News Round Up 2017

That doesn’t sound great, I figured this would be a Rock’n level thrill ride since they don’t really have a thrill ride in epcot, and I thought Ratatouille was going to be the family attraction.

It's hardly enough info to form any opinion. I'm thinking it's going to be rockin rollercoaster like more than anything, but without full inversion.

@sachilles makes the best point - this article is LOADED with speculation - I would suggest you shouldn't get too worked up about the details. This is WDWNT after all - who specialize in speculation as "breaking" news. Not to say there isn't some solid info in here - but I think a lot of the details are speculation.

Truthfully, the most interesting thing that I find in all this is they are building this huge building outside the park perimeter, yet apparently the dilapidated Wonders of Life building is staying in place. It makes me wonder (pun intended) if they have some actual plans for that building.

@sachilles makes the best point - this article is LOADED with speculation - I would suggest you shouldn't get too worked up about the details. This is WDWNT after all - who specialize in speculation as "breaking" news. Not to say there isn't some solid info in here - but I think a lot of the details are speculation.

Truthfully, the most interesting thing that I find in all this is they are building this huge building outside the park perimeter, yet apparently the dilapidated Wonders of Life building is staying in place. It makes me wonder (pun intended) if they have some actual plans for that building.

Couldn't agree more. People get very upset without actually knowing the details. I think there's an expectation problem with a lot of these builds, too. Expecting a well/properly themed and fun ride is good, adding other mental qualifiers can just lead to disappointment. And of course there's the issue of things changing as the budget gets ignored. Best thing to do is ride it if you want to, judge it then.

Couldn't agree more. People get very upset without actually knowing the details. I think there's an expectation problem with a lot of these builds, too. Expecting a well/properly themed and fun ride is good, adding other mental qualifiers can just lead to disappointment. And of course there's the issue of things changing as the budget gets ignored. Best thing to do is ride it if you want to, judge it then.

That said, I expect this will be a little more than just a plain old roller coaster in the dark. At the very least I expect it to be more like Gringott's or The Mummy over at Universal - or even compare to Everest, where the ride will stop occasionally for a show scene.

I get that and I'm not too worked up or anything - just when Disney announces it will be a "first of it's kind", etc. and then the first info leads to speculation of it not seeming to innovative it makes me less excited (not unexcited, just less for right now). And this is the "News and Rumors board" - the speculation is half the fun

That said, I expect this will be a little more than just a plain old roller coaster in the dark. At the very least I expect it to be more like Gringott's or The Mummy over at Universal - or even compare to Everest, where the ride will stop occasionally for a show scene.

I feel those would match what my expectations are right now. If it's more basic, along the lines of a straight up coaster going fast with some props (like RnRC) I'd be a little disappointed but it wouldn't dissuade me from riding. It just wouldn't get that recommendation for being an overall amazing experience.

Which is too bad... It seemed like it was a neat building. 2017 was my first year to WDW so I never it saw it "back when"

Wonders of Life was great back in the day - and ironically, at one point was the only pavilion open on that side of EPCOT when Horizons had closed, Energy was being renovated to the version with Ellen, and World of Motion was being changed to Test Track

Loved Body Wars and Cranium Command were great attractions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter