• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currently available to APs only

View attachment 323948
Show-off.
DL IT figures out how to include AP discounts on day 1 of an online ordering app
41539551604_7fb5d3c904_z.jpg

WDW doesn’t offer quick service AP discounts though. They were only offered as part of the celebration for the 45th anniversary.
But it’s the same with any other part of MDE, no regular shopping or TS dining discounts when paying with MDE.

I think "Riviera" as Americans we may immediately think "French Riviera" but my feeling is we are looking more at "Mexican Riviera" also known as the "Mayan Riviera" which would be Cancun / Cozumel / Playa Del Carmen and could fit more thematically with a Caribbean theme. I don't think Disney has come out and said this - but it just seems logical to me. There is no way that you won't be seeing the rest of CBR from any rooms on that side of the resort, so they will want to keep the theming at least relatively close.

Up until I read this post I had assumed is was a Maya/Mexican/Caribbean type theme.

HOWEVER after reading it got me thinking about a video I saw a few years ago with a high up Disney hotel person saying that the plan was to have all new hotels match a land or major area in a theme park. So now I am wondering if this Riviera is supposed to be the "French Riviera" to go with the expansion of the France pavilion at EPCOT.

That being said the building large setup has more of the looks of a Caribbean resort rather than anything I would picture being in France.

But it’s the same with any other part of MDE, no regular shopping or TS dining discounts when paying with MDE.
You wouldn’t pay through MDE for any of that though. You do get your discount if you use your magicband. Just have to show the card and ID. They shop parks app does offer discounts through it for APs.

You wouldn’t pay through MDE for any of that though. You do get your discount if you use your magicband. Just have to show the card and ID. They shop parks app does offer discounts through it for APs.
Yep, you don't use MDE to buy anything other than the AP itself and mobile order dining.

I think "Riviera" as Americans we may immediately think "French Riviera" but my feeling is we are looking more at "Mexican Riviera" also known as the "Mayan Riviera" which would be Cancun / Cozumel / Playa Del Carmen and could fit more thematically with a Caribbean theme. I don't think Disney has come out and said this - but it just seems logical to me. There is no way that you won't be seeing the rest of CBR from any rooms on that side of the resort, so they will want to keep the theming at least relatively close.

That's in line what the BW DVC Models Rep was saying. Very Caribbean feel, but who knows for sure.

So much room out front near the water to create a very nice amenity, here's hoping.

I do like the French Riviera idea as well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter