• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I need the name of this drink so I can decide if I’m going to make a very poor life decision in the future...
It’s the Fuzzy Tauntaun. The “buzzzz” foam in the description is... a strange sensation.

I order the drink without the foam now. I’m glad I tried it, and I’d drink it with if needed, but I prefer it without.

As a side note, not all the drinks are that great. Trust your waiter. There are a couple we tasted when we went that were just plain weird.

Thanks, I've been to the Oga's at WDW so I already have my favorites - Jedi Mind Trick and the T-16 Skyhopper. I may try the Yub Nub just because I want the souvenir cup!

He hasn’t seen the prices has he? 🤣

Hahaha I thought that too... but then i found out the truth...

He wants the rancor tooth beer flight for himself and since THAT is so expensive I think he figures I won't complain if I'm spending just as much on drinks too.

Considering we are both Disney AND Star Wars fans and this is our first visit since 2008... I think we will be spending way to much in general...

It’s the Fuzzy Tauntaun. The “buzzzz” foam in the description is... a strange sensation.

I order the drink without the foam now. I’m glad I tried it, and I’d drink it with if needed, but I prefer it without.
It was the strangest feeling, I was not a fan! A friend told me I can order without the foam, and I think I will try that next time!

Have any of you shipped lightsabers and droids home? We will be flying so need to ship two lightsabers and one droid home. If I take them to dok-ondars den of antiquities with my receipts will they ship from there? How much does it cost? Trying to plan our spending for our trip.

Can you get a yub nub NOT in the souvenir mug?
So, I did once, so I thought you could... but I’ve tried twice since then and been told no. One bartender offered that I was probably only allowed to do it on an occasion where they were out of the mugs.

It’s too bad, because I like the drink! I paid like $14-something for it sans mug, and it would be one of my Oga’s go-tos if it was an option.

I don’t think I’ve been to Oga’s since early November, though, so it’d be worth asking again.

So, I did once, so I thought you could... but I’ve tried twice since then and been told no. One bartender offered that I was probably only allowed to do it on an occasion where they were out of the mugs.

It’s too bad, because I like the drink! I paid like $14-something for it sans mug, and it would be one of my Oga’s go-tos if it was an option.

I don’t think I’ve been to Oga’s since early November, though, so it’d be worth asking again.
Thanks! The mug is adorable, but the drink sounds right up my alley. I'd rather just have the drink! I will ask next trip. =)

Thanks! The mug is adorable, but the drink sounds right up my alley. I'd rather just have the drink! I will ask next trip. =)
Definitely report back if they've changed their policy on this! My daughter really wanted to try one without the mug but they would not budge and she did not give up easy.

Definitely report back if they've changed their policy on this! My daughter really wanted to try one without the mug but they would not budge and she did not give up easy.
The one bartender who told me it was probably only allowed because they were out of mugs said there’s no way for them to ring it up without a mug. Like, it’s not even an option. But obviously it can be an option when they’re out? So I would hope they’d reconsider...

I don’t really understand it because wouldn’t they want to sell drinks and make people happy? I also don’t understand why they don’t sell the mugs with other drinks. Why limit people’s options?

The one bartender who told me it was probably only allowed because they were out of mugs said there’s no way for them to ring it up without a mug. Like, it’s not even an option. But obviously it can be an option when they’re out? So I would hope they’d reconsider...

I don’t really understand it because wouldn’t they want to sell drinks and make people happy? I also don’t understand why they don’t sell the mugs with other drinks. Why limit people’s options?

They actually told my daughter if they were out of the mugs they would not be able to sell the drink... my daughter thought the whole thing was ridiculous so she was presenting all kinds of what if scenarios and ideas and suggestions in an effort to at least get a taste of the drink.... she even asked at one point if she could pay the same price but get it not in the mug and they said they could not do that.

They actually told my daughter if they were out of the mugs they would not be able to sell the drink... my daughter thought the whole thing was ridiculous so she was presenting all kinds of what if scenarios and ideas and suggestions in an effort to at least get a taste of the drink.... she even asked at one point if she could pay the same price but get it not in the mug and they said they could not do that.
I don't even know what to think about that. That seems beyond ridiculous. But maybe they have a reason? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter