Newbie from NC

Hey there and Welcome!! It's nice to have a fellow NC RN on board!!:worship:

Looks like you are gonna have a busy Disney year.
I've only flown from NC once. All the other times (10) I have driven. The drive is long, but it gives you more time to build up all of the excitement. Plus, if you fly you miss all of the wonderful South of the Border signs. :banana:

My BFF and I are going in Sept., too. Maybe we can meet up.

Welcome Home!!!:hug:

Because I get on I95 in Dillon, between Dillon and Marion Exit, I don't get to see the SOB signs until we travel back up.

Hey there and Welcome!! It's nice to have a fellow NC RN on board!!:worship:

Looks like you are gonna have a busy Disney year.
I've only flown from NC once. All the other times (10) I have driven. The drive is long, but it gives you more time to build up all of the excitement. Plus, if you fly you miss all of the wonderful South of the Border signs. :banana:

My BFF and I are going in Sept., too. Maybe we can meet up.

Welcome Home!!!:hug:

Wow! We have so much in common. We should try to meet up in Disney in Sept, for sure! Maybe over a Fiesta Margarita? ;)

Wow! We have so much in common. We should try to meet up in Disney in Sept, for sure! Maybe over a Fiesta Margarita? ;)

For Sure!! It's a date!! First round is on me!! :woohoo: I'm really excited about the DDP.

I do have a question, though. Has anyone been to the Halloween party? Based on the dates from last year, it should be on the Friday I'm at WDW. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the extra money? No kids, just my DBFF and me. What do you think? BTW Halloween is my favorite holiday!!:yay:

Great to meet you! It's great to hear that you have so many trips lined up for the next year.

Nice to me you too.

Thanks for the nice welcome.

I am super excited about my upcoming trips!

Welcome! We drive from Wilmington, NC several times a year. No one has mentioned the best part about the drive: the Disney Store Outlet stop in St. Augustine, FL! :goodvibes It's right off the highway (the mall on the East side, not the Western one.)

We always stretch our legs and stock up on autograph books, tees, etc, before we even get to the parks. Then it's only a little over two hours left of driving -we're usually bouncing in our seats the whole way!

BTW: We did fly once last year. We got really good connections, but of course you can't even die in Wilmington without going through Charlotte first. So we started the stopwatch when we left the house for the airport: counting getting there early for security, check in, etc, then flight time, layover time, flight time again, car rental time, and driving from airport to resort, we saved a whopping 1 hour by flying instead of driving. Never again.

I am a newbie from New Bern North Carolina. I will be going Sept 21-27 staying at the AKL. We will be celebrating our son's first birthday! Grandparents are coming as well. Out of the 7 going I am the only one that has been to Disney. Soooo excited!

Welcome! We live in Raleigh/Cary area. We go to Disney- March and October each year(except this year we are there 4 times!) Our DS12 is in modified year round school, so we take advantage of his track out schedule. We also joined DVC last year :) We always fly Southwest out of RDU--we get an early flight out and are at the parks by noon.

I love the year round schedule. My dh was teaching at a school with that schedule last time we went (2002). I really miss it :sad1: This year we have to go when everyone else is going...at least we get to go!

Welcome! We live in Raleigh/Cary area. We go to Disney- March and October each year(except this year we are there 4 times!) Our DS12 is in modified year round school, so we take advantage of his track out schedule. We also joined DVC last year :) We always fly Southwest out of RDU--we get an early flight out and are at the parks by noon.

Hello neighbor! I actually live in Morrisville. DD will be 4 in March and is not in school yet but I am hoping we can get her into a year round program when the time comes. I like SouthWest, they always have the best deals. Last I checked, they did not have fares available yet for my trips to "The World" later this year. Right now, it looks like I will be driving down both times. But it does not matter to me, b/c I am going to WDW!!!:banana:

Hi I am researching the same question Going at the end of September with family. Only been once that late in the year. I am wondering if my 11 year old will enjoy Mickeys Not So Scarey Halloween. Is it worth five extra tickets? Ive read different remarks HELP

We have been to MNSSHP our last 3 trips(in Oct.) to Disney! Our DS is 12 and loves it!(so do us adults) Trick-or-treating, the parade and lower crowds...it is a must-do on our list! :thumbsup2

It is great to see so many other DISers form NC and in the immediate area. :thumbsup2 I'm from Hillsborough and RNlovesWDW is my BFF. We are so excited about our upcoming trip. :banana:

I asked the original question about the MNSSHP and I have decided to go!!! :cool1: We aren't taking any children, though, so I don't know how they will do. I would assume that since it's Disney it is family-friendly, though:grouphug:

Another Disney lover here in Raleigh!! We are coming out of the woodwork!!

We've done both- drive & fly. I totally prefer to fly whenever possible. Southwest has some great deals-- the 4 of us flew direct, this past Sept. for just over $450 total!!!

Welcome to the Dis! :yay:

Thanks for the welcome.

We are crawling out of the woodwork, aren't we? :goodvibes

We keep going back and forth about driving or flying...who knows what we will end up doing by the time the trip rolls around.

Just wanted to get on the NC Disneyfan bandwagon.:yay: It is great that there are so many of us in NC. I just got back and heard that there are cheap flights to Sanford, FL (just north of Orlando) from Kinston for dirt cheap through Alliance. I haven't checked it out yet, but plan to look into it for Thanksgiving Disney Cruise.

Just wanted to get on the NC Disneyfan bandwagon.:yay: It is great that there are so many of us in NC. I just got back and heard that there are cheap flights to Sanford, FL (just north of Orlando) from Kinston for dirt cheap through Alliance. I haven't checked it out yet, but plan to look into it for Thanksgiving Disney Cruise.

Wow, Rocky Mount! You're way up 95, aren't you? ;)

I'm on the opposite end of 95 in the state--I live South of Lumberton, but don't get onto I95 until Dillon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter