• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New CDC Outdoor Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren’t allowed. New Florida law that was just passed forbids businesses in Florida from requesting proof of vaccination. The business can be fined $5,000 per customer.

The governor supports that law for medical privacy, but also to stop exactly what some in here seem to want to see, a two-tiered society where one group of people has certain privileges based on vaccination status.
It was just a hypothetical to show that a policy for masks only being required for unvaccinated is not likely not a serious suggestion.

I agree, but this is a step in the right direction.

At this point, WDW may not change. But at the rate the CDC recommendations are changing, Disney are going to have to change it's policies in weeks, not months.

I agree, and it's all guidelines. Disney has from the beginning cherry picked the guidelines they wanted. Disney is nearing the point that the dollar sign will be the bigger driver of what is gonna happen, the good side is universal will more than likely go first and soon so they can wait a few weeks after they do and they will follow suit. Hard for bad PR if nothing major goes crazy at universal.

I agree, and it's all guidelines. Disney has from the beginning cherry picked the guidelines they wanted. Disney is nearing the point that the dollar sign will be the bigger driver of what is gonna happen, the good side is universal will more than likely go first and soon so they can wait a few weeks after they do and they will follow suit. Hard for bad PR if nothing major goes crazy at universal.
Yeah, I agree. I've been saying for months that we will come to a point that WDW will have to drop the mask mandate because it will eventually be a money-losing preposition to continue with Covid restrictions when the majority of the public has lost it's appetite for masks.

It's just happening sooner than I thought.

I doubt it because it would be tough to enforce two sets of rules. "No Masks for vaccinated" people would be no masks because everyody would just claim they are vaccinated.

This.

You’d need Disney to limit attendance to only vaccinated. And that’s tough to do now.

I think outdoor masking will be gone for everyone within a week because it’ll be too hard to know who is or isn’t vaccinated; hard on the CMs to argue with vaccinated folks saying “The CDC said regardless of crowd size, no mask”; and anyone who wants to wear a mask can still do that.

Copied this from another person — direct quote from Chapek

Chapek just a few minutes ago:
"In terms of the parks, and when we're going to sort of be able to raise our capacity limits, we've actually already started that, given the guidance that just came today, from the CDC, and earlier guidance that we got from the governor of Florida, we've already started to increase our capacities, those obviously today's guidance that we got from the CDC in terms of those that were vaccinated do not necessarily need to wear masks anymore, both outdoors and indoors. Is very big news for us, particularly if anybody's been in Florida in the middle of the summer with a mask on. That could be quite daunting. So we think that's going to make for an even more pleasant experience and we believe that as we're now bringing back a lot of people back to work, that it's going to be an even bigger catalyst for growth in attendance, and we've been quite pleased to date."

I think outdoor masking will be gone for everyone within a week because it’ll be too hard to know who is or isn’t vaccinated; hard on the CMs to argue with vaccinated folks saying “The CDC said regardless of crowd size, no mask”; and anyone who wants to wear a mask can still do that.

Copied this from another person — direct quote from Chapek

Chapek just a few minutes ago:
"In terms of the parks, and when we're going to sort of be able to raise our capacity limits, we've actually already started that, given the guidance that just came today, from the CDC, and earlier guidance that we got from the governor of Florida, we've already started to increase our capacities, those obviously today's guidance that we got from the CDC in terms of those that were vaccinated do not necessarily need to wear masks anymore, both outdoors and indoors. Is very big news for us, particularly if anybody's been in Florida in the middle of the summer with a mask on. That could be quite daunting. So we think that's going to make for an even more pleasant experience and we believe that as we're now bringing back a lot of people back to work, that it's going to be an even bigger catalyst for growth in attendance, and we've been quite pleased to date."
Figured they would start increasing capacity right away...but I wonder by how much? They have got to start bringing back more offerings to absorb more people though...

Figured they would start increasing capacity right away...but I wonder by how much? They have got to start bringing back more offerings to absorb more people though...
Agree!! Hoping that more stuff comes back as quickly as the increase in the attendance caps. They need to bring back shows and well, fireworks back would be amazing too 😀

I don't see WDW removing mask requirements until:
1. Parks have capacity available that is going unfilled
2. Disneyland is fully open
3. There aren't gray areas in the rules. (masks required in indoor spaces but not outdoor, required in crowded areas, etc.) It's too difficult for cast members to enforce otherwise.

Hope for the best and plan for the worst. Anyone planning for a trip before October should just assume that masks will be required IMO. It requirement may be removed before then but that should be a surprise instead of an expectation.

I hope the masks are not required soon. I feel like I've done my part and got vaccinated, if someone doesn't want or can't get the shot they can wear a mask for their protection.

Ironic now those wearing mask will send quite a different message and more than likely be judged and ridiculed as non-vaccinated anti-vaxxers.

3. There aren't gray areas in the rules. (masks required in indoor spaces but not outdoor, required in crowded areas, etc.) It's too difficult for cast members to enforce otherwise.

Hope for the best and plan for the worst. Anyone planning for a trip before October should just assume that masks will be required IMO. It requirement may be removed before then but that should be a surprise instead of an expectation.

I think you are way off base here.

Outdoor masks will be gone way before October.

believe as you wish but mask changes are coming sooner than you want.

Other parks are already only masks inline/on rides and inside. They already police blizzard beach with different mask rules.

DL has pretty much no affect on wdw, which the parks are even now not the same for rules. There will almost always be unfilled capacity especially with an increase that is coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter