News Round Up 2017

Interesting. So, this would be the first character that actually shows a "face" in the show. I think Darth Maul has always been make-up. Am I wrong by this assumption that she is the first? Maybe see more characters in the future? Or was this just for tonight?

Interesting. So, this would be the first character that actually shows a "face" in the show. I think Darth Maul has always been make-up. Am I wrong by this assumption that she is the first? Maybe see more characters in the future? Or was this just for tonight?
This was just for tonight at the moment.

Dick Van Dyke did a great interview with The Guardian in which he discusses the impact of movie, television, and video game violence on young people. It is a great interview and he makes some great points. Unfortunately, his wisdom will be dismissed as the rantings of an old man.

Commenting on why the industry rarely makes films with such innocence as Mary Poppins, he said: “We lost Walt Disney, for one thing. Walt was a child at heart. He had such creativity and imagination. We said we were both children looking for our inner adults.”

Disney knew how to thrill children with fantasy, rather than reality, he added. “Walt said kids like to be scared. It’s a delicious feeling. But he did it with witches, evil queens and things like that. Now it goes into blood and violence.”

He argued that children’s films from Hollywood’s so-called golden age taught morals and manners: “When I was a teenager, I modeled myself after the way Fred Astaire or Cary Grant dressed. Now kids emulate street gangs. They like to dress like hoods. That’s just a reversal. They’re picking the wrong role models.”

Here is the article for those interested:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/apr/15/dick-van-dyke-screen-violence-walt-disney

Has there been any info about the pixar orchestra show? Wondering because our 60 day FP is next week and I thought it was a summer show?

Has there been any info about the pixar orchestra show? Wondering because our 60 day FP is next week and I thought it was a summer show?
It is a summer show but I don't believe they have FPs for it. It's in between beauty and the beast shows.

The principles who developed Tokyo Disneyland and Aulani Resort are planning to build a 1500 acre park in Casa Grande, AZ. The plan includes an indoor recreational facility, water parks, a wildlife animal exhibit, restaurants and an amusement park as well as commercial and residential areas.

The Block Sports Company, based in Florida, is looking to develop a 1,500-acre “destination resort” near Casa Grande, which it compares to Walt Disney World.

http://www.pinalcentral.com/casa_gr...cle_13c3cfce-31d9-5a0c-92f6-2706a5326fb5.html

http://www.pinalcentral.com/casa_gr...cle_56974e87-e865-59ee-ac26-af9538215f57.html

Dick Van Dyke did a great interview with The Guardian in which he discusses the impact of movie, television, and video game violence on young people. It is a great interview and he makes some great points. Unfortunately, his wisdom will be dismissed as the rantings of an old man.

Commenting on why the industry rarely makes films with such innocence as Mary Poppins, he said: “We lost Walt Disney, for one thing. Walt was a child at heart. He had such creativity and imagination. We said we were both children looking for our inner adults.”

Disney knew how to thrill children with fantasy, rather than reality, he added. “Walt said kids like to be scared. It’s a delicious feeling. But he did it with witches, evil queens and things like that. Now it goes into blood and violence.”

He argued that children’s films from Hollywood’s so-called golden age taught morals and manners: “When I was a teenager, I modeled myself after the way Fred Astaire or Cary Grant dressed. Now kids emulate street gangs. They like to dress like hoods. That’s just a reversal. They’re picking the wrong role models.”

Here is the article for those interested:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/apr/15/dick-van-dyke-screen-violence-walt-disney

I definitely get what he is saying, but at the same time the biggest YA series of recent years is Harry Potter which, yes there is more blood than in most older Disney movies, but is still about evil wizards and the like

And the clothing thing I think is all of society, not just kids - look what a lot of people wear to the theater or a ball game or even church (or heck, to Walt Disney World) today compared to 50 or 60 years ago .... it's totally different

It is a summer show but I don't believe they have FPs for it. It's in between beauty and the beast shows.
I don't know if it is in between shows. I have been looking at DHS schedules for end of May/June and the last Beauty and the Beast shows that I keep seeing each day are at like 2 or 2:30 p.m. I can't remember the exact time. Before, the shows would go until about 4 or 5 p.m. I'm assuming this will be a nightly show. So, I'm hoping for more info on FP for this. If there isn't going to be, I would be willing to wait stand-by for it.

I don't know if it is in between shows. I have been looking at DHS schedules for end of May/June and the last Beauty and the Beast shows that I keep seeing each day are at like 2 or 2:30 p.m. I can't remember the exact time. Before, the shows would go until about 4 or 5 p.m. I'm assuming this will be a nightly show. So, I'm hoping for more info on FP for this. If there isn't going to be, I would be willing to wait stand-by for it.
Interesting I thought it was stated somewhere that this would be between shows.

News

Star Tours in WDW to get new destination from The Last Jedi planet Crait, no word on Disneyland.
Honestly they sorta messed up the idea behind star tours with adding stuff from the new trilogy. Would make more sense to put in locations/scenarios from rogue one

Honestly they sorta messed up the idea behind star tours with adding stuff from the new trilogy. Would make more sense to put in locations/scenarios from rogue one
I think that is why they didn't add Rogue One because it's not part of the trilogies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter