News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not enough to pay for new monorails

(Yeah, yeah I know they are separate areas ... doesn’t mean I can’t vent about it)

Did we ever figure out if it was true that Seimen's was going to pay for new monorails if they got their name on them?

Because if so...no sympathy for Disney, they should have taken that deal.

Not like it would be the first time a sponsor's name was on something in a park.

https://tdrexplorer.com/universal-studio-japan-sing-on-tour/#more-39297

Sing, a show based on the movie, is coming to universal Japan.

Wonder if that's what our universal will use to fill the old Terminator show building.

The rumor is that T2 3D will be replaced by a Treadstone/Jason Bourne stunt show. It sounds kind of lame though.

Some have said it deserves to be up there for it.

I don't put much into best picture types. In terms of the Academy best pictures I haven't seen many of them in recent years. Something like Shape of Water just doesn't have any interest to me.

Shape of Water totally deserved best picture. It was amazing! It was beautiful, sad, scary, and intriguing all at the same time. It had everything, great acting, excellent story, amazing special effects, and really beautiful cinematography. I was totally blown away, unexpectedly.

The rumor is that T2 3D will be replaced by a Treadstone/Jason Bourne stunt show. It sounds kind of lame though.

Shape of Water totally deserved best picture. It was amazing! It was beautiful, sad, scary, and intriguing all at the same time. It had everything, great acting, excellent story, amazing special effects, and really beautiful cinematography. I was totally blown away, unexpectedly.

Do you know I wanted to love Shape of Water? I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would and that made me sad. :( Very beautiful though.

Do you know what I just happened to watch out of boredom and was blown away by? Paddington!!! Then I watched Paddington 2 and it was just as good, I was shocked! I mean, really really good! :)

Do you know I wanted to love Shape of Water? I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would and that made me sad. :( Very beautiful though.

Do you know what I just happened to watch out of boredom and was blown away by? Paddington!!! Then I watched Paddington 2 and it was just as good, I was shocked! I mean, really really good! :)

Both Paddingtons were cute.

Hmm I hadn't heard that. A stunt show? Sindbad closed down would seem a bit strange to add a new attraction as a stunt show but I guess stranger things have happened.

I don't think it's quite the same thing as Sindbad. I think it's more like T2 3D was. Universal referred to it as a stunt show, especially with the motorcycle. It will be indoors.

EDIT: Also, it's in a different park. Sindbad was in IOA, and T2 3D was at the Studios. Sindbad is right next to Hogsmeade, so will probably get absorbed into the Wizarding World.

I don't think it's quite the same thing as Sindbad. I think it's more like T2 3D was. Universal referred to it as a stunt show, especially with the motorcycle. It will be indoors.
Ahh ok. I'm kinda hoping for something more of a new attraction but I guess we'll see eventually. I'd agree with you on the lame comment especially if they are just swapping out IPs but keeping the base idea the same.

Not saying it didn't. It just wasn't a film for me.

Report of a huge line for the monorail at Contemporary this evening around 7:30. According to this tweet they were not allowing people to board at Contemporary despite the monorails having plenty of space...strange situation.

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1072289059685441537?s=20
Sounds like it was a management order as the CMs didn’t like it as much as the guests. Maybe they are trying to limit space to prevent further concerning situations.

News

Armageddon will close at Walt Disney Studios Park in April 2019 to make way for Marvel
Have we seen a date for closing rock ‘n roller coaster (in DLP) yet? Crossing my fingers it’s after our July visit. My littlest deemed it her favorite coaster in WDW and being west coasters, I don’t see us getting back to WDW in the near or even not so near future.

Have we seen a date for closing rock ‘n roller coaster (in DLP) yet? Crossing my fingers it’s after our July visit. My littlest deemed it her favorite coaster in WDW and being west coasters, I don’t see us getting back to WDW in the near or even not so near future.
I believe they said Q3 of 2019 but no specific date yet.

I’m hoping they re-theme RNRC @ WDW to Marvel...

Just keep the TOT sacred :) especially with the new Jordan Peele TZ coming out soon!

Paddington was surprisingly good. I usually like to watch animated movies at the theater but had no interest in this. Finally watched it on Netflix and really enjoyed it.

Also liked shape of water.

Pop Warner Football championship week is always a busy time that gets worse in latter part of the week as most teams have been knocked out.

2018footballschedule.jpg

http://www.popwarner.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1948945

Our first hit was EPCOT on Saturday and the crowd definitely seemed older, but perhaps.

Sorry, I can't believe Black Panther and Mary Poppins are nominated for best films, but Avengers and Hereditary aren't.

Black Panther is loaded with cultural significance and it's important that it was made, but the actual movie itself, in my sure to be unpopular opinion, is not as good as The Avengers: Infinity War. I would put it behind GoTG (both) or Thor Ragnarok for entertainment value. Sorry! :) Not that I begrudge it a win, just think there are better movies.

I haven't seen Mary Poppins, but I just doubt it's really a best picture.

Hereditary (non-Disney) - that was an amazing movie. Thank god Toni Collette got a best actress nom out of it.

Subjective awards are a joke. Hereditary was just like The VVitch. Slow and methodical. Something different. Kills it in all the festivals. Then it gets a wide release in theaters and plays next to Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and people go, 'well that was slow and boring'. Not to say it's a perfect movie, but still. That's ok though. Keep letting A24 distribute the good stuff and leave Warner Bros. to distribute the popcorn horror. There's a market for both.

Sorry, I can't believe Black Panther and Mary Poppins are nominated for best films, but Avengers and Hereditary aren't.

Black Panther is loaded with cultural significance and it's important that it was made, but the actual movie itself, in my sure to be unpopular opinion, is not as good as The Avengers: Infinity War. I would put it behind GoTG (both) or Thor Ragnarok for entertainment value. Sorry! :) Not that I begrudge it a win, just think there are better movies.

I haven't seen Mary Poppins, but I just doubt it's really a best picture.

Hereditary (non-Disney) - that was an amazing movie. Thank god Toni Collette got a best actress nom out of it.

I have to say that having seen Black Panther at home several months after the hype - I would disagree with your assessment - I though Black Panther was excellent. And it has one thing that Avengers:IW doesn't have - it can stand on it's own as a movie. I'm not saying that IW isn't good - but if you were to put it on 10 years from now for someone that hasn't seen any of the previous Marvel movies, it would (a) make little sense and (b) appear to mostly be a punch fest with little character development.

(And as a general rule - you won't get a lot of support for a comment of "I've haven't seen X but I doubt it's good." Would you be OK with me saying "I haven't seen Hereditary - but I think you are wrong and it's terrible.")

I’m hoping they re-theme RNRC @ WDW to Marvel...

i am wondering what that could be that would still fit in with the overall theme of Hollywood Blvd of "old time Hollywood" (though I know it isn't fully that as I've been informed to think of the ToT as not set in that time frame but frozen in it and we are, in "today" visiting it)

and they can't do Captain America, otherwise you could theme it to the First Avenger and do like Big Band music or something

Maybe Dr. Strnage who warps reality or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter