Newbie from NC

Ok, I got to get into this forum. We drive from Johnston County (3:15 am) to POP (around 12:30 pm) each time to WDW. I have just 190 more days until we're back!

Ok, I got to get into this forum. We drive from Johnston County (3:15 am) to POP (around 12:30 pm) each time to WDW. I have just 190 more days until we're back!

Hey!!! I haven't "seen" you much lately.

Chkysbak,

I think we share a brain! I have been pretty much doing those same calculations!! :thumbsup2 I thought I would share my experience:

As far as driving, we have never made it in less than 10 hours from just outside Raleigh (586 miles). :confused3 We have tried different times of day, different days, etc. We either run into construction , accidents, or both. :headache: We get 19 mpg, but we always seem to use 5 tanks at $50 per tank, but we should spend $194 according to my calculations. I can't figure that one out. We are a family of 5 and seem to spend $50 each way on food and drinks (even when I pack a cooler). Hmmm, maybe I need to get tougher on that one! :rolleyes: Anyhow, I've been debating this whole Skybus/Allegiant/Southwest issue. Do we drive 2 hours to Greensboro, parking $5 per day, fees for luggage, and need to pay for transportation or rental car? Drive 1 hour to Kinston, no parking fees, but everything is the same...oh, but Kinston has better flight times. Or fly to St. Pete? I determined as well that Southwest is the best deal for us if we can get a $49 Ding. I don't know if ME can be 3.5 hours, but I do know that it can be 2.75 hours. :headache:

Now if we could get the Skybus $10 seats, that would be worth the trip to Greensboro. ;)

BTW, I still don't know our mode of transportation for our next trip. I'm waiting for a Ding or for Allegiant to offer some $19 fares. :yay:

I cannot believe I am just finding this thread! For our last 4 times we are 50/50 flying/driving.

If you are going for a long weekend, flying is best because you get more time at the parks, because no one is tired from driving 10 hours.

I love driving/riding because we usually watch 1-2 Disney movies, play the license plate game, stop at SC welcome center, GA welcome center and who can pass up FREE OJ at the Florida Welcome center.:yay:

We don't have a trip planned for this year. YET!!!!:rotfl2:
Enjoy your trip...we have been twice in September and the parks are GREAT and less crowded!!

I cannot believe I am just finding this thread! For our last 4 times we are 50/50 flying/driving.

If you are going for a long weekend, flying is best because you get more time at the parks, because no one is tired from driving 10 hours.

I love driving/riding because we usually watch 1-2 Disney movies, play the license plate game, stop at SC welcome center, GA welcome center and who can pass up FREE OJ at the Florida Welcome center.:yay:

We don't have a trip planned for this year. YET!!!!:rotfl2:
Enjoy your trip...we have been twice in September and the parks are GREAT and less crowded!!

What???:eek: No South of the Border???? :laughing:

Chkysbak,

I think we share a brain!

If we share a brain, then you would come over from the dark side :rotfl:

GO PACK !!!

1131496-1174105722-220x165.jpg

WELCOMEto the DIS!!

You are at a great place to find out all you can (and more) about our fav destination.

We used to fly, but it became such a hassle. It takes us about 10-11 hrs from Burlington to drive. We made it in 9 1/2 one time. For a short trip, no doubt I would fly, but we usually try to stay at least a full week each trip.

Hi Everybody,

Glad to see so many fellow NC Disney Fans on board!! We will definately be driving down in Nov, but still undecided about the Sept trip. :confused3
I am keeping an eye out for some good fares, but who knows.

Anybody else ready for some warm weather? It has been entriely too cold the last few days.

Another brand new NC DISer! Hello everyone! :wave2: I live near Greenville (Eastern NC)...GO PIRATES!! pirate:
My little family is going in a few weeks (leaving 3/20). We're going to drive b/c air is just too expensive, especially during the holidays.
Good to see so many neighbors!

Welcome to all the newcomers:flower3: !! I think we have all, but made a definite decision to fly. If we get a Ding or a great rate from another airline we might fly, but I think we will probably drive. It can be great bonding 'girl talk' time:hippie: !!

Not to mention South of the Border and all of the great outlets/shopping available :woohoo: if we drive!! That might make the trip a bit longer:scared1: !! It's worth the sacrifice to shop.

Yeah!! Spring weather is here!!!

Don't know how long it will last though, we all know how NC weather is...:confused3

6 months til my Sept trip to the world!!! I am so excited!:yay:

Another brand new NC DISer! Hello everyone! :wave2: I live near Greenville (Eastern NC)...GO PIRATES!! pirate:
My little family is going in a few weeks (leaving 3/20). We're going to drive b/c air is just too expensive, especially during the holidays.
Good to see so many neighbors!

Even Allegiant out of Kinston? BTW, another DISer from Greenville just told me that Allegiant is going to stop service from Kinston. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter