New restaurant featuring Indian cuisine now open at Disney Springs

I was hoping for more authentic Indian cuisine than this seems to be offering. I was excited to read that Maneet was going to be opening an Indian restaurant in Disney Springs, but after looking at the menu, I'm not sure it's worth bothering. I mean... pizza?
Exactly!!

I think it would be business suicide to have a full scale authentic Indian restaurant at WDW. We know the average visitor doesn’t go for that. If anything I applaud her for going a different route. Hopefully people try the new spot and it becomes a gateway for them to go on to more Indian food when they get back home.

I think it would be business suicide to have a full scale authentic Indian restaurant at WDW. We know the average visitor doesn’t go for that. If anything I applaud her for going a different route. Hopefully people try the new spot and it becomes a gateway for them to go on to more Indian food when they get back home.
Business suicide is a little harsh, haha. But I do agree with you that the average visitor may feel intimidated by a very adventurous Indian menu when they haven’t had the chance to be exposed to Indian food and that a toned down menu could be a great gateway some may need to take that next step in Indian cuisine!

This is the crowd that loves Homecomin’ we’re dealing with. I’m not hopeful. Unless we can start a FOMO wave (à la Gideon’s) so they can convince themselves they love it. :laughing:

I was hoping for more authentic Indian cuisine than this seems to be offering. I was excited to read that Maneet was going to be opening an Indian restaurant in Disney Springs, but after looking at the menu, I'm not sure it's worth bothering. I mean... pizza?
And this is before the menu inevitably gets dumbed down. :laughing:

There's already good authentic Indian cuisine in Orlando, another Americanized ethnic absentee isn't that impressive. I wish they'd kept Cat Cora.

And this is before the menu inevitably gets dumbed down. :laughing:
lol. I mean I hope it goes in the opposite direction, but I do fear you are correct. :(

There's already good authentic Indian cuisine in Orlando, another Americanized ethnic absentee isn't that impressive. I wish they'd kept Cat Cora.
Lol, I agree with your statement about Cat Cora (I am a little biased though because my heritage lies in the good ole
Deep South), so I would have loved indulging in her menu! Plus I was totally pulling for her in the awful Mars show (which I am not proud of admitting watching *places brown paper bag over face* but dang am I jealous they got to eat an Iron Chef’s food! 🥲🤤

I’m glad to hear there are good authentic Indian restaurants available in Orlando though! We fly in and stay onsite, but if you could recommend a great Indian restaurant, I wouldn’t mind leaving the ‘Disney Bubble’ to eat there because I LOVE Indian food and am obsessed with their culture and would totally shamelessly pay the Uber/Lyft fare to get there and back! 🤤🤤🫠lol. Food coma.

Edits: spelling

lol. I mean I hope it goes in the opposite direction, but I do fear you are correct. :(

Lol, I agree with your statement about Cat Cora (I am a little biased though because my heritage lies in the good ole
Deep South), so I would have loved indulging in her menu! Plus I was totally pulling for her in the awful Mars show (which I am not proud of admitting watching *places brown paper bag over face* but dang am I jealous they got to eat an Iron Chef’s food! 🥲🤤

I’m glad to hear there are good authentic Indian restaurants available in Orlando though! We fly in and stay onsite, but if you could recommend a great Indian restaurant, I wouldn’t mind leaving the ‘Disney Bubble’ to eat there because I LOVE Indian food and am obsessed with their culture and would totally shamelessly pay the Uber/Lyft fare to get there and back! 🤤🤤🫠lol. Food coma.

Edits: spelling
Tamarind, Saffron, Tabla.
I'm sure there's some really good mom n pop places too but these are top shelf.

I am surprised it took this long to have a restaurant like this. Now I wonder how long it will take for a Korean place to open.
Yes.. I really really would love to see a Korean restaurant at Disney Springs, and over in Epcot as well!!

I finally got to eat at "EET" during my stay there in late January. It was great, kind of like Satuli Canteen. There was just one thing I disliked about it-the bowls were cardboard and the silverware was plastic. Honestly, though, had I known that in advance, I wouldn't have minded at all. But the whole experience and food was giving me Satul'i Canteen vibes and they have real dishes and silverware, so I expected that. After you order, they give you a "round the didn't ing" [I don't know what you call it] to put on your table so they can find you to bring out your meal. They must look it up in the kitchen because when they guy came out, he came right over to my table. On-and the other disappointment was that I didn't see Manet Chauhan-that would have made my day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter