News Round Up 2017

I'd give the edge to DL, with a much better and more attraction-laden Fantasyland, superior Pirates, Fantasmic on the ROA, the Indy ride and holiday overlays on HM and SM. I also happen to think the comparatively smaller size of DL provides a quaintness that the MK doesn't have.

Not that I really want to start(or continue (or do I?:stir: )) a DL vs. MK comparison again, but felt a need to offer my two cents(four cents in high season)on my favorite place on earth.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, and yet MK still edges out DL to me for some reason. I think it is largely due to the fact that Splash is my favorite ride and I much prefer the WDW version. I can't put my finger on why exactly, but the DL version just seems off. I also got literally soaked 3/4 times I rode last summer. I'm in the minority, but I also much prefer WDW's Space Mountain and Tomorrowland in general with the People Mover and the general feel to the land.

News

New details about what’s going on in the Edison complex.

http://blogmickey.com/2017/10/three-new-restaurants-confirmed-disney-springs/

So I noticed it says "The location of the new restaurants is the space next to The Edison." .... so does this just mean only part of the building that is being constructed is technically "The Edison" or that this is a new structure(s)?

Oh, and not sure if there are any other WWE fans, but whenever I see the name "Enzo" I think of Enzo Amore and him serving Pizza at WDW:
xXiyQY.gif

So I noticed it says "The location of the new restaurants is the space next to The Edison." .... so does this just mean only part of the building that is being constructed is technically "The Edison" or that this is a new structure(s)?

Oh, and not sure if there are any other WWE fans, but whenever I see the name "Enzo" I think of Enzo Amore and him serving Pizza at WDW:
xXiyQY.gif
The white part of the complex are these places. The Edison is the brick part.

Bleh, so it is confirmed we aren't getting the Disney property themed tunnels. Of course, people visiting WDW wouldn't want some adult oriented Disney themed bar. (heavy sarcasm)

"Enzo’s Hideaway Tunnel Bar occupies the rum runner tunnels under Maria & Enzo’s. It will feature Prohibition-style cocktails and serve a menu of italian dishes." .... that seems like a pretty themed bar to me :confused3

The white part of the complex are these places. The Edison is the brick part.

ok, thanks - so it isn't that the entire building is "the Edison" and then there are subsections within the one structure ... it is that there are separate entities within the one structure - one of which is the Edison and then 3 others ... so 4 total

"Enzo’s Hideaway Tunnel Bar occupies the rum runner tunnels under Maria & Enzo’s. It will feature Prohibition-style cocktails and serve a menu of italian dishes." .... that seems like a pretty themed bar to me :confused3

It is themed in general. I said themed to a Disney property. Since we had the rumors of the Neverland tunnels.

I can go to a themed bar/restaurant in my own city. I wanted Disney themed.

It is themed in general. I said themed to a Disney property. Since we had the rumors of the Neverland tunnels.

I can go to a themed bar/restaurant in my own city. I wanted Disney themed.

ah, i thought you meant a themed bar on Disney property (land), not a Disney property (IP) themed bar ... I agree, though even with that name of "neverland" I never pictured it being super Peter Pan themed or anything, more just a fun name .... guess we will never know

Guess I will take what I can get ... Trader Sam's isn't really a Disney IP themed bar but is still really fun

I beg to differ. Drink enough of them Uh -OA's at Trader Sams and you could very well witness the Macaw's from the Tiki room flying overhead. pirate:

yeah, and obviously even the name is the same as Trader Sam from the Jungle Cruise and they have some stuff that was in the Adventurer's Club there - so there is some connection

I agree with pretty much everything you said, and yet MK still edges out DL to me for some reason. I think it is largely due to the fact that Splash is my favorite ride and I much prefer the WDW version. I can't put my finger on why exactly, but the DL version just seems off. I also got literally soaked 3/4 times I rode last summer. I'm in the minority, but I also much prefer WDW's Space Mountain and Tomorrowland in general with the People Mover and the general feel to the land.

I'll agree on WDW's tomorrow edge over DL's, but overall I still feel like I'm more at home at DL. One reason could be that I've been going there since the 60's, so it holds more memories for me. I also think DL utilizes their limited space extremely well and doesn't feel overly crowded or claustrophobic, more like cozy.

Yep, I thought they already has the concept planned as the 'Neverland Tunnels' and there was also a rumor about another Trader Sam's in Disney Springs

Yeah, pretty sure the Disney Springs policy is "Take anything imaginative and interesting and squash it to something generic."

Was so looking forward to the Edison and Neverland Tunnels concept, but now they are opening not one, not two, but three generic sounding italian places. Yay! Oh well, less time I need to spend at Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter