News Round Up 2017

The DVC is separate from CBR.

Yeah, I think getting check in over to the main building was the main plan, and I would suspect moving the dining back and over by the water to be a consequence of that. How check in was separate was kind of strange.

Yeah, I think getting check in over to the main building was the main plan, and I would suspect moving the dining back and over by the river to be a consequence of that. How check in was separate was kind of strange.

Check in HAS to be demoed...that's not even debateable.

I get the rear expansion for GSO...but the lakeside has to be facilities.

Here are the reasonable options:
1. Expansion to partially service dvc
2. Expansion to increase the price of Caribbean
3. Both

None are "good"...if we're honest.

Check in HAS to be demoed...that's not even debateable.

None are "good"...if we're honest.

I may agree with "none are good" if $$$$ is your main concern. To many it is, not to all. I am not a fan of CBR or CSR anyway, but I would pay a little more money to stay at POFQ if they added a sit down restaurant on the river.

While I agree....is there really any difference if you now check-in at OPR as opposed to the Customs House and your room is over in Jamaica 41?

You're in my wheelhouse now...

The customs house was the worst idea in disney hotel history...it was a mistake from the start. As evidenced by them never doing it again.

True story: they had one

Oh, I ate there albeit not on the water..... True Story, I always used to do my laundry at Mardy Grogs if you know what I mean. And while sitting there I told the bartenders they should have put this thing down at the other end of the pool with an open view of the river and the boats going by. Perfect place for a pool bar!

You're in my wheelhouse now...

The customs house was the worst idea in disney hotel history...it was a mistake from the start. As evidenced by them never doing it again.

Agree it was a bad idea. However, unless you opt to bypass the "traditional" check-in at a front desk altogether (which is what they want everyone to do at all resorts, anyway), no matter where you check in at CBR (OPR or Customs House), you're still going to be a good distance from your room and have the same issues. (And I'm a big CBR fan, BTW)

Oh, I ate there albeit not on the water..... True Story, I always used to do my laundry at Mardy Grogs if you know what I mean. And while sitting there I told the bartenders they should have put this thing down at the other end of the pool with an open view of the river and the boats going by. Perfect place for a pool bar!

Lol...I've done so much laundry at gurgling suitcase and big river over the years that I feel like I should have been paid for it...

While I agree....is there really any difference if you now check-in at OPR as opposed to the Customs House and your room is over in Jamaica 41?

Yes there is. One, we usually check in early and ride a bus to a park. While it wasn't a long walk to Barbado's bus stop, it wasn't right outside. And, I usually check in while the wife goes to shop. It usually is my first few minutes of peace and quiet that morning. pirate:

Lol...I've done so much laundry at gurgling suitcase and big river over the years that I feel like I should have been paid for it...

My wife didn't buy the laundry at gurgling suitcase. She led me to the laundry room in our villa. I had to use the "fishing stories" to get there.....

Great Idea and not a bad price, although one would expect the fourth course to differ from the third course just a little??? pirate:

I have often thought they should open a craft beer bar at the American Pavilion in EPCOT and host beer pairing dinners there ... but if they are going to start doing that at Paddlefish I will take it. And $65 for the entire thing, including the take home pint glass really isn't bad and cheaper than many beer pairing dinners near me and nice they are going with a lesser known/used brewery

I have often thought they should open a craft beer bar at the American Pavilion in EPCOT and host beer pairing dinners there ... but if they are going to start doing that at Paddlefish I will take it. And $65 for the entire thing, including the take home pint glass really isn't bad and cheaper than many beer pairing dinners near me and nice they are going with a lesser known/used brewery

The price is right about what it is here too. The ones that I have been to around the midwest have options where you just do the beer flights and tastings or have dinner too. Just surprised they weren't a little higher considering Paddlefish normal pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter