News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would absolutely hate that. Blaring rock music is perfect for that coaster. What in the heck would we SEE at that speed that makes theming it worth it?? And what would we hear -- Marvel-related music? Ugh. I know they're doing it in DLP, but I just don't get it.
A lot of marvel related music is rock... ;)

I have to say that having seen Black Panther at home several months after the hype - I would disagree with your assessment - I though Black Panther was excellent. And it has one thing that Avengers:IW doesn't have - it can stand on it's own as a movie. I'm not saying that IW isn't good - but if you were to put it on 10 years from now for someone that hasn't seen any of the previous Marvel movies, it would (a) make little sense and (b) appear to mostly be a punch fest with little character development.

(And as a general rule - you won't get a lot of support for a comment of "I've haven't seen X but I doubt it's good." Would you be OK with me saying "I haven't seen Hereditary - but I think you are wrong and it's terrible.")

I would say Black Panther was good, not excellent.
I'm okay, I'm not looking for support. :)

Last edited:
A lot of marvel related music is rock... ;)
But is any of it good?? Outside of Guardians and others that used existing songs, I'd say nope wrt any original tracks/music.

Something tells me they wouldn't be paying royalties to get good songs in there... that it would be a background track of sorts... original music from the films... am I wrong?

But is any of it good?? Outside of Guardians and others that used existing songs, I'd say nope.

Something tells me they wouldn't be paying royalties to get good songs in there... that it would be a background track of sorts... original music from the films... am I wrong?
Well in Florida they’d only really be able to use guardians related stuffs.

Iron Man uses AC/DC which I would argue would be a good fit but that can’t be used in Florida.

Iron Man uses AC/DC which I would argue would be a good fit but that can’t be used in Florida.
AC/DC would work musically IMO as well, but as you say, off the table. Do you see Disney somehow using REAL songs from the Guardians soundtrack if they did this in WDW? I'd assume "original" background track music -- ugh.

Do we know if they can use concepts related to characters if they don't use the actual characters? Like could they change RnRC to something created by Stark Industries, but never mention Ironman?

Not saying I would want that - just wondering how creative they could get

Do we know if they can use concepts related to characters if they don't use the actual characters? Like could they change RnRC to something created by Stark Industries, but never mention Ironman?

Not saying I would want that - just wondering how creative they could get
I’m not really sure on that part. Maybe? It’s probably a slippery slope.

AC/DC would work musically IMO as well, but as you say, off the table. Do you see Disney somehow using REAL songs from the Guardians soundtrack if they did this in WDW? I'd assume "original" background track music -- ugh.

One big complaint I have of Avengers / Marvel is the lack of any particularly memorable orchestral themes. Lots of other movies series have done this over the years, and even more recently - you can hum the Pirates theme, or maybe even Wonder Woman's (not all that hummable, but memorable), but the Avengers music is so sort of blah that even though you recognize it when you see it, you couldn't recall it to your friend. It's sort of a problem that plagues a lot of modern movies though - the style is more propulsive that melodic.

John Williams true genius was his ability to take 2 bars of music and make it so catchy that you can recall it from memory. Sing along with me....
Indiana Jones!
Star Wars!
Superman!
Jurassic Park!
Jaws!
Harry Potter!

Now- Avengers!

You get my point...

One big complaint I have of Avengers / Marvel is the lack of any particularly memorable orchestral themes. Lots of other movies series have done this over the years, and even more recently - you can hum the Pirates theme, or maybe even Wonder Woman's (not all that hummable, but memorable), but the Avengers music is so sort of blah that even though you recognize it when you see it, you couldn't recall it to your friend. It's sort of a problem that plagues a lot of modern movies though - the style is more propulsive that melodic.

John Williams true genius was his ability to take 2 bars of music and make it so catchy that you can recall it from memory. Sing along with me....
Indiana Jones!
Star Wars!
Superman!
Jurassic Park!
Jaws!
Harry Potter!

Now- Avengers!

You get my point...

I actually can hum the avengers infinity war music haha.

Have no clue what the wonder woman music sounds like.

But agreed that Williams is the best.

Indiana Jones!
Star Wars!
Superman!
Jurassic Park!
Jaws!
Harry Potter!

Now- Avengers!

You get my point...

I wish I could like your post more than once. I love memorable score themes. Jurassic Park and Indy still gives me "that feeling" a jillion years later. Williams along with my other favorites James Horner, Danny Elfman, Jerry Goldsmith, Alan Silvestri... I couldn't even tell you who composed any of the Marvel films. There are some recent films that I really enjoy thematic elements from but they are mostly animated (Rise of the Guardians, Inside Out for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter