News Round Up 2017

NEWS

I thought this was interesting and I am sure numbers Disney will want to push with the Street => Including streaming and out of home viewing increases ESPN's live sports ratings by as much as 33% among 18-24 year olds

http://www.adweek.com/tv-video/espn...as-33-with-streaming-and-out-of-home-viewing/

"Three months after ESPN transitioned to Nielsen’s total live audience number—which combines streaming and out-of-home viewing with traditional linear ratings—the sports network is sharing its first seven weeks of data, which sees millennial audience increases for its live sports broadcasts by as much as 33 percent."

NEWS

I thought this was interesting and I am sure numbers Disney will want to push with the Street => Including streaming and out of home viewing increases ESPN's live sports ratings by as much as 33% among 18-24 year olds

http://www.adweek.com/tv-video/espn...as-33-with-streaming-and-out-of-home-viewing/

"Three months after ESPN transitioned to Nielsen’s total live audience number—which combines streaming and out-of-home viewing with traditional linear ratings—the sports network is sharing its first seven weeks of data, which sees millennial audience increases for its live sports broadcasts by as much as 33 percent."
Honestly if there’s s college game or if I wanna watch Monday night football from my bedroom, the watch ESPN app is the way I do it. It’s very convenient

I love runoff rapids (I love tube slides a lot more than body slides.) The only problem being (a) the location in the park sort of sucks and (b) I am old and can't walk up all those stairs as many times as I'd like. Hopefully these will be back in commission next year. Even so I'll probably only ride each one once, but still...got a Platinum Plus AP and gonna use it!

NEWS

It makes a HUGE difference and just illustrates how traditional Nielsen tracking is almost moot at this point with so many cord-cutters and alternative viewing options.

A somewhat similar example: we've got an award-winning local sports radio station where I live that was struggling in the ratings compared to the other two sports stations in town in those all important Male 18-24 & 25-30 demographics until they were able to switch from the traditional ratings book to a ratings book that allowed the inclusion of online/mobile streaming of the station ... their numbers quadrupled and all of a sudden, every possible segment that could have a sponsor attached to it had gone from sponsorless to being presented by two or more sponsors.

Anyway ... an increase like that will likely have national ad buyers beating down ESPN's door in no time.

I love runoff rapids (I love tube slides a lot more than body slides.) The only problem being (a) the location in the park sort of sucks and (b) I am old and can't walk up all those stairs as many times as I'd like. Hopefully these will be back in commission next year. Even so I'll probably only ride each one once, but still...got a Platinum Plus AP and gonna use it!
It would be great if they could get those up and running again. My family loves the tube slides best as well and we really missed them this year.

I am really sad that Tiana's Riverboat Ice Cream Party is possibly ending. I understand it has been running for a year (or more), but not everyone can get to do Disney every year and/or do every event when they do get to go. My daughter really wanted to do this on our upcoming trip in February. I regret not having done it when we were there this past August.

Does anyone think there is any chance they extend again? The only reason I am hopeful is that they also haven't extended the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party past January 29th yet. Perhaps they are simply late to releasing dates for these parties. Right now, Tiana's last date is January 6th. I am really hoping they extend one - if not both of these parties soon. I have to pick my FP+ in 2-weeks and would really like to know if I have these parties scheduled when making my selections.

Well, it's a way for Disney to make extra $ so I would say there is a chance it gets extended - especially if the new dates they just exegeses to sell well

Well...no movement on releasing more dates for Tiana’s Riverboat Party, but this morning Disney released February dates for the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. I found it odd that they only released February though.

You left out the part of my quote where I said "No major broadcast network".

By major broadcast network I am talking about ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox. What cable channels do is irrelevant to a conversation about the inability for ABC and Fox to be under the same umbrella.

No, I didn't leave that part out. Please note that the examples that dina444444 provided are on major broadcast networks. There are plenty of other examples of shows were the network merely provides the time slot for shows with which they have no direct ownership.

Please take a moment and read the quotes I selected. They were not related to the ABC/Fox issue. Please do not try to apply my comments to that discussion.

I guess I wasn't clear. My remarks were meant to correct your inaccurate statement that networks "buy old syndicated shows or they buy pilots and then produce shows." As both dina444444 and I noted, there is a third option. Networks (including major broadcast networks) also provide distribution to shows that they do not produce nor have direct ownership.

No, I didn't leave that part out. Please note that the examples that dina444444 provided are on major broadcast networks. There are plenty of other examples of shows were the network merely provides the time slot for shows with which they have no direct ownership.

Please take a moment and read the quotes I selected. They were not related to the ABC/Fox issue. Please do not try to apply my comments to that discussion.

I guess I wasn't clear. My remarks were meant to correct your inaccurate statement that networks "buy old syndicated shows or they buy pilots and then produce shows." As both dina444444 and I noted, there is a third option. Networks (including major broadcast networks) also provide distribution to shows that they do not produce nor have direct ownership.

Good explanation, the tv/film industry is a lot more complicated than people realize. Adding the big streaming guys into the mix only complicates things even more.

Well...no movement on releasing more dates for Tiana’s Riverboat Party, but this morning Disney released February dates for the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. I found it odd that they only released February though.

Sounds like it's a lot like the Star Wars dessert parties. Those release usually a month at a time and I recall seeing a CM on the Star Wars thread saying the EP and HS parties are run by the same department. So I could see with all the holiday stuff going on it might be slower to schedule until things calm down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter