News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can but with late fall being announced for dhs im going with they are aiming for Memorial Day for summer kickoff with the opening.

Yeah, that was the date I recalled being discussed but never clear to me exactly what the seasons are for Disney so wasn’t sure if that was spring or Summer to Disney

Key takeaway I think is that the lands are relatively on time or at least not huge delays yet pushing it off rumored openings

We can approximate the Disneyland SW:GE opening date ranges based on peak pricing for one day tickets. Summer is typically considered last week and a half of May starting with Wednesday (transition from value to regular/peak season pricing) before Memorial Day weekend and continuing until third week of August when Monday-Thursday return to value season pricing (kids back in school). I think potential date range could be Memorial Day weekend to mid/late June. I'd also expect some sort of D23 special event there (late/after hours) similar to the Fantasmic 2.0 preview offered during 2017 D23 event.

Yeah, that was the date I recalled being discussed but never clear to me exactly what the seasons are for Disney so wasn’t sure if that was spring or Summer to Disney

Key takeaway I think is that the lands are relatively on time or at least not huge delays yet pushing it off rumored openings
Disney doesn’t want to fall behind on Star Wars. More pressure than say toy story.

We can approximate the Disneyland SW:GE opening date ranges based on peak pricing for one day tickets. Summer is typically considered last week and a half of May starting with Wednesday (transition from value to regular/peak season pricing) before Memorial Day weekend and continuing until third week of September when Monday-Thursday return to value season pricing. I think potential date range could be Memorial Day weekend to mid/late June. I'd also expect some sort of D23 special event there (late/after hours) similar to the Fantasmic 2.0 preview offered during 2017 D23 event.
While a good indicator yes Disney is expected to change to tiered multi day tickets and expected to change up annual passes before this land opens.

While a good indicator yes Disney is expected to change to tiered multi day tickets and expected to change up annual passes before this land opens.
It will be interesting to see if military salute tickets will be available the next couple of years as well. Same with any dvc ticket perks. I think the demand here will be so high Disney won't have to offer those.

So several strategies for everyone to think about to "price protect" to hedge for expected ticket price/changes...

1) If you plan on DLR annual pass, purchase it late summer before Labor Day 2018 to cover opening date for Disneyland SW:GE summer 2019 opening (Signature or Signature Plus to not have blackout during opening day).
2) You can buy multi-day pass now and use it for the opening (Mult-day tickets must be used within 13 days of first use or by January 13, 2020, whichever comes first).
3) One-day tickets bought today are valid now through December 31, 2019. One-day Peak ticket can be used for any day (Peak, Regular or Value).

Mainly for Disneyland according to rumors. They’ll have days blocked out for Disneyland only and DCA will be available to help crowds. Also expect a price increase.
What about WDW? Granted, they have more room to spread the crowds, but still, there are a lot of people just waiting to drop a ton of cash to get there that might not normally visit. Any rumors yet on what impact SW:GE will have on tix or passes there?

So several strategies for everyone to think about to "price protect" to hedge for expected ticket price/changes...

1) If you plan on DLR annual pass, purchase it late summer before Labor Day 2018 to cover opening date for Disneyland SW:GE summer 2019 opening (Signature or Signature Plus to not have blackout during opening day).
2) You can buy multi-day pass now and use it for the opening (Mult-day tickets must be used within 13 days of first use or by January 13, 2020, whichever comes first).
3) One-day tickets bought today are valid now through December 31, 2019. One-day Peak ticket can be used for any day (Peak, Regular or Value).
Signature language now says it could be blocked out during days other than the December holidays when you buy it.

What about WDW? Granted, they have more room to spread the crowds, but still, there are a lot of people just waiting to drop a ton of cash to get there that might not normally visit. Any rumors yet on what impact SW:GE will have on tix or passes there?
Obviously a price increase is expected but I wouldn’t expect major changes to the AP for WDW because it’s not like the DLR system and they don’t have as many.

Signature language now says it could be blocked out during days other than the December holidays when you buy it.
Good point - so Signature Plus or Premier which state 365 days in contract when you purchase it are safest choices. Since the "When is a Passport Good for Admission?" pop-up calendar shows Signature admission/blockout dates through April 2019, we'll all need to keep an eye on that calendar as each month gets added to see if any clues are given as to potential opening dates...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter