News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I read the article and was very excited at the start and then was like...

Did something just happen?

Did I miss it?

So from the concept art, now officially released :), we know Spiderman is going to DCA. We also know Rockin' Rollercoaster at DLP will be Ironman/Avengers themed.
That leaves Dr. Strange and Antman with no known location at those two parks as the article says they will have a role in those parks? With Armageddon closing also for a Spiderman attraction according to the other concept art released which is DLP, Ant man is apparently replacing the restaurant in the Studios Park :)

So from the concept art, now officially released :), we know Spiderman is going to DCA. We also know Rockin' Rollercoaster at DLP will be Ironman/Avengers themed.
That leaves Dr. Strange and Antman with no known location at those two parks as the article says they will have a role in those parks? With Armageddon closing that leaves one of those IPs to go there and probably the other one a DCA and the rumour is Antman Micro-Brewery at DCA so Dr Strange at DLP?? Just a theory but at least the article is confirming the Marvel IPs being used.
We already knew Spider-Man was gonna have an attraction at DCA and that RnRc would become Iron Man.

Landed 2am this morning from a weekend trip to Walt Disney World. EPCOT on Saturday was much busier than we were expecting. Imagination was up to a 40 (maybe 50) minute wait time. Interestingly enough they weren't loading rows two rows (either 4 and 5, or 5 and 6, I can't remember). At least 4 ride vehicles in front of us (and then ours) did not have anyone sitting in two of the rows. Seemed pretty inefficient.

Pop Warner Football championship week is always a busy time that gets worse in latter part of the week as most teams have been knocked out.

2018footballschedule.jpg

http://www.popwarner.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1948945

That leaves Dr. Strange and Antman with no known location at those two parks as the article says they will have a role in those parks? With Armageddon closing also for a Spiderman attraction according to the other concept art released which is DLP, Ant man is apparently replacing the restaurant in the Studios Park :)

It's not been confirmed - but they also mention Captain America in that article. I can't imagine a Captain America ride in France - so I think it's more likely the rumored Captain America coaster in DCA.

According to the keys to the kingdom guide, she said early next year for the dragons return to the parade. Guess I will miss it this trip.

Sorry, I can't believe Black Panther and Mary Poppins are nominated for best films, but Avengers and Hereditary aren't.

Black Panther is loaded with cultural significance and it's important that it was made, but the actual movie itself, in my sure to be unpopular opinion, is not as good as The Avengers: Infinity War. I would put it behind GoTG (both) or Thor Ragnarok for entertainment value. Sorry! :) Not that I begrudge it a win, just think there are better movies.

I haven't seen Mary Poppins, but I just doubt it's really a best picture.

Hereditary (non-Disney) - that was an amazing movie. Thank god Toni Collette got a best actress nom out of it.

Some have said it deserves to be up there for it.

I don't put much into best picture types. In terms of the Academy best pictures I haven't seen many of them in recent years. Something like Shape of Water just doesn't have any interest to me.

Agreed.

Hereditary (non-Disney) - that was an amazing movie. Thank god Toni Collette got a best actress nom out of it.
I enjoy psychological movies but Hereditary was not very good IMO. There were some plot points I thought were good but then it would lose major points for others and eww the ending was just gross IMO. Toni Collette is a good actress I agree with you there.

FWIW I really disliked The Babadook so I'm going to say my taste in psychological thrillers might be more limited.

It can be as little or big as you want it to be.

I used to write them all the time (I had a job where I could finish my work in half the work day then I wrote the trip reports there haha).

But I am glad I have the ones I do, let's me look back and remember if nothing else.

We always buy a pin for each day of our trip - something that somehow represents that day (an attraction, character, something that has the emotion of the day, etc.). Then I write what we did that day on an index card and pin the index card in our pin binders! So really I can just type those up and boom - trip report!

Sorry, I can't believe Black Panther and Mary Poppins are nominated for best films, but Avengers and Hereditary aren't.

Black Panther is loaded with cultural significance and it's important that it was made, but the actual movie itself, in my sure to be unpopular opinion, is not as good as The Avengers: Infinity War. I would put it behind GoTG (both) or Thor Ragnarok for entertainment value. Sorry! :) Not that I begrudge it a win, just think there are better movies.

I haven't seen Mary Poppins, but I just doubt it's really a best picture.

I agree. Avengers: Infinity War is the greatest cinematic achievement of all time IMO. Black Panther is an excellent movie, but AIW is on a completely different level. It's on an island by itself 10 years in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter