offer anything extra to fill it up. But it is a great trip!

There are 10 departures for Viva Italia that are elegible for this promotion just not the one the poster wants. I already booked my ABD trp (Alpine Magic) but for that trip my dates aren't part of the promotion either. I am hoping that means it is booking up and I dont' have to wait for that dreaded phone call cancelling it.

HI everyone, I was still on the fence about booking a Peru trip, however with the free cruise incentive I am definitely calling my AAA agent on Monday. My AAA agent is going to match what Dreams Unlimited is using as an incentive, which is a $200 American Express gift card for booking a Peru trip. She will not give me a gift card but she will take an additional $200 off my entire trip PLUS give me my loyalty discount! Now I am glad I waited to make my reservations!

I would take ABD up on this offer if I could use it on the 3-day Bahamas cruise that I've already booked for Dec. Don't think I'll be taking another 3-day cruise, even if it's free. The airfare, pre-night hotel and tips are almost as much as the price of the cruise. This is our "trial" cruise, so either we'll discover cruises aren't for us or we'll love it and want to take a longer one next time. It's kind of unfair to the people who booked early. I understand offering incentives to fill up the trips. ABD has always done that. But this is the first time the early bookers didn't get an incentive as well. If this is the way ABD is going to operate, why would anybody book in August and September next year?

Don't forget you need to pay all the taxes on the cruise too, which I'm sure adds up in addition to all the other expenses mentioned...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter