New restaurant featuring Indian cuisine now open at Disney Springs

Great addition to DS restaurant lineup, looking forward to booking for our November trip!

Most of the decent places I've been to will adjust the spice to the customers liking. Some will even ask, if someone says they want it hot, American hot or Indian hot. There's a difference in expectations...
Yeah but this is Disney. They're not exactly known for spicy options. I've tried a few things that people say are spicy but they really weren't. Like one time I had the spicy shrimp tacos at City Works (delicious btw) and the spicy part was just sriracha....

Yeah but this is Disney. They're not exactly known for spicy options. I've tried a few things that people say are spicy but they really weren't. Like one time I had the spicy shrimp tacos at City Works (delicious btw) and the spicy part was just sriracha....
Right. I expect this to be as Indian as any of the DS Eyetalians are Italian.

Remember, these places are targeted to those who've never eaten at a Chinese restaurant that didn't have "Buffet" in the name.

Only Frontera Cocina and Jaleo approach anything resembling authentic at DS.

So much great food at this place and very reasonably priced.

I was SO excited to see this because I am a huge fan of Maneet, but then was bummed to see it was a QS and then more bummed when I saw the menu. I was hoping she was going to bring some great non-Disney-fied/super Americanized Indian food because she is the Spice Queen after all! I just feel like the menu conveys quite a bit of Disney red tape. I would have loved to see a menu that better reflects the culinary creativity that she is known for! Pizza/flatbread just falls a little flat for me! I was really hoping to see something a little more adventurous. But still excited that she has come to Disney and can’t wait to hear some reviews/experiences!

And if you see this Maneet, I love you (in a super fan kind of way) and that ToC champion belt looks great on you!

… lol, worth a try! 🤣🤣

I was SO excited to see this because I am a huge fan of Maneet, but then was bummed to see it was a QS and then more bummed when I saw the menu. I was hoping she was going to bring some great non-Disney-fied/super Americanized Indian food because she is the Spice Queen after all! I just feel like the menu conveys quite a bit of Disney red tape. I would have loved to see a menu that better reflects the culinary creativity that she is known for! Pizza/flatbread just falls a little flat for me! I was really hoping to see something a little more adventurous. But still excited that she has come to Disney and can’t wait to hear some reviews/experiences!

And if you see this Maneet, I love you (in a super fan kind of way) and that ToC champion belt looks great on you!

… lol, worth a try! 🤣🤣
I think DS needs good interesting QS more than it needs more TS. It is a little watered down, but that’s to be expected at DS. The only authentic non-American place there is Jaleo. However, Morimoto is excellent, but it is fusion.

I think DS needs good interesting QS more than it needs more TS. It is a little watered down, but that’s to be expected at DS. The only authentic non-American place there is Jaleo. However, Morimoto is excellent, but it is fusion.
I could understand that. We were looking at Jaleo, but man those prices!!! Maybe this validates your view on QS options!!! 😆

I could understand that. We were looking at Jaleo, but man those prices!!! Maybe this validates your view on QS options!!! 😆
Jaleo is amazing! It’s tapas, which is usually expensive. The chef is one of the best chefs in the world, and it’s very high quality ingredients and intricately made food. It’s worth it to us.

I do think DS does need cheaper, quicker options.

Jaleo is amazing! It’s tapas, which is usually expensive. The chef is one of the best chefs in the world, and it’s very high quality ingredients and intricately made food. It’s worth it to us.

I do think DS does need cheaper, quicker options.
Oh no! Intense FOMO setting in! 😅

… lol, worth a try! 🤣🤣
I agree with everything you said about her, especially about being a big fan. Only thing I don't mind that it's QS. But is there really something called pizza in India? Maybe there is, and I'll be surprised.

I agree with everything you said about her, especially about being a big fan. Only thing I don't mind that it's QS. But is there really something called pizza in India? Maybe there is, and I'll be surprised.
lol. I concede that a QS would serve the patrons better. But the current menu on the WDW website says it is “naan pizza”, so I mean at least it’s on naan… but still just feels a little too Disney-fied, but that is just my opinion and maybe once it opens it won’t be as “pizza” 🤷🏼‍♀️

I was hoping for more authentic Indian cuisine than this seems to be offering. I was excited to read that Maneet was going to be opening an Indian restaurant in Disney Springs, but after looking at the menu, I'm not sure it's worth bothering. I mean... pizza?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter