Newbie from NC

Another NC DISer here! I'm kinda northwest of Charlotte. We always drive to WDW because flying is just too expensive for our family of four.

WELCOME

We have driven down our last 2 trips. We usually have a blast driving down. We make the kiddie's goodie bags, that keeps them quiet for the first couple of hours. Then we break out the movies or game boys:cool1: :cool1:

We are from Gastonia NC--anybody close by????

Welcome to all my fellow NC DISers!!!

It is great to here about so many fellow Disney fans in NC.

How crazy was that snowfall on Wednesday night, it came out of the blue??

Go DUKE!!! :yay:

Good grief, there's a lot of NC folk here.

Anyway, we're big Fort Wilderness fans. We just got back from a 12 day trip last week and already missing it.

For Sure!! It's a date!! First round is on me!! :woohoo: I'm really excited about the DDP.

I do have a question, though. Has anyone been to the Halloween party? Based on the dates from last year, it should be on the Friday I'm at WDW. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the extra money? No kids, just my DBFF and me. What do you think? BTW Halloween is my favorite holiday!!:yay:

OMG! It's the best party! The parade is AWESOME! The Headless Horseman gallops down the parade route on a huge horse just before the parade starts. Search around for a pic. Seriously, you guys will have a ball. Dress up! You won't be alone. LOTS of adults dress up who are there without kids. You just can't wear a face mask.

Another Tarheel here!!! :wave2:
:welcome: to the DIS cult! :goodvibes

We usually fly out of RDU. Our boys get car sick, so driving isn't an option for us. :sick:

We got really cheap DING flights from Southwest last year. ($25 each way :woohoo: ) No such luck (yet) this year, but we haven't given up yet. :goodvibes

I just wanted to add my voice to the choir! I live between Durham and Roxboro (in Person County). I've driven many times & taken the train a few times when my son was younger & crazy about trains. My favorite way to travel to WDW is via Southwest out of RDU. I don't book early which is sometimes worrisome but usually end up with round trip fare in the $100 (or less) range using ding or fare sales. I like the first morning flight which usually puts me at the resort around 10AM and the last evening flight home which leaves around 8pm. It's like adding 2 days to my trip. I usually don't mind the drive down but driving home is pure torture. I've decided my time is worth the cost of the flight.

I'm heading down in October for the Food & Wine festival. Since I missed last year's trip (went to Disneyland instead) I don't know if I can hold out until then. I may have to make plans for a weekend trip in June.

Me too! Me too! :yay:
I'm from eastern NC, a little less than an hour from Raleigh. I just saw this thread and had to say welcome to the OP and hello to all the other NC'ers!

Fellow NC'er:cool1:
We are just south of Raleigh. We drove our first three trips and have flown the last three. We fly Delta out of RDU. Plane leaves around 7:00 am direct flight and we are in the rental and on the way to WDW by 9:30am well rested and ready to take on the world.

Hello to all my "neighbors" !!! :hug:

What exactly are ding fares? :confused3

Thanks.

You go on Southwest website and download the ding. When they are having specials on flights from your selected airport (RDU) your computer will DING and you can click on the icon to view the special discount.

Hello to all my "neighbors" !!! :hug:

What exactly are ding fares? :confused3

Thanks.

Southwest has special fares called Dings. You have to download the program and when special fares are uploaded your computer "dings" (if you have sound enabled).

There's a thread on the transportation board which lists some of the recent fares. I use them for other destinations too.

EDIT: I'm slow! :)

You go on Southwest website and download the ding. When they are having specials on flights from your selected airport (RDU) your computer will DING and you can click on the icon to view the special discount.

Did it! Thanks for that!:thumbsup2

Did it! Thanks for that!:thumbsup2

But the Thanks really goes to CarolynNC for posting the information. I was just answering RNlovesWDW's question about the Ding. We have always flown Delta (and have had no problems) but we are certainly going to check out SouthWest ourselves.:thumbsup2

I think we may be able to rig something up with the hitch!! :rotfl2:

The Ding fares sound really great.

There are so many of us on here from NC!! :woohoo: It's nice to see all of the Disers showin' some love!!!:hug: The weather here today makes me long for WDW. It's humid, 67 degrees and partly cloudy. There is at least one day like this every time I go to Disney. :upsidedow

I'm from Mebane, NC and I'm a newbie too... Hillsborough isn't that far away from here maybe 15 minutes.

I'm going on my trip in November (16-22) and I'm kinda wondering whether it would be better to go then or in September.

It's so awesome that there are so many people in NC on here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter